This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Flash Games Retiring in October

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Java and Flash, two technologies that have powered Pogo games for many years, are being phased out across the internet. Support for Java has already been dropped from most web browsers, and Flash support will be discontinued by 2020. Pogo and EA have no control over this change in web technology.

Because of this, we are retiring the following older Flash-based games from Pogo on October 31st.

Alhambra Solitaire
Beaker Creatures
Bloons2
Bouncing Letters
Chain Reaction
Cirque du Flea
Classic Mines
Daily Crossword
Dominoes Single Player
Gem's Warfare
Gems 3
Greater Than Sudoku
Loop the City
Martha Solitaire
Math Lines
Maze Solitaire
Nine Men's Morris
Payday Poker
Pile of Balls
Poker Square
Puck's Peak
Reversi
Sudoku X
Word Out

We know some of you will be disappointed. Due to changes in supported technology, it is simply not feasible for us to continue supporting these games. We know it's no fun to lose a favorite game, so we encourage you to explore the Pogo library. We have multiple games in each category – bingo, card, word, puzzle, etc. – offering similar gameplay.

Keep an eye on Badge Central – we'll be bringing back as many Badges as we can for these games, discounted by 50%. We encourage you to work on finishing up any Challenges or ranks while you can. You will be automatically awarded Badges for any in-progress or purchased Challenges you are unable to complete in time.

We're continuing to update our most popular games to HTML5, providing improved graphics, performance and accessibility across devices and browsers. We've already released over two dozen new and updated titles, with more in the works. The future of games on Pogo is very bright!

Thank you for all your support and understanding.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

OMG, they really are getting rid of everything.  So sad.

LittleFawn

They really have no choice. It is sad but I did not play any of the games listed unless it was for a weekly challenge.

TheLastDodo

Puck's Peak is one that makes me sad about its departure...I played it a lot

Mayhem

I understand Pogo's hands are tied because flash support will be discontinued soon - I just hope they convert a lot of the favorites to HTML 5.

Squid

I know I keep chiming in with the same complaint.  I know that technology moves forward and the difficulties involved with supporting near-obsolete formats.  I am just sad to see so much variety go.  I played some of these games once in a while and enjoyed them.  I'm just a cranky-puss.

LittleFawn

Other gaming sites are going to have to decide to just not Pogo. Practically all of Facebook games comes to mind. I only play a few at Facebook. Just hard to see much go.

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on June 01, 2019, 05:28:14 AM
I know I keep chiming in with the same complaint.  I know that technology moves forward and the difficulties involved with supporting near-obsolete formats.  I am just sad to see so much variety go.  I played some of these games once in a while and enjoyed them.  I'm just a cranky-puss.

embrace.gif

Squid

Mayhem

Pogo has decided to retire these games today, October 8th (was October 31st).

No reason was given, but I suspect things are going well with the new website and they want to move things along faster.

Squid

Just when I was about to go in and see what PILE OF BALLS was all about...

MsMissy

oh, im also sorry to see some of these games  are going to be taken off. They are taking too m,any of them I think.  sad.gif

Mayhem

I see Pogo still has a lot of flash games. They aren't done yet ...