PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 05:24:27 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

California - "shelter-in-place" mandated.

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

What are you guys allowed to do while in self quarantine?

Can you still go out for walks, etc?
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Yes, walks and outdoor workouts are allowed but we still have to maintain a safe distance from others.  They are saying that distance needs to be at least 6 feet and would be better at 10 feet (the distance the virus can stay airborne).  Everything is closed so mall walking, etc, is out of the question.  People can go to markets, doctors' offices, work - if necessary.

Mayhem

Ok, so that's pretty much identical to what's allow here.

I hope people actually follow the rules so we can get back to a normal life sooner than later.

snowflower

For Safety Reasons: I do online shopping for my groceries.

I order my groceries and sundries online from Superstore. it's almost like ordering from ebay or Amazon. They really do make it extra user friendly. First pick out a date and time slot when you'd like to pick up your order. Then register and setup your Acct., input your PW, name, address, email address, cell number and credit card (with options). Boom your acct. is good to go! Some supermarkets may be set up differently .. maybe not.

Click on Food, on the left you'll see different Categories. Example: click on Milk and Yogurt. Most all your familiar items are displayed in pictures, sizes and prices. Each selected item goes into the shopping cart, you can add more than one of that item that but also have the option of deleting that same item from your order if you change your mind. After you've chosen your all items from the selected Categories, click Continue. That takes you to Check Out. They display your entire order and your sales slip and even here you can make changes. Your credit card is not debited until you arrive to pick up your order. You open the trunk, they put your order in for you and you're on your way home without having to go in the store and accidently touch anything viral. There may be some substitutions but it's better than none. (All online stores might differ).

Now this is what we do. When we arrive home we drop all grocery bags in the entryway, fill the sink with cool water and 1/16 C Sunlight soap. We place refrigerated items, veggies, fruit and all in the sink and with rubber gloves gently wash them. Then run them through cool water till all soap is gone, dry and put away. The rest of the order is left in their bags in a separate part of the house or even a closet or corner will do for three days. After three days if any germs are on the food, they're dead. We leave our coat, shoes and outer clothing in a garbage bag and leave them with the food for three days as well for the same outcome. After three days discard all plastic bags in the trash.

Then we have a shower and wash our hair. If anyone thinks this is overkill, think about this. Wouldn't it be better to go the extra mile than meet face on with COVID-19 with no anti-virus to help? My compromised immune system would not survive this virus.

Some think it's too much trouble and that's OK, we're all entitled to our own opinions. But for those whose lives it may save, it was worth taking the time typing this.

Be careful and please ... Stay SAFE!   

Stinkerbell

I only go out when necessary, except to walk a little bit. My hubs got furloughed starting Monday - 2 weeks no pay, then back to work at 20 hours per week. He's been with that company.... 40 years in September.

There's nothing wrong with being cautious, Snowy!

I've been ordering through InstaCart. I signed up several months ago because I knew I'd be having a major surgery. That surgery got postponed but I had a different major surgery in Feb. Soooo glad I have InstaCart.  Especially when I need Costco stuff. They leave it on the porch then I bring it in, a couple items at a time. Plastic containers I wipe down with a little bleach and soapy water. Fruits and Veggies I wash before they go into the fridge. Boxed items I leave in the garage for a few days, or until I need them. 

Mayhem

I only go out once a week to do groceries. I haven't been able to do anything outside around the house, as the weather has been really crappy.

The weather is getting much better now, so hopefully I can get outside and do some stuff / sit on the balcony and feel normal for a few hours a day.

Squid

Thank you, Snowy.  These are austere times due to this virus, which should not be taken lightly.  Neither should it cause panic.  Be safe, peeps.

Stinkerbell

CORONAVIRUS CALIFORNIA

CA commissioner orders insurers to issue refunds to drivers amid coronavirus pandemic
California Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara ordered insurance companies to return premiums paid for at least March and April. It will extend through May if stay-at-home restrictions continue.

https://abc7.com/automotive/ca-orders-insurers-to-issue-refunds-to-drivers-amid-covid-19/6099787/?fbclid=IwAR1cCDCs2ph7Fh1qvq0QHU_sKf7Mm-pOBjcqvgQ-CZ5XuuF_q77_jEqCdNA

LittleFawn

My husband will get some kind of refund soon through Geico. We do not live in California. I think some of the auto insurance companies are already giving some of the premiums back to customers.

Squid

I'm getting 15% refund off 3 months worth of premiums.  Better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: LittleFawn on April 20, 2020, 01:10:11 AM
My husband will get some kind of refund soon through Geico. We do not live in California. I think some of the auto insurance companies are already giving some of the premiums back to customers.

They said State Farm and one other company had already decided to do something in regards to premiums.

Mayhem

You guys are lucky .. we are getting no such discounts here in Canada.

Well maybe the big companies are getting bailouts and interest free loans - but that's pretty much it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview