This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Anagram Solver - Word Finder & Unscrambler

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

I've created a free anagram solver / word finder & word unscrambler.

It currently contains (5) dictionary files, which can be selected by clicking on the "Show Advanced Options" button.

The dictionaries include :

- 450,000 word dictionaries in English, British and Australian
- 280,000 word dictionary for Scrabble
- 11,000 word dictionary for Word Whomp

If you're playing a Scrabble game, I highly recommended you select the Scrabble dictionary as it only contains official legal Scrabble words. It will also include point totals for each word.

If you're playing Word Whomp - choose that dictionary and it will only display words that are accepted in that game.

I've also created a new "portable version". When you click on the link, it will open the anagram solver in a new, smaller window. This will allow you to have both your word game and the anagram solver sit beside each other for ease of use.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know!

https://www.pogocheats.net/anagram-solver/
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Mayhem

snowflower

Mayhem

Mayhem

I've done a minor update and added support for really old web browsers.

Let me know if you run in to any issues!

ARIELANN

Mayhem

We don't know for sure what Pogo's plans are. I know they are going to upgrade a bunch of games, but which ones remain to be seen!

Mayhem

I've updated the anagram solver tonight and applied the following updates :

- You can now hit the "enter" key to submit a word. (Previously, you had to click on the "find words" button).
- The word results are now displayed in a comma delimited list. The words results format has not changed in the "portable" edition.

Also, most of the words now include a vast amount of additional information. This includes definitions, related words, nearby words, word origin, other words for, synonyms and more. To see the new information, search for a word like "stronger".

Other various updates were also made to the backend - so let me know if you run in to any issues!

https://www.pogocheats.net/anagram-solver/

Squid

wow, sounds great!  I love the ENTER key option.  It really is a time saver.  TYVM

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on December 06, 2019, 04:57:48 AM
wow, sounds great!  I love the ENTER key option.  It really is a time saver.  TYVM

You're welcome!

The funny thing is that you'd think something like that would be simple to do, but the difficult part was to use code that was compatible with all browsers - desktop and mobile. Internet Explorer was a real issue ...

Squid

I appreciate all your efforts!  I know a lot goes into the simplest of code, especially these days with everything becoming more complicated.  I wish I had your gifts!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on December 07, 2019, 06:41:54 AM
I appreciate all your efforts!  I wish I had your gifts!

I second Inky's sentiments. Years and years ago when AOL gave us web space to use I designed one of the very first privatepages for my church group. It was a lot of fun but it was pretty easy compared to what you have to do to program today. I also have a blog on blogger. I built it about five or six years ago, and then they started changing everything and so certain parts of the blog wouldn't work and because it was free I couldn't get tech-support. So the blog is still there but I've abandoned it. I miss it.

Mayhem

Yeah, I never had a blog but I started out on MSN groups in 2003. It was a lot fun. In fact, that's where PogoCheats first started.

We out-grew that fast .. and well, here we are now!

Sueette

Mayhem,
blowkisses.gif
thank you, thank you, thank you for the Anagram Solver!!!  I have been using another browser "shrunk down" beside the game I am playing. I will use this program (app) every day because I don't just play word games on Pogo, but on other sites as well.  Thank you soooooo much.

Squid

Quote from: Sueette on March 23, 2020, 04:50:30 PM
Mayhem,
blowkisses.gif
thank you, thank you, thank you for the Anagram Solver!!!  I have been using another browser "shrunk down" beside the game I am playing. I will use this program (app) every day because I don't just play word games on Pogo, but on other sites as well.  Thank you soooooo much.

cheerleading.gif Yea, Mayhem!  cheerleading.gif

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview