PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 03:44:33 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Future Updates on Pogo

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Hello Pogo Community,

Thank you all so much for your feedback regarding Pogo and Early Access. We appreciate how passionate you are about Pogo and love you being a part of this community!

The Pogo team and I understand you are upset due to some of your favorite Pogo features and Flash games retiring. This decision was made as Java and Flash are being phased out across the Internet. While the retirement date of Flash is stated to deprecate by the end of 2020, please understand that the makers of Flash, Adobe, are retiring features within Flash prior to that. These features may be needed to play Pogo games. The Pogo team is working overtime to transfer over player-favorite Flash and Java games before this happens. This also means they need resources to do so and supporting Java and Flash games is not conducive to that.

We'd like to address a number of your concerns:

Minis: We've heard your feedback and understand your love of Minis. We love them too! There are currently no plans to get rid of your Minis.

Games: More games are in development. The team and I are here listening and reading your game requests for potential future HTML5 transfer. We are releasing Jungle Gin in January 2020 and we are also working on porting over other fan favorites including Canasta, Spades, and Dice City Roller.

Tournaments: As stated previously, Tournaments will be retired on March 10, 2020. You will still be able to see all of your Tournament ribbons on Pogo Classic.

Badge Albums: As stated previously, Premium Badge Albums will be retiring in March 2020. All Badges and Badge Albums are still fully available on Pogo Classic while the team works to develop new features on the Early Access site. Badges are also found on Early Access under the My Rewards tab on My Profile. We're working hard to build a brand-new Pogo, complete with new ways to view and interact with your badge collection.

Chat: Chat is currently in development and on the way to Early Access and will be available in 2020 as part of our Phase 3 efforts.

Tokens: The new reward system is in development and on the way. We will have a preview for you in early 2020.

Thanks again for reaching out and sharing your feelings. We are here and listening to you all. Thank you for being a part of Pogo and we appreciate your support!
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Mayhem

So it seems that Canasta, Spades and Dice City Roller are the next games being converted over. I have no issues with that.

LittleFawn

Those are some favorites. I think it is good that they are trying to get the more popular games out.

Squid

The ones in development are some of my favorites.  This is good news.

Mayhem

It's been ages since I played Dice City Roller .. if I remember correctly, that game kept you fairly busy.

MsMissy

I myself don't mind canasta & roller dice.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on December 22, 2019, 12:53:47 AM
It's been ages since I played Dice City Roller .. if I remember correctly, that game kept you fairly busy.
Yes, but I liked it.  The roll was a matter of chance but the way you used the dice was up to you.

Mayhem

Oh, that's right! I did a Google search and found a video of it. I'm looking forward to seeing the new version.