Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bejeweled Stars

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

Greetings,
For those of us doing the Daily Challenge...Good Luck.  Got mine done with lots of luck and had to use the "Hammer" on one block.
Darn now left with just a few coins. OK I lied.
S1lent

Stinkerbell

Quote from: s1lentscream on August 02, 2020, 08:33:58 AM
Greetings,
For those of us doing the Daily Challenge...Good Luck.  Got mine done with lots of luck and had to use the "Hammer" on one block.
Darn now left with just a few coins. OK I lied.
S1lent

Glad you got it! I gave up. Do you buy power ups with coins? I thought I saw you had to use gems.

Stinkerbell

Today I beat the daily (no power ups) because I learned that matching a hypercube with a colored star gem turns all the gems of that color into star gems and when you match 2, they practically blow up the board. It's actually pretty spectacular to watch.

So experiment matching hypercubes with the star or flame gems. This will surely come in handy during regular game play and challenges.

A GREAT level to experiment on is Level 2. Follow s1lent's directions on making 2 hypercubes but instead of matching them, try making star gems and flame gems to match with the hypercubes.

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on August 02, 2020, 11:47:57 AM
Today I beat the daily (no power ups) because I learned that matching a hypercube with a colored star gem turns all the gems of that color into star gems and when you match 2, they practically blow up the board. It's actually pretty spectacular to watch.

Try making star gems and flame gems to match with the hypercubes.

Thanks, that works great! I won the daily challenge on my first try doing just that - no power-ups either. It's fun to see the whole board blow up at once.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on August 02, 2020, 12:45:45 PM
Thanks, that works great! I won the daily challenge on my first try doing just that - no power-ups either. It's fun to see the whole board blow up at once.

I'm so glad it helped! This is going to come in handy on so many challenges, I think.

LittleFawn

It also comes in handy for the harder boards.

Mayhem

I don't mind this game so much anymore. It wasn't much fun when the daily challenges felt "unwinnable" without power-ups.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on August 03, 2020, 01:08:33 AM
I don't mind this game so much anymore. It wasn't much fun when the daily challenges felt "unwinnable" without power-ups.

Agreed! I'm kind of addicted, in fact. Those little tips, knowing to match hypercubes with star and flame gems, and with each other, will make winning most challenges much easier. Also, playing level 2 like s1lent suggested helps with ranking up.

ETA:  Even if you do have to use a power up, they can be purchased using coins you won while playing the game.  No gem purchase necessary!

Stinkerbell

I got today's daily by matching a hypercube with a star gem, then matching 2 star gems. Boom! I did it a couple of times, actually. The first game took several moves but the second game was over in 2 moves.

LittleFawn

Does anyone know how many badges you can earn in this game? I was just curious.

Mayhem

Quote from: LittleFawn on August 03, 2020, 09:14:03 AM
Does anyone know how many badges you can earn in this game? I was just curious.

This game has 100 ranks and 10 rank badges, plus 35 in-game achievement badges.

Squid

I got the mega cube formation today.  Super 'splosion!

Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

So, today when playing, a couple of times a bull appeared on the game screen. On one of the Pogo announcements about the game there were 3 horses on the game screen. How do you get them to appear?

LittleFawn

Maybe when you use the magnet. Horses go on the bottom to give you the power up .

Stinkerbell

Quote from: LittleFawn on August 03, 2020, 02:09:08 PM
Maybe when you use the magnet. Horses go on the bottom to give you the power up .

Oh, okay! I didn't use power ups for the bull, though.  I wonder why that appeared.

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on August 03, 2020, 07:17:56 AM
Also, playing level 2 like s1lent suggested helps with ranking up.

Sorry, I missed your post! How do you change levels? I don't see it anywhere.

Mayhem

Should we add this to the tips & tricks section? It might come in handy during challenge time.

Flame Gem: Match 4 Gems in a line or a square.
Flame gems explode when matched, destroying themselves along with all eight surrounding gems.

Star Gem: Match 5 Gems in a T or L shape.
When matched, Star gems destroy all gems along vertical and horizontal lines from their own position.

Hypercube: Match 5 Gems in a row.
You can match Hypercubes to any adjacent gem regardless of color to destroy all gems of that color on the board. This is a great way to detonate other Special Gems or collect SkyGems that are not near any sets of their own color.

Dark Hypercube: Match 6 or more Gems in a row.
When you swap a Dark Hypercube, it changes all of the Gems of the swapped color to Hypercubes.

Stinkerbell

Thanks, Mayhem. I added that. Is there a way to link directly to s1lent's post showing the screen shots of level 2. That level is great for so many things, including faster ranking.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview