PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 07:00:16 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

March 2020 Game Retirements

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Service Update: March 2020 Game Retirements

Java and Flash, two technologies that have powered Pogo games for many years, are being phased out across the internet. Support for Java has already been dropped from most web browsers, and Flash support will be discontinued by 2020. Pogo and EA have no control over this change in web technology.

Because of this, we are retiring the following older Flash-based games from Pogo in March 2020 :

Amazing Adventures
BATTLESHIP
BATTLESHIP: Naval Combat
Bejeweled 2 Slots
Bejeweled 3
Bejeweled Twist
Big City Adventure
Bingo Luau
BOGGLE Bash
Chess
CLUE Secrets & Spies
Connect 4
Dominoes
Everyone Wins Bingo
Hog Heaven Slots
Jungle Gin
Mahjong Escape
MONOPOLY
MONOPOLY Slots
MONOPOLY The World Edition
No Limit Texas Hold'em
Peggle Slots
Phlinx
Plants vs. Zombies
Pogo Bowl
Poppit! Sprint
Risk
SCRABBLE Sprint
Sherlock Holmes
Slingo Blast
Slingo Ricochet
Solitaire Gardens
Spades
Sushi Cat 2
Sweet Tooth 2
TRIVIAL PURSUIT Daily 20
Undiscovered World
Vaults of Atlantis Slots
Who Has The Biggest Brain
Yahtzee
YAHTZEE Party!
Zuma's Revenge
Zuma Slots

We know some of you will be disappointed. Due to changes in supported technology, it is simply not feasible for us to continue supporting these games. We know it's no fun to lose a favorite game, so we encourage you to explore the Pogo library. We have multiple games in each category – bingo, card, word, puzzle, etc. – offering similar gameplay.

Keep an eye on Badge Central – we'll be bringing back as many badges as we can for these games, discounted by 50%. Please note that in-game badges for games are not automatically rewarded. So, hidden object games you have episodes for will not have their in-game badges automatically rewarded if they are in-progress. Please complete them to ensure you get them.

We're continuing to update our most popular games to HTML5, providing improved graphics, performance and accessibility across devices and browsers. We've already released over two dozen new and updated titles, with more in the works. The future of games on Pogo is very bright!

Thank you for all your support and understanding.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

LittleFawn

People will be leaving Pogo for sure especially on retiring Pogo Bowl and a few others. This is really sad to see.

Squid

I can't help but think that Pogo will be losing many of its loyal supporters.  The last year or so has been so disappointing with all the losses.  There are about 1/2 a dozen games listed above that I really like.  I know they may bring some back in H-5 but progress on that front is slow and when they do bring something back, it's jigsaw puzzles and crazy cakes, two games I will probably never play.  Some old staples like Jungle Gin and Spades seem like they should always be a part of the lineup.  I think I'm very sad about this.  Is Pogo dying a slow death?

LittleFawn

All gaming sites out there are going to be facing the same problem. It is just not Pogo. I am thinking of Facebook for one. Practically all there games are flash and several other sites I play are mostly flash. Things are going to change whether people like it or not.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: LittleFawn on December 09, 2019, 01:06:17 PM
People will be leaving Pogo for sure especially on retiring Pogo Bowl and a few others. This is really sad to see.

Agreed! The tournament people loved Pogo Bowl. I was never a fan of that game, but Spades, Jungle Gin, Dominoes, CLUE, and a few others, are games I played even when there were no badges to be won.

Mayhem

I really hope they are planning to bring back a lot of these games in HTML5 format.

MsMissy

Shame on Pogo. they are taking too many games that lot of people like. Why the hidden objects games? They are quite poplar I believe, also Dominoes one of my favorites& Phlinx & a few others should not be taken out, but we cant do any thing about them.  sad.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: MsMissy on December 10, 2019, 08:32:09 AM
Shame on Pogo. they are taking too many games that lot of people like. Why the hidden objects games? They are quite poplar I believe, also Dominoes one of my favorites& Phlinx & a few others should not be taken out, but we cant do any thing about them.  sad.gif

Pogo's hands are tied on this one. They are being forced to remove the games, as web browsers will no longer be supporting Flash in January 2020.

MsMissy

Mayhem, so many games that people liked is so sad that they will be gone. Pogo already removed other games already that everyone liked. I miss some of them , as  well im sure others do.  bad mood.gif

Mayhem

I know, but we can hope a lot of the favorites will be brought back in the new HTML5 format.

Stinkerbell

I wonder, since Pogo Bowl is a one-of-a-kind game on Pogo, if they'll revamp it and bring it back.

snowflower

Me too, I like the older games and I see we're losing quite a few of them .. so disappointing!

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 31, 2019, 12:48:02 PM
I wonder, since Pogo Bowl is a one-of-a-kind game on Pogo, if they'll revamp it and bring it back.

I hope so!

LittleFawn

I have a feeling Pogo is working on more games then we think. They already have an idea in which games people will play.

Squid

Mayhem

Quote from: LittleFawn on January 01, 2020, 12:45:41 AM
I have a feeling Pogo is working on more games then we think. They already have an idea in which games people will play.

I think you're right. I'm sure Pogo has seen a decent drop in subscriptions and will do what they can to bring back all the popular games.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: LittleFawn on January 01, 2020, 12:45:41 AM

I don't really think the Pogo site is geared towards the younger crowd, though that seems to be changing. They need to bring back the "classics" to encourage both demographics to subscribe.

Mayhem

Mayhem

Pogo has added some more information about the March game retirements.

Java and Flash, two technologies that have powered Pogo games for many years, are being phased out across the internet. Support for Java has already been dropped from most web browsers, and Flash support will be discontinued by 2020. Pogo and EA have no control over this change in web technology.

Because of this, we are retiring the following older Flash-based games from Pogo in March 2020.

- Canasta  (This Flash game will retire on March 10, 2020 and will be transferred to HD in 2020)
- Spades (This Flash game will retire on March 10, 2020 and will be transferred to HD in 2020)

Starting February 11th, purchasing of power-ups, episodes and in-game currency will be disabled in all Flash-based games. Please finish any incomplete episodes and use up any power-ups or in-game currency before March 10th, when the games are no longer available.

MsMissy

I totally agree, bring back the older games.