This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Payday FreeCell HD

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Payday FreeCell HD is coming to Pogo on November 7th!

The newly upgraded Payday FreeCell HD brings back the timeless strategic FreeCell solitaire gameplay with improved graphics and performance.

You'll be able to rejoin those silly plate-spinning royals for even more fun as you sort all 52 cards into the four foundation stacks, one for each suit. To that, you'll have to use your four free cells wisely.

You can play it here : https://www.pogo.com/games/payday-freecell-hd
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

LittleFawn

I think it looks better because now you can actually see the cards. I cannot play this game in its current form because it is to small. It looks okay to me.

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on October 29, 2019, 04:44:26 AM
Am I wrong?  The graphics look... lackluster.

It might look that way because of the shading used in the screenshots. I think the real version will "pop" a lot more than what is showing right now.

Squid

Ok, ty.  I like the game and actually play for fun once in a while!

Mayhem

I played it a lot when it first came out. I'm looking forward to seeing the new update!

LittleFawn

Me to. The HD version is just what I needed to start playing this again.

MsMissy

like the HD version, you can actually se the cards. will have to try this game again. tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif

Mayhem

Just a reminder that this game will be released sometime today!

LittleFawn

This is now playable. Just add it to your favorites.

Mayhem

What I like about this game is that you do not need to win to gain ranks.

Also, I found this little tidbit in the Pogo news :

Pogo Llama: What are some of the different features in the new HD version?

Pogo John: The biggest new feature to the game is the updated art style. This game features new backgrounds, animations, and card art that looks great when playing either in full screen or standard mode. Another change we made was to how hands are dealt within the game. Previously the game dealt cards at 100% random, however this was changed a little to ensure that this is more user friendly. For those who like a challenge though, fear not! The game is still very challenging and depending on your hand, you may need to start over.

--------------

So the cards that are dealt are not 100% random. I guess was too difficult to win when it was all random?

Squid

I still have to check this game out.  I might just go now...

ETA - the artwork is definitely better than in the still pictures prior to the release.  I must say, however, that I don't like that you can't just move cards to another stack without involving free cells.  Not a big deal, just not my favorite.

Stinkerbell

So, this kind of speaks to what we've thought about QA all along - they can, and in some games do, determine where the cards/ tiles go, making some of the levels almost impossible to win without power-ups.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 08, 2019, 07:06:30 AM
So, this kind of speaks to what we've thought about QA all along - they can, and in some games do, determine where the cards/ tiles go, making some of the levels almost impossible to win without power-ups.
Oh, definitely

Mayhem

Yes, they can control the layout. I wonder what other games they are doing this on?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview