This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

California Fires

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

snowflower

My heart goes out to all those affected, it must be so heartbreaking! I could just cry.
angel19.gif
But instead I'll send my prayers in the place of each teardrop of mine and theirs!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: snowflower on September 14, 2020, 10:18:37 AM
My heart goes out to all those affected, it must be so heartbreaking! I could just cry.
angel19.gif
But instead I'll send my prayers in the place of each teardrop of mine and theirs!

Beautiful sentiment, friend! I am sure they need all the prayers they can get, and will appreciate everyone of them.

Mayhem

The smoke is so bad now it looks post apocalyptic outside.  panic button.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on September 14, 2020, 12:51:18 AM
This area just got smoke from these fires the first time this year. It's pretty bad ...

Last count there are 95 fires burning the west coast. It's been more than a week that we've had hazy skies and ash falling. I saw a satellite image that really showed the smoke... it looked like the entire west coast was gone. So weird.

Mayhem

The weather advisory was updated a few hours ago and looks like this area will be dealing with heavy smoke until Saturday now ...

I really hope they can get it under control soon.

Squid

Flooding is now occurring in the south and southeast.  Wouldn't it be great if we could direct all that rain over to the west?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on September 16, 2020, 04:30:01 AM
Flooding is now occurring in the south and southeast.  Wouldn't it be great if we could direct all that rain over to the west?

If only it were that simple. Because so many of these fires are taking place in the mountains, too much rain will cause flooding and mudslides here.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on September 16, 2020, 08:51:04 AM
If only it were that simple. Because so many of these fires are taking place in the mountains, too much rain will cause flooding and mudslides here.
Ok, then we'll dole it out in measured amounts to prevent that, squelch the fires, enough to have new growth and fill the reservoirs.  It will rain every night in the needed amount from 2 am to 5 am.

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on September 16, 2020, 04:30:01 AM

That would be nice! If the smoke continues, I'll have to run my a/c in attempt to filter some of it out.

Mayhem

I'm happy to say the smoke completely went away 2 days ago.

With that said, the clouds have rolled in and now going to get rain day/night for a week straight. I'll take that over smoke any day though...

Squid

Glad your air is clear.  The rain will clean the air and give everything a nice soak.

Mayhem

Yeah, I'm pretty sure any threat of local fires will be gone after this week. It's rained pretty hard a few times already.

snowflower

I'm really happy to hear the fires are out and the air is clearing up!  cheerleading.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview