PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 06:48:28 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

BLOCKING spam in gmail

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Is there a way to BLOCK spam addresses from getting to gmail? I mean, they are spam and go to the spam folder, but is there a way to block them from getting into any part of my gmail?  It can be done in Yahoo, but according to gmail it cannot be done in gmail.

I did try creating a filter which would delete the spam message, but that setting moves it to trash which is still allowing it to enter gmail.

Now, the ONLY way currently available to block is to open each email and block the sender, which with spam we know isn't safe to do (open the email). So...

Any ideas?

C~M

Stinkerbell

Squid

Windows Live mail lets you declare them as spam before opening.  I don't really think it's useful though as the numbers of spam emails received never seem to change.  If you find a method, please share!  I am sick of seeing those spam emails!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on December 06, 2021, 07:25:59 AM
Windows Live mail lets you declare them as spam before opening.  I don't really think it's useful though as the numbers of spam emails received never seem to change.  If you find a method, please share!  I am sick of seeing those spam emails!

Everything is sent to spam but I'd rather have it auto blocked so that it fills the senders' boxes with 'undeliverable' messages.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 06, 2021, 07:30:03 AM
Everything is sent to spam but I'd rather have it auto blocked so that it fills the senders' boxes with 'undeliverable' messages.
I agree that would be best.  How do you get it to go to the spam folder?  Mine are in the inbox.  *delete, delete, delete*

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on December 06, 2021, 07:38:10 AM
I agree that would be best.  How do you get it to go to the spam folder?  Mine are in the inbox.  *delete, delete, delete*

Just mark as spam as they come in and eventually the system will recognize the emails and do it automatically.

Mayhem

Unfortunately, that's not possible with Gmail.

That's why I run my own mail server on this server. I've set it up so all spam is rejected with a "Mail Rejected: Spam" message. If the system is not sure it's spam, it's put on "HOLD" until I can verify the contents. Either way, nothing arrives in my inbox unless it's clean.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

That's great! With  Yahoo! mail it is so easy. You just highlight one or 100 emails and click block sender. Boom it's done.

Squid

I have blocked domains and senders on Windows Live Mail and the mail still gets through.  Ho hum.

snowflower

Quote from: Squid on December 06, 2021, 11:13:40 AM
I have blocked domains and senders on Windows Live Mail and the mail still gets through.  Ho hum.
Me too but it goes into my Spam folder.

C~M

Quote from: Stinkerbell on December 06, 2021, 07:30:03 AM

There is a program I have called Mailwasher Pro where you can bounce the emails back to them with.

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on December 06, 2021, 11:13:40 AM

You may want to check out Thunderbird. I switched and never looked back.

Squid

Mayhem

What I like about it is that you can fully customize it the way you want.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview