This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Sean Connery, Oscar Winner and James Bond Star, Dies at 90

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Sean Connery, the Scottish-born actor who rocketed to fame as James Bond and became one of the franchise's most popular and enduring international stars, has died. He was 90.

Connery, long regarded as one of the best actors to have portrayed the iconic spy, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2000 and marked his 90th birthday in August. His death was confirmed by his family, who said that the actor "died peacefully in his sleep surrounded by family" in the Bahamas. It's believed he had been unwell for some time. His last acting role had been in Stephen Norrington's "The League of Extraordinary Gentleman" (2003).

https://variety.com/2020/film/actors/sean-connery-dies-oscar-winner-and-james-bond-star-dead-at-90-1234820498/

Squid

I hope he rests in peace but ever since the Barbara Walters interview, I haven't been able to warm up to him.  I have great difficulty watching and enjoying his movies.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on October 31, 2020, 11:13:52 AM
I hope he rests in peace but ever since the Barbara Walters interview, I haven't been able to warm up to him.  I have great difficulty watching and enjoying his movies.

Oooh, I never saw that interview. To be honest, my favorite Connery roles were the Celebrity Jeopardy on SNL and that wasn't even really him. LOL!  But I thought he was the hottest elderly man on the planet. Not too attracted to the James Bond Connery.

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on October 31, 2020, 11:13:52 AM

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw it. I thought they were doing some dumb skit or something.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview