This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

My father-in-law

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

I'd appreciate some prayers or positive thoughts for my father in law. He's not doing well. George is 91 years old and he's been in a memory care community for the past 9ish months. He's been steadily declining, but he's been truly happy. He fell a few days ago and hasn't really been himself, since. The home called and let us all go see him yesterday, and while I do believe he could hear us and knew we were there, there was very little response. Please send prayers or positive thoughts and vibes, whatever you believe in, that he will be comfortable and that when its his time to leave us, his passing will be peaceful and painless.

Thank you.

Squid

I'm very sorry to hear this, Stinkerbell.  I hope George is comfortable and that, optimally, he rallies.  He and the family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on September 22, 2020, 09:11:32 AM
I'm very sorry to hear this, Stinkerbell.  I hope George is comfortable and that, optimally, he rallies.  He and the family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, Inky. It's been very rough.

snowflower

Prayers for Uncle George
angel19.gif
This is a bad time for all of you, including Uncle George and I can only imagine what this whole family is going through.
My prayers are with your Uncle George and positive thoughts and vibes are on the way as we speak. He looks and
sounds like a real sweetheart.. a wonderful testimonial to you and yours!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: snowflower on September 23, 2020, 11:41:44 AM
Prayers for Uncle George
angel19.gif
This is a bad time for all of you, including Uncle George and I can only imagine what this whole family is going through.
My prayers are with your Uncle George and positive thoughts and vibes are on the way as we speak. He looks and
sounds like a real sweetheart.. a wonderful testimonial to you and yours!

Thank you, snowy! He's still unresponsive - mostly. I go see him in the mornings and sit with him. I've called his sister, cousin, sister in law, and wife, and put the phone to George's ear so they can talk to him, even though he can't respond. By his slight movements I know he can hear them.

snowflower

Quote from: Stinkerbell on September 25, 2020, 08:07:25 AM
Thank you, snowy! He's still unresponsive - mostly. I go see him in the mornings and sit with him. I've called his sister, cousin, sister in law, and wife, and put the phone to George's ear so they can talk to him, even though he can't respond. By his slight movements I know he can hear them.
Bless your heart, I know this must be so difficult, not just for you but the entire family. My prayers are still with your uncle, please keep us posted..?

Stinkerbell

George passed on Friday, 9/22. We miss him so much.

catfancie

You and your family have my deepest condolences on the passing of your father in law. 

snowflower

Quote from: Stinkerbell on September 27, 2020, 11:45:50 AM
George passed on Friday, 9/22. We miss him so much.

Oh bless your heart, may Uncle George RIP.  Stinky I lost my 17 yr old son 35 yrs ago, I try to remember the good times and the great memories, this helps me get through. And remember, he's in a much better place now and he'd not like to see you sad. There's no tears in Heaven, now how nice is that. Thanks for keeping us posted, we all care and that's what makes this forum the great site it is!

Squid

I'm very sorry for your loss, Stinky.  Please pass our condolences on to the family.  RIP, George!

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview