PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 05:55:37 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

COVID-19 Study

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

My health insurance company contacted me a couple days ago asking me if I would be willing to participate in a 10 week study. They're trying to better understand how the virus is spread and why some carriers become very ill and others don't. 

I agreed to participate and they'll be sending me an initial blood draw and nasal swab kit. Then, depending on what they see, they may ask me to continue the full 10 weeks study by testing weekly.  They said I'd get the anti-body test results within 10 minutes. I'm looking forward to finding out the results.

Has anyone else been asked to participate in a study like this?

Squid

No, I haven't.  My health insurance just wants to make sure I send them the premium.

I got the COVID test early this week.  I'm clean!  No cooties.

Mayhem

I have not heard of this. We can't get tested here unless we have symptoms.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Last week, they opened it up in my state.  You don't have to have symptoms and you don't have to have a prescription.  They take your insurance information but if your insurance doesn't pay, it's free.

Mayhem

The worst part of it is that they are not stating if anyone has tested positive in our community.

I'm assuming no news is good news ...

Squid

Mayhem

I only leave the house to go grocery shopping. I'm doing everything I can, I just wish others in this area would do the same ...

LittleFawn

I have not left my apartment since this whole thing started since I am at high risk due to me having asthma and my age is over 50. I just have not wanted to take the risk. My hubby only goes out to run errands.

Stinkerbell

The results of my week one test were negative. Week two is negative also.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go out. People are being such idiots about not wearing masks. I even saw a post on Facebook calling for a revolution if they try to enforce masks or lock us down again. I need to get off of Facebook. It's an online looney bin. That said, some days I fit right in!  blink.gif

Mayhem

The theaters are opening soon here .. I'd sure like to know how they plan to enforce all the social distancing guidelines for that one.

I personally won't go there until a vaccine is available. What bothers me the most about this whole mess is that I had 9 movies on my watch list for this year.

S1lent

Greetings,
Being from Idaho...I/we do not trust the government.  Until the 2016 elections, I thought all of the news was truthful...wow was I wrong.  Do you remember Jennifer Wilbanks the runaway bride (2005), what about "Balloon Boy" hoax (2009), how about Gary Adrian Condit (born April 21, 1948) is a former politician and a Democrat who represented parts of California's Central Valley in the House of Representatives from 1989 to 2003. He gained significant national attention for an extramarital affair with intern Chandra Levy, which was exposed after Levy's disappearance in May 2001 and Gary Hart and the Monkey Business.

Wow have I dated myself
Ken # 2 aka Silent

Stinkerbell

Quote from: s1lentscream on June 22, 2020, 06:18:25 PM
Greetings,
Being from Idaho...I/we do not trust the government.  Until the 2016 elections, I thought all of the news was truthful...wow was I wrong.  Do you remember Jennifer Wilbanks the runaway bride (2005), what about "Balloon Boy" hoax (2009), how about Gary Adrian Condit (born April 21, 1948) is a former politician and a Democrat who represented parts of California's Central Valley in the House of Representatives from 1989 to 2003. He gained significant national attention for an extramarital affair with intern Chandra Levy, which was exposed after Levy's disappearance in May 2001 and Gary Hart and the Monkey Business.

Wow have I dated myself
Ken # 2 aka Silent

Don't get me started.... too late!

I don't think the US invented the Corona Virus, but I am positive they started taking notes on the best way to "protect" us now, and when they need to "protect" us in the future. And by "protect" I also mean control.

100% I think the "shelter in place" and wearing of masks is vital to controlling this virus. Sadly, many people have had enough of that and are refusing to follow the guidelines. A few days ago there was even a post on FB being shared over and over calling for a revolution against the gov't for trying to take away our civil liberties and unalienable rights because they were closing down businesses and making us stay home and actually talk to our families.

Anyway....

I submitted weelk 3 of my tests. I'll know in a few days what the results are.

Mayhem

I'm hearing we are supposed to brace ourselves for a big second wave of infections after all the protests / riots.

LittleFawn

I live in Washington State and cases are going up here. We are now required to wear masks when we cannot maintain the six feet apart rule for outside and inside. The county I live in has seen an increase due to the fact that we are in phase 2 of reopening.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on June 26, 2020, 12:45:49 AM
I'm hearing we are supposed to brace ourselves for a big second wave of infections after all the protests / riots.

Gov. Nuisance, in his press conference, said that they're allowing the reopening of all businesses and they are aware that cases will rises, probably dramatically. Translation: Survival of the fittest.

That said, I'm planning a trip to Upstate New York soon. It's a necessary trip, but thankfully we will have a house to stay in and not have to stay in hotels. I'm worried about air travel though. There have been lots of reports of lunacy on planes... people refusing to wear a mask... and I don't want to be around anyone crazier than me!  cheerleading.gif

Stinkerbell

Oh, and week 3 COVID 19 tests came back negatory!

Mayhem

I don't think too many people are flying right now, are they? I've seen a few YouTube videos of people literally having a plane all to themselves.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on June 27, 2020, 12:41:42 AM
I don't think too many people are flying right now, are they? I've seen a few YouTube videos of people literally having a plane all to themselves.
That happened to me once.  I was on a 777 with the seat configuration of 2-5-2.  There were about 10 people on the flight.  I lifted the arms of the center section and was lying down during the flight.  The flight crew was great to us... whatever we wanted.

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on June 27, 2020, 04:08:05 AM
That happened to me once.  I was on a 777 with the seat configuration of 2-5-2.  There were about 10 people on the flight.  I lifted the arms of the center section and was lying down during the flight.  The flight crew was great to us... whatever we wanted.

That must have been nice!

Stinkerbell

Weeks 4, 5, and 6 tests have all come back negative for the plague!  tumbsup.gif

The trip to NY had to be cancelled. My friend and I had booked our flights (got a great rate) but because the trip was going to include a lot of driving, I decided I better get my prescription sunglasses filled (renewed?). So, I headed to the eye doc and once I had placed the order I asked the gal if they'd be in before Tuesday because my flight to NY left on Wednesday. She asked me what I was going to do once I got there and had to be quarantined for 2 weeks, so I quickly informed her that California wasn't one of "those" states, and which point she said, "Oh, yes it is! As of 3 hours ago!" I called my friend, gave her the bad news, so she jumped online and canceled the reservations.

She thinks we'll still make it back this year, but I'm not so sure.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview