PlayBuddy
April 16, 2024, 12:34:16 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Sweet Tooth Town : Create 100 Sugar Swirls this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Correctly place 450 cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Weekly Challenges for May 12th - 18th, 2021

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Pogo Weekly Challenges for May 12th – 18th, 2021

Trizzle
Match 1500 yellow dolls!

Spades
Win 21 nil bids!

Get the PlayBuddy Autos here:  http://www.playbuddy.com/

Squid

Thanks for the info.  Trizzle is going to take some time.  I LOVE the Spades challenge.  I love going nil!

snowflower

Quote from: Squid on May 05, 2021, 06:50:19 PM
Thanks for the info.  Trizzle is going to take some time.  I LOVE the Spades challenge.  I love going nil!
Love Spades and NIL is my favorite bid. Enjoy everyone!!

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

You're welcome.  Trizzle is one I love to play so I'll likely play by hand, but the auto rocks this game, do that's an option.

Mayhem

Squid

For 21 nil bids (which the auto does not bid), it might take some time for the inexperienced player.  Just keep bidding nil for every hand and hope for the best.  The nice thing about making a private table and only playing against bots is that the bots don't seem to try to thwart your nil bid.  It then becomes a numbers game (how many high cards and spades do you have?). 

Another option:  play with people you know who will accommodate your nil bids.  This can be very fast if everyone understands how to play the cards.

Stinkerbell

Depends. What I will do is the very first hand I will way  over a bid my hand and then lose it so that my options will come up to make a nil bid. I'll just keep doing that as long as possible.

snowflower

Spades my favorite game and I play it by hand, anyone needing help with this one just PM me.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 08, 2021, 06:21:06 AM
Depends. What I will do is the very first hand I will way  over a bid my hand and then lose it so that my options will come up to make a nil bid. I'll just keep doing that as long as possible.
As long as your settings allow it, you can bid nil every hand, not just when there are big score discrepancies.

Mayhem

Ok, thank you. I'll try a private table against bots and see what happens.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on May 08, 2021, 08:33:23 AM
As long as your settings allow it, you can bid nil every hand, not just when there are big score discrepancies.

I will have to look at that. I haven't seen it.

Edited: Not seeing a special setting for that. What am I missing?

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 09, 2021, 06:30:16 AM
I will have to look at that. I haven't seen it.

Edited: Not seeing a special setting for that. What am I missing?
Host game >> Advanced settings >> Choose "0" for Minimum Nil Team Bid

Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

I was getting all nil bids until the other team bid blind nil. I guess that's the only time you don't get the choice.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 09, 2021, 11:55:24 AM
I was getting all nil bids until the other team bid blind nil. I guess that's the only time you don't get the choice.
You must have had a big score discrepancy.  I guess both teams can't bid nil at the same time.  Kind of makes sense.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview