PlayBuddy
April 16, 2024, 01:30:25 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Sweet Tooth Town : Create 100 Sugar Swirls this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Correctly place 450 cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

New Age Verification Page

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Service Update: New Age Verification Page

Hello Pogo Community,

On Thursday, September 5th you will notice a new prompt on Pogo asking you to verify your age. This applies to all non-Club Pogo members, including guest users.

Club Pogo Members do not need to verify and can simply sign in to avoid seeing the prompt.

Thanks for your help,
Your Friends at Pogo
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Hmmm, I wonder what prompted this.

Mayhem

That's a good question!

It's interesting that this does not apply to Club members though.

Squid

Mayhem

Hello Pogo Community,

Starting today, you may notice a new prompt on Pogo asking you to verify your age. This applies to all non-Club Pogo members, including guest users.

Club Pogo Members do not need to verify and can simply sign in to avoid seeing the prompt.

Thanks for your help,
Your Friends at Pogo

Squid

Maybe the Club Pogo members have already stated their age; I can't remember what I filled out to become a member.

Mayhem

I don't think we ever had to state our age. I see that you need to be 13 years old - otherwise you get rejected on that verification page.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on October 20, 2019, 12:43:04 AM
I don't think we ever had to state our age. I see that you need to be 13 years old - otherwise you get rejected on that verification page.

I think that we all had to state some age verification. Almost all interactive websites require it to protect kids from perps and the site from lawsuits. It's likely when we first subscribed we had to do it. Now, perhaps, in renewals we don't have to.

catfancie

Club Members usually pay by credit card and you need to be 18 years of age to obtain one. So anyone who is a club member has admitted to being at least 18 yrs old.

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on October 21, 2019, 07:10:14 AM
I think that we all had to state some age verification. Almost all interactive websites require it to protect kids from perps and the site from lawsuits. It's likely when we first subscribed we had to do it. Now, perhaps, in renewals we don't have to.

Oh, that's quite possible. I signed up in the early 2000's.

Mayhem

Quote from: catfancie on October 21, 2019, 02:57:44 PM
Club Members usually pay by credit card and you need to be 18 years of age to obtain one. So anyone who is a club member has admitted to being at least 18 yrs old.

True .. but doesn't Pogo also accept PayPal? I'm not sure how old you need to open an account there though.

Gary Scheel

How do I change age on your site, I cant log into Pogo

LittleFawn

That is on Pogo not here. Never have had to go to that page.

Mayhem

Quote from: Gary Scheel on February 08, 2020, 01:42:22 PM
How do I change age on your site, I cant log into Pogo

You should only see this on Pogo when you are not logged in. There is a drop-down menu where you can select your age and then you'll be able to log in.

Fern Watt

I made a dreadful mistake.  I listed my age as 4 (four)  I am actually 86 and use Anagrams to  keep my mind sharp.  Please, how may I remedy this?

Squid

Quote from: Fern Watt on October 14, 2022, 06:26:08 PM
I made a dreadful mistake.  I listed my age as 4 (four)  I am actually 86 and use Anagrams to  keep my mind sharp.  Please, how may I remedy this?
I presume you mean you mistakenly listed your age on Pogo.  Here's what I found:

• Go to the Pogo homepage
  • in the upper right corner, click on your avatar, your player picture
  • in the dropdown list, choose MY PROFILE
  • Scroll down a bit and choose ABOUT ME
  • Click on EDIT on ALL ABOUT ME
  • Use the dropdown menu under AGE to choose your age
  • Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES

minimarshs

Quote from: Mayhem on September 05, 2019, 12:46:17 AM
That's a good question!

It's interesting that this does not apply to Club members though.

Did this age verification thing start around the same time Pogo started awarding Gems through the Constellations.  There is an age rule when winning things that can be valued.  And that stupid rule most likely has everything to do with paying taxes on winnings.  Anyway, just a thought.  I can't work out why Club members aren't included though.

Mayhem

Pogo never did explain what that was all about. I'm assuming they are collecting just for internal statistics purposes.