This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Spades Badges

Started by RebelSean,

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelSean

As I am trying to finish as many yearly albums as possible before flash games go away, this week I've got to win 3-1000 point games in Spades. Can anyone please give me some tips to make this easier? I literally have tried learning the game and it just isn't a game I like playing but also don't want to miss out on all the badges.

Any helpful tips would be appreciated. I know how to double browse etc, but literally just played for 45 minutes attempting to win a game and only got the score up to 250 and at that pace will take me hours to win one game of 1000 points.

Stinkerbell

Hi, Rebel! Welcome to the group!

That's a tough badge to win. I'm not sure, but I THINK the badge will be awarded to you automatically when the game goes away. That's what EA/Pogo has been doing with all the other outstanding badges. 

Maybe someone else here will chime in.

Squid

If you don't want to take a chance on being auto-awarded the badge when the game goes away, you can always fill the table with friends who will throw the game for you! 

RebelSean

Quote from: Squid on January 02, 2020, 03:28:18 AM
If you don't want to take a chance on being auto-awarded the badge when the game goes away, you can always fill the table with friends who will throw the game for you!

I was under the impression the only badges that have ever been auto-awarded are in-progress personal challenges not completed or purchased Mix-n-Match badges? During the retirement of other games, weekly badges I had not won were not auto awarded.

Quote from: Squid on January 02, 2020, 03:28:18 AM

If I had 3 friends who were willing to do that for me, I would totally do that. However, I tried double browsing and playing with two, just scoring went extremely slow as I don't know truly how to play. Is there any suggestions on table settings to enable me to finish badges like this quicker? I have 8 total weekly badges left for Spades, all of which will complete 4 old yearly albums and I truly want to finish them before they go away.

Sunshine360

You can win this alone and fairly quickly, without the confusion of double browsing.  Make sure you have Fast Animations checked.  Use Advanced Options in your favor, this helps a lot to win hands.  Make "minimum team bid" and "minimum Nil team bid" both zero - you get a lot of points for winning a Nil bid.  Make "Minimum Blind team bid" an 8, and 200 the "Point deficit before team can bid Blind" - you want the bots to be down as much as possible before they bid blind, plus make it harder for them to win blind bids.  Allow the following bids:  Zero (not nil) - check this because sometimes you do want to bid zero and not nil, especially if your bot partner bids high.  In fact, I always bid 1 lower than I figure I can get, because the bot partner is always over confident.  Take off the check marks for penalizing overbooks, that works against you more than it helps.  Good luck!

S1lent

Greetings RebelSean and all you other PogoCheats,
The one is hard unless you have some help.  Well it is here.  I have two main accounts and two other accounts.  I'll set up the room (it helps not to pass one card).  Let me know a date and time (I'm mountain standard time).  I'll send you a message with my screen names.
S1lent, aka Ken #2, aka Kona, aka Mex, aka HappyCamper, aka PaPa,
Additionally, Pogo is making it easier to get Badges

RebelSean

Quote from: s1lentscream on January 02, 2020, 04:33:43 PM
Greetings RebelSean and all you other PogoCheats,
The one is hard unless you have some help.  Well it is here.  I have two main accounts and two other accounts.  I'll set up the room (it helps not to pass one card).  Let me know a date and time (I'm mountain standard time).  I'll send you a message with my screen names.
S1lent, aka Ken #2, aka Kona, aka Mex, aka HappyCamper, aka PaPa,
Additionally, Pogo is making it easier to get Badges

Thank you so much my friend, truly do appreciate the offer. Does next Wednesday sound good? As I was waiting for advice/someone to come along and offer some help, I activated other badges to go ahead and complete this week. I've got plenty left in Spades though and would truly appreciate the help. I live in central time.

S1lent

Hi,
I'll set up a table at 2PM your time on Wednesday 8 Jan 20.  If that time doesn't work, let me know

S1lent

I'm in Spades, advanced, Ernie

Humm,
No show...maybe some other timer

RebelSean

Quote from: s1lentscream on January 04, 2020, 04:00:00 PM
Hi,
I'll set up a table at 2PM your time on Wednesday 8 Jan 20.  If that time doesn't work, let me know

S1lent

I'm in Spades, advanced, Ernie

Humm,
No show...maybe some other timer

I'm on at different times every week depending on my work schedule. Let me know a good time for you, I'll leave this site open and check back often.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview