This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Mass Shooting in El Paso Texas

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Anyone following the news on the mass shooting at Walmart in El Paso, Texas?

Unconfirmed reports of 22 dead, 30 injured and 1 suspect is in custody. It's days like these where you start to lose faith in humanity.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

It's incredible.  The more press these stories get, the more it seems to happen.  I can't get over the fact that these shooters see no other way out of their pain other than to mass shoot.  All the stories prove to me that it could happen at any time, any place.  Going for a quart of milk?  It may be the last decision you'll ever make.  That's just sick.

I know this is happening around the globe as I watch the news but the capital of mass shootings is the U.S.  Where are we going wrong?  What are we missing?

smokyrain

So Sad INdeed. I forget what town it is, but everyone carries a weapon, and there is no crime. But it would be sad to have to come to that.

Mayhem

Doesn't Texas allow people to open carry? I'm just wondering why no one in Walmart had a weapon to shoot back with.

Squid

Now there's been a shooting in Ohio.  9 dead, I think.

Mayhem

smokyrain

Quote from: Mayhem on August 04, 2019, 12:34:49 AM
Doesn't Texas allow people to open carry? I'm just wondering why no one in Walmart had a weapon to shoot back with.
Quote from: Mayhem on August 04, 2019, 01:01:41 PM
Wow ... 9 people killed and 27 injured  sad.gif

That is sad, and yes I believe people in Texas can carry, but I am not totally sure.

S1lent

Greetings,
Idaho has open carry.  Makes me a little nervous in Walmart when someone has a weapon.  Now, should I start packing?

On the lighter side...in basic military training...I learned the difference between gun and rifle.  OK, for those that don't know...the quote goes like this "This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for fighting, this is for fun".

S1lent

Mayhem

I'm all for protecting yourself, but this would make me a little nervous ...

Squid

THat would make me VERY nervous!  How is anyone else supposed to know if he's one of the bad guys or not?

Mayhem

Exactly! This is a tad excessive for a Starbucks run. Then again, who knows for sure these days...

smokyrain

You would want to make sure you got their order correct lol, so they don't go all Postal on you

Squid

Quote from: smokyrain on August 11, 2019, 08:58:52 PM
You would want to make sure you got their order correct lol, so they don't go all Postal on you
hysterical.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview