This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Talking to a dog about favorite foods

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Mayhem

I never liked them. When I was a kid, I remember crying at the dinner table because I didn't want to eat them. I might try them now if they're drowned in butter and bacon bits ...

snowflower

Quote from: Mayhem on July 31, 2021, 12:51:09 AM
I never liked them. When I was a kid, I remember crying at the dinner table because I didn't want to eat them. I might try them now if they're drowned in butter and bacon bits ...
I find them strong and bitter, don't feel bad.. I went through the same thing. Even today, I still can't eat them, lol.

Squid

OMG, cut in half, roasted cut side down, drizzled with lemon and olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.  YUMMO!

snowflower

Quote from: Squid on July 31, 2021, 02:41:50 PM
OMG, cut in half, roasted cut side down, drizzled with lemon and olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.  YUMMO!
Hmm, sounds palatable ... might try that.

snowflower

Quote from: snowflower on July 31, 2021, 06:34:08 PM
Hmm, sounds palatable ... might try that.
Now I'll need the oven temp and time roasted plez.  huh.gif

Squid

This is a good, general recipe.  The parmesan shreds are deeelish, too.  I like a bit of lemon on them for some acid and tartness.  I hope you like them.  The cut side of the brussel sprout should be golden brown.

ngredients

1 1/2 lbs brussel sprouts (trimmed & halved)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Instructions
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Very lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
In a bowl, combine brussel sprouts (that have been halved and ends trimmed) with the remaining ingredients. Toss together to coat all the brussel sprouts.
Spread onto the cookie sheet making sure they are not touching.
Cook for 16-20 minutes. Serve immediately.

snowflower

Thank you Squiddy, I might just give this recipe a try. Looks good enough to eat!   coffee.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on July 31, 2021, 02:41:50 PM

Oh, that sounds pretty good!

Mayhem

Stinkerbell

My mom always tried to poison us with frozen brussels sprouts... gross. They were soooo bitter and mushy. Then my mother in law made fresh steamed with butter and those were sooo good.  Like any fruit or veggie, you have to know when they're ready to eat.

Squid

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on August 03, 2021, 06:30:07 AM
My mom always tried to poison us with frozen brussels sprouts... gross. They were soooo bitter and mushy. Then my mother in law made fresh steamed with butter and those were sooo good.  Like any fruit or veggie, you have to know when they're ready to eat.
My mother used to be awful with all veggies.  They were boiled to death.  She's gotten better in her dotage.

Stinkerbell

Squid

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview