This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Buzzing Noise While Playing Pogo or Watching YouTube

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Every now and then the screen on my laptopnwill 'jump' and there's an electrical sounding buzzing noise that lasts just a second or two. Not sure what's causing it. When it happened on my desktop a couple  years ago, the screen would freeze up. That's not happening now, just the bzzzzzz sound.  Ideas?

The desktop was an HP and the laptop is a Dell.

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

Mayhem

Wow .. it seems like a lot of people are having this issue.

Another person solved their issue by going in to BIOS and disabling "Turbo Boost".

Mayhem

Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

Quote from: LittleFawn on July 31, 2020, 11:46:18 PM
It means how fast your processor goes.

Thanks!

In that post they say it's a normal part of the computer's function, entering C3, and the noise is normal too. I don't think that's right because I've had this laptop about 4 years and it just started a month ago or so. Also, the screen flickers which only happens with the buzzing sound. On the desktop when it happened the screen would freeze and reboot was needed. That's not normal either.

Mayhem

Yeah, that's really strange and the first I've heard of this.

Lots of people are complaining on the Dell forums, but no real solutions so far.  sad.gif

S1lent

Greetings,
Been waiting to comment.  Never found a good solution...sorry.

Let me tell you about my 3 PCs.  Dell 2016, HP 2017 and HP 2018...all are middle of the road from Costco.  Both HPs have trouble with Overheating...replaced the Fan on one and reapplied the "Artic Silver" Thermal Compound...no help.  So the Better one is still the Dell.

Just my dumb Idaho opinion.
Good luck
S1lent

Stinkerbell

Thanks for trying. It still does it. Some describe it as high pitched, but it's more like a zapping noise. Hard to describe.

Mayhem

I don't have a laptop anymore (all I need now is my iPhone / Desktop computer), but the best I ever laptop I ever owned was the IBM Thinkpad.

I believe they're discontinued now, but they were a true workhorse. No issues with them whatsoever. I still have my first IBM Thinkpad (Pentium III 1ghz CPU) with Windows XP on it and it runs just fine.

C~M

Quote from: Mayhem on August 17, 2020, 01:04:01 AM
I don't have a laptop anymore (all I need now is my iPhone / Desktop computer), but the best I ever laptop I ever owned was the IBM Thinkpad.

I believe they're discontinued now, but they were a true workhorse. No issues with them whatsoever. I still have my first IBM Thinkpad (Pentium III 1ghz CPU) with Windows XP on it and it runs just fine.

https://www.ebay.com/b/vintage-ibm-thinkpad/bn_7024934468

Mayhem

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview