This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

All Buddies Problem

Started by raine56,

Previous topic - Next topic

raine56

I have the buudy app installed on two computers.  They were both working fine yesterday.  This morning after restarting both comps, each individual buddy requires the serial code to be entered.  Not Just once but every single time I open a buddy on both comps.  I am wondering if this is happening to anyone else?  Thought I would check before sending bug report.

Squid

I went to my buddy and tried to start an auto, which immediately came up.  Maybe you need to uninstall and reinstall?

raine56

Squid

raine56

It didn't work still wants serial number on every single Buddy I open.  I also deleted all the individual buddies.  I have to say there were a huge amount installed on my comp that don't get used any more.  Who remembers Findo, Space Hunt, Sparks, ALL the slot games and about 50 others LOL.  I tossed them all.  I put in the serial number and it registers.  I close the buddy and reopened it and it wants the serial number again. Lucky me lol.  I will have to put in a bug report. 

Squid

Mayhem

Quote from: raine56 on December 11, 2020, 03:16:13 PM
I put in the serial number and it registers.  I close the buddy and reopened it and it wants the serial number again. Lucky me lol.  I will have to put in a bug report.

That is really odd! I'm not sure I've heard of that happening before. Let us know what they say!
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

raine56

I think I figured it out.  My subscription runs out today.  It is now telling my my license key has expired.  Thing is I am on 12 month auto renewal so shouldn't it have automatically renewed?  I have checked my card and no payment has come out.  The notice says the subscription is for 12 months and how the payment will show up on my card.  But Playbuddy hasn't taken any payment.

LittleFawn

I would check with them to make sure it will renew. The only way it cannot be renewed is if you cancel it yourself.

raine56

I sent a further bug report updating the earlier one.  I wish there was a way to just talk to them by email but I can't find an address on their site.  They haven't gotten back re first report yet.

Squid

I think Support@Playbuddy.com is an email address.  Make sure they resume charging at the right price!  Good luck, Raine

Mayhem

Quote from: raine56 on December 12, 2020, 01:08:23 AM
They haven't gotten back re first report yet.

I believe they take the weekends off, so you probably won't hear back from them until Monday.

C~M

Yes, mine has done that before they expire. I think they only offer monthly subscriptions now as well.

The only yearly are for an individual buddy I believe.

Mayhem

Yeah, I don't see any yearly options for all buddies either.

snowflower

I ran into something similar like that too. Not realizing my error, I had inadvertently ordered the news subscription instead of the buddys. With no buddys to work with I had no idea why I was being charged a dollar more but not a buddy to be found, lol. Finally I sent in a ticket and then found a way into their site. There's a place in there to get in touch with them as well. They weren't long getting back to me and were the ones who figured out that Snowy must've had a meltdown the day she put the order in, lol. I hope you get it straightened out, good luck with it.

Mayhem

Quote from: snowflower on December 23, 2020, 11:48:42 AM
Not realizing my error, I had inadvertently ordered the news subscription instead of the buddys.

Which news subscription are you referring too?

snowflower

Quote from: Mayhem on December 26, 2020, 12:48:50 AM
Which news subscription are you referring too?
It's a different subscription than just the buddy's, I'm probably not naming it correctly. But I'd ordered something else they had at the time. They straightened it out for me, refunded my money, I got my Buddy's and it all turned out fine.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview