This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bejeweled Stars

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

The original match-3 game is returning to Pogo in glorious fashion with Bejeweled Stars on July 28th!

Get ready to soar through the clouds and hop across floating islands as you play through hundreds of over-the-top puzzles. Master wondrous powers like Hammer and Blazing Steed in the wildest Bejeweled game yet.

https://www.pogo.com/games/bejeweled-stars/
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

I'm tired of match 3 games.  If peeps like it, I'm glad for them.

LittleFawn

I like these kind of games but I can also see why people are tired of them. I find them challenging.

Stinkerbell

Oh sure. 3 of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. But, being 2020 and nothing going the way we expect,
they tossed their riders and the 4th horse and rider are headed to Costco for toilet paper!!

Mayhem

I'm a little surprised to see this game released first. I expected to see Dice City Roller HD .. hopefully that won't be too long from now.

MsMissy

Mayhem

Mayhem

Squid

It's ok.  The daily challenge is just about impossible.

S1lent

Greeting Squid and all you other PogoCheats,
Squid is so right...the daily challenge is impossible without using power-ups.  So, I spend coins to win the daily challenge to win coins.  For me I am not going to play the daily challenge for Bejeweled Stars.  Please convince me to add it to my routine.

Thanks
S1lent

Stinkerbell

Hopefully the daily will change and become more winnable.

Mayhem

I know right! There must be a trick to it ...

Stinkerbell

So I've been able to beat the daily challenge twice. The trick is to focus on making the special jewels... flame, star, etc, because those are the only way to break the blocks. I just keep creating them and then when they "float" to a good place, I detonate them.  Also, because the board is always floating, eventually the special stars will float into just the right position and will detonate themselves, clearing blocks with fewer manual moves needed.

Also, remember that you can match/combine 2 special jewels even if they are not of the same color.  My FAVORITE special jewel is the round one. I can't remember what it's called. But when you activate that one by selecting a certain colored jewel, it turns all of those colored jewels into the hyper cubes. And if  you match 2 hypercubes it clears the entire board and GAME WON in a flash!

I'm actually enjoying this game. I like the graphics and the music.

LittleFawn

I beat today's challenge by only using one power up because I could not get the last stone to break. I was lucky in that I got to break a lot of stones in the beginning but Stinkerbell is right you definitely need those special jewels to help you out.

Stinkerbell

I'm actually addicted and have played several games. 20-30, maybe. I've lost only 5. No power ups. I just create the special gems and let them sit there until they detonate themselves by lining up. I only detonate them myself if I have no options to make more special stones. It's fun!

S1lent

Hey Bell and all you other PogoCheats addicted to this game.
And we continue to receive coins.  Now I can buy lots of power-ups.
S1lent

Stinkerbell

Silent, what is that gold heart on the far left, upper corner, for? It has the infinity symbol

S1lent

Greetings,
I'll have to do some more checking.  I clicked on it nothing.  Additionally, my dummy account without many coins has the same identical symbol.

Now, I have something to do while being "hunkered down"...BTW...my wife and I have been hunkered down since April 2005...The day I retired from the military.

More to come
S1lent

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview