PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 12:53:06 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Algorithm that removes water from underwater images

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Very cool.  Much of the coral in the video already appears to be in trouble.  An environmental turnaround can't happen fast enough for me.

Stinkerbell

That's very cool. Maybe this will help people better realize how alive the coral reefs are and do a better job of protecting them.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 16, 2019, 06:17:08 AM
That's very cool. Maybe this will help people better realize how alive the coral reefs are and do a better job of protecting them.
I hope so.  Fervently.

Mayhem

We can thank global warming for this mess. We need more people like Elon Musk to help turn things around.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on November 17, 2019, 12:47:49 AM
We can thank global warming for this mess. We need more people like Elon Musk to help turn things around.
Yes, plus a general populace who is willing to sacrifice convenience for environmental success.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on November 17, 2019, 04:56:36 AM
Yes, plus a general populace who is willing to sacrifice convenience for environmental success.

Agreed! There are so many ways humans can help.  If everyone did just one something, I believe the benefit to the planet would be amazing. I'm a hardcore recycler. When we have family things at my house, I check the trash to make sure the grandkidlettes didn't toss out bottles or cans, and when I do find one I make such a stink about it. Recycling is one thing I can do within the walls of my home. Then once or twice a year I take the stuff and get cash back for it.

Mayhem

I've always recycled, but now our city is forcing everyone to do it.

Everyone here has received different bins for sorting trash. If you don't separate your stuff in to the proper containers (food waste, cardboard/paper, glass/metal) it won't get picked up. I prefer this new method as I no longer have to drive to the recycling depo.

Anything that can be returned for money I give to boy scouts / girl guides that come around twice a year.

Squid

Very nice!  I wish I had a food waste collection in my area.  I presume they are composting this for use in area parks, etc.  Great idea.

Mayhem

Yeah, they are doing this for a bunch of reasons. I'll have to find the booklet again for all the details.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview