PlayBuddy
April 22, 2024, 07:25:21 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Whale Watchers Get a Big Surprise

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

I don't think that was a close call.  I think whales and dolphins can be very playful and he wanted to give them a big splash!  LOVE IT

snowflower

camera.gif
Viewed in rain gear, hip rubbers and snorkel - FANTASTIC VIDEO!!!

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on January 09, 2020, 04:58:41 AM
I don't think that was a close call.  I think whales and dolphins can be very playful and he wanted to give them a big splash!  LOVE IT

You're right, it wasn't that close of a call but I'm still surprised that these whales are so aware where everyone is. I never hear of any accidents of a whale landing on a boat.

Squid

I watched a NATURE program on PBS last night.  It was about whales that do exactly what is in that video.  They showed a humpback whale who breached on a kayak with two British tourists in it.  They were fine and they surmised that the kayak was directly over an underwater canyon where the whales' food tends to congregate.  Poor timing and dumb luck led to the accident.  BTW, the whale was fine, too. 

The show also ran video on how often whales actually get involved to help other species.  One whale pushed a scuba diver back to her boat because a shark was in the water and the diver was unaware. 

Nature is so cool.

snowflower

Being an animal lover and activist .. I love your post Squiddy. Thanks for posting this!!

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on January 10, 2020, 07:42:33 AM
The show also ran video on how often whales actually get involved to help other species.  One whale pushed a scuba diver back to her boat because a shark was in the water and the diver was unaware.

I also love the video of the beluga whale retrieving a dropped iPhone : https://www.pogocheats.net/forum/index.php/topic,49648.0.html

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview