This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo History - Looking Back at 21 Years

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

I'm interested to see the new Pogo Mini Golf game. That should be out soon ...
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on September 13, 2020, 12:43:26 AM
I'm interested to see the new Pogo Mini Golf game. That should be out soon ...

Was there an old Pogo Mini Golf? If so, I don't remember at all. 

Squid

I remember the Golf game ... it was Golf Solitaire.  I remember the pool/billiards game.  Don't remember mini golf

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on September 13, 2020, 07:22:52 AM
I remember the Golf game ... it was Golf Solitaire.  I remember the pool/billiards game.  Don't remember mini golf

I remembered Golf Solitaire and the pool game, also. I remember playing a mini golf game back on my Apple computer when my oldest daughter was 10ish years old.... that one was fun. You could design your own golf course and you could design your own obstacles.  We made a giant shrub to look like our miniature american eskimo, Misty. The name of that course was Misty Meadows. The technology wasn't what it is today and she looked more like a misshapen lego cloud. Sheesh, the things we remember...

Mayhem

Oh right, it wasn't mini golf ... it was regular golf game (Pebble Beach Golf).

Squid

snowflower

Mayhem

I was pretty good at the game too! The new mini golf should be interesting.

MsMissy

oh my, so pogo has anther new game coming out soon?  Pogo mini golf, sounds good.

Mayhem

Yes! I'm hoping it'll be released soon ...

S1lent

Greetings,
Remember when the "New Pogo Experience" replaced the "Classic Pogo Experience"?  Most of us wanted things left alone.  Electronic Arts' purchase of Pogo has turned out to be a big upgrade.  Players love chasing those Pogis and getting "free" Gems.  Some of their games are HORRIBLE...Quinn's and Snowbird.  Here is a history of Pogo...I joined 16 years ago...lots of you are several years longer.
S1lent
Pogo.com (stylized as pogo) is a free online gaming website that offers over 50 casual games from brands like Hasbro and PopCap Games. It offers a variety of card and board games to puzzle, sports and word games. It is owned by Electronic Arts and is based in Redwood Shores, California.

The website is free due to advertising sponsorships but during a game, it produces commercials that can last up to 20 seconds. Players are strongly encouraged to sign up for Club Pogo, a subscription service. The enticement to do so is the offer of premium benefits and the omission of the advertisements that would otherwise interrupt the games. Games are played in a browser with the Java-plugin and more recently HTML5. Games load in a "room" allowing other players to join and chat.

Players can win tokens from playing the games on Pogo.com. Players can place bets of tokens on some games, such as Texas hold 'em poker and High Stakes poker. Cash (in the form of pre-paid credit cards) and merchandise prizes are available to U.S. and Canadian residents, excluding Quebec.[1]

Pogo also offers downloadable games, often "deluxe" or "to go" versions of already-released games, which can be bought and played while offline. Some of these downloadable games include chat and tokens, similar to the original games. Since 2006, Pogo.com has consistently been a top-10 Internet site for U.S. visitors when measured by time spent online.

Squid

Quote from: s1lentscream on March 04, 2022, 06:14:04 PM
Since 2006, Pogo.com has consistently been a top-10 Internet site for U.S. visitors when measured by time spent online.
shocked.gif Wow!

Mayhem

Yeah, that's because whether you or a bot is playing the game, that counts as time spent online.