Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

We have come a long way

Started by S1lent,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

Greetings,
Let me take a little trip down memory lane...before I lose my mind (hopefully not).
Remember when we had dial-up service...I was so happy to get connected at 9,600 kBits/s. 
Remember when we had to clean the mouse ball.  I dropped mine while playing a Yahoo game of checkers...our cat "Blondie" grabbed it and went under the bed.  Yes, I lost the game.
First computer was a 286 something or another with 5 1/4 diskettes. 
WOW...don't know how many computers I've purchased since 1986.
Remember when we had 17" TVs and 3 channels...said I would NEVER pay for TV...my CableOne bill is $287 a month.
Last one...for you old timers...remember when we had to adjust the "Points" on our car.  Don't think they have them anymore. 
OK...for my wife...On her VW Bug...she would add oil when the "add oil light" would come on.

As you can tell...all caught up.
S1lent

Mayhem

I remember having a 1200 baud modem and I ran a BBS with it. Oh, and upgrading to 14.4k modem - that was a game changer.

Also, I never had to pay for internet for a long time as I kept getting those AOL 30 day free trial disks in the mail.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Too funny.  I guess I was a little late to the party.  My first computer was in 1997 and it ran Windows 98.  I don't remember the specs.

S1lent

Hey Squid and all you other PogoCheats.
So you do not remember all of the MS DOS versions.  About 20 of them starting at 1.0 going thru at least 7.0. A big deal was "Double-Space" which doubled the size of your hard disc drive.
My wife was so happy...she could visit the Library without starting up her VW Bug.
S1lent

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on September 27, 2020, 06:46:34 AM
Too funny.  I guess I was a little late to the party.  My first computer was in 1997 and it ran Windows 98.  I don't remember the specs.

Dad got us our first computer when I was 7 or 8. I never really got in to them (expect for playing games) until shortly after the internet was created.

Quote from: s1lentscream on September 27, 2020, 08:46:09 AM
Hey Squid and all you other PogoCheats.
So you do not remember all of the MS DOS versions.  About 20 of them starting at 1.0 going thru at least 7.0. A big deal was "Double-Space" which doubled the size of your hard disc drive.
My wife was so happy...she could visit the Library without starting up her VW Bug.
S1lent

I do remember MS DOS!
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview