This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

iMac Questions

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

So we replaced our dinosaur desktop with an iMac. I've been able to play Pogo but this morning it wouldn't load First Class Solitaire beyond 63%. Is there a list of games we cannot play on Pogo?

Also, it's wanting me to update to Big Sur, and I'm wondering if it's necessary or is it problematic?

Squid

Mayhem

I don't own an iMac, but there shouldn't be any issues playing game on Pogo.

The Big Slur is the newest OS. Is you iMac new or and older one?
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on October 02, 2021, 10:46:25 AM
I don't own an iMac, but there shouldn't be any issues playing game on Pogo.

The Big Sur is the newest OS. Is you iMac new or and older one?

I got it brand new, but it is a 2019 model. I did go ahead and install it and so far everything seems fine. And after installing that, I was able to load first class solitaire without any problems.

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on October 02, 2021, 11:13:23 AM
I got it brand new, but it is a 2019 model. I did go ahead and install it and so far everything seems fine. And after installing that, I was able to load first class solitaire without any problems.

I'm glad you were able to get it all sorted out!
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

S1lent

Greetings Bell and all PogoCheats,
Congrats on getting an iMac.  I need to know now many Gigs it came with. Click on the "Apple" icon top left...click on "About this Mac"...click on "Storage"...in a few seconds it will give you the answer.  Mine is a MacBook Pro Laptop with only 120 GB of SSD.  Hopefully, yours is 256 GB or higher or a conventional HDD that will be way over that.  You will need at least 30 GB of free space to run Windows.  On my other iMac, I have 1 TB of HDD so it runs great on that system.  Enjoy that iMac...my wife loves her's.  Her Apple Watch, iPhone, and iPad all work together and little maintenance...and little headaches.

Follow the instructions on the YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4seoZzDsit0

You will be able to run Windows on your Mac.  It runs fast.  The Autos run fast.

Stinkerbell

Thanks, Silent one!! The video is great!! However, I contacted PB and was told that the autos won't work on a Windows partition. Any idea how to make them work?

S1lent

Greetings Bell and all you other PogoCheats,
Sorry so late in getting back with you all. I tried to install "BootCamp" on an older Mid 2011 iMac...no luck. I just wanted to prove that it worked.

In the middle of my attempt my ISP (CableOne/Sparklight) decided they would discontinue ALL their eMail services.  This ment I had to change all my 38 accounts to a new eMail.  Took me 2 days and several Xanax.  Some of the accounts were: USBank, Citi CC, Amazon, MicroSoft Office, Apple (On iMac, iPad, iPhone), Discover Bank, Medicare, Social Security, Ring, PayPal, Walmart, T-Mobile, Suez Water, Intermountain Gas, Idaho Power, MyChart, Ring, OPM, MyPay, Long Term Care and several more.  Additionally, got to do this on my lovely wife's account.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Don't change emails girls18.gif girls18.gif girls18.gif
S1lent

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview