PlayBuddy
April 23, 2024, 04:02:53 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

poker tips

Started by badcrazygirl,

Previous topic - Next topic

badcrazygirl

anybody got any texam hold'em and high stakes tips? if so plz share them

bigbear78

Know when to hold em, know when to fold them  ;)

Since nobody on Pogo knows how to play, there are no real tips.

I've been playing Poker for 15 some years and I can't believe how people play on pogo.

Just play everyhand and don't fold....that's what 90% of the other people do.

DEBKARLAR

If it was real $$ I can assure you the people would play much differently

TheRaven

I am an avid poker player as well and I can't agree more with the fact that people on Pogo play very wrecklessly.

Homer

Everyone wants to be the next Chris Moneymaker. :)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

TheRaven

Not me.  I'd rather be the next Phil Helmuth.  Win 9 bracelets as well as 5 million dollars each year just by being a poker player by profession.

Homer

I only mentioned Moneymaker because poker didn't seem to hit it big on ESPN until last year's tourney. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

bigbear78

Quote from: Homer on September 18, 2004, 02:06:33 PM
I only mentioned Moneymaker because poker didn't seem to hit it big on ESPN until last year's tourney. ;)

Whats funny is ESPN showed the world Series every year
I can't wait till it's not popular anymore.  I've cut my playing time due to all the internet nerds.

Quote from: TheRaven on September 18, 2004, 01:24:45 PM
Not me. I'd rather be the next Phil Helmuth. Win 9 bracelets as well as 5 million dollars each year just by being a poker player by profession.

A lot of people hate that guy, but he is the best.

I like Daniel Negreanu and you have to like Gus Hanson, that guy is nuts.

DEBKARLAR

Quote from: Homer on September 18, 2004, 02:06:33 PM
it was on the travel channel the last 2 yrs and ESPN relized it was a winner there so they picked it up

Hooper2092

I try to keep my winning % up by always first observing a game-
-if the players are eratic betters or just dont know how to bet I leave
-if the players are all playing tight and no one is putting any chips out I leave
-I  watch for players with consistancy in their bets- and if I can find them, I sit and play til they leave

Always play in rooms with real chips up for bet. I recommend high rollers because super high rollers are full of people who cant bet yet they dont care to lost their tokens cause they a gillion tokies and it doesnt bother them to lose them all.
Those people in middle rollers tend to be cheap with their tokies because they dont have  a buttload of tokies but they are trying to earn them. Those in low rollers play erratically just as those people in just for fun rooms do.

Also- if you have a good general knowledge of the cards in a deck, then playing with jokers is actually NOT in your favor. For example a pair of pocket Aces can be very deceiftul in either hand (all it takes is a 3 of a kind or two small pair to hurt you) however if you have pocket aces while playing with jokers, you might as well have a pair of twos... not that great of difference when there are so many other "wildcards" out there.

bowler_man2005

no offence but i think helmuth is an arsehole he thinks every is a cheater when he loses

bigbear78

Quote from: bowler_man2005 on September 18, 2004, 10:33:11 PM
no offence but i think helmuth is an arsehole he thinks every is a cheater when he loses

I agree he is a arse....but with his winnings and records.....I call him the Yankee(s) of Poker

bowler_man2005

true he is good but i cant stand him lol i like jesus, gus hansen, and daniel negreanue (however you spell it)

Slayer32

i think you spelled it right...??? Who knows. :o ???

JennD

Quote from: Hooper2092 on September 18, 2004, 09:42:35 PM
Always play in rooms with real chips up for bet. I recommend high rollers because super high rollers are full of people who cant bet yet they dont care to lost their tokens cause they a gillion tokies and it doesnt bother them to lose them all.
Those people in middle rollers tend to be cheap with their tokies because they dont have  a buttload of tokies but they are trying to earn them. Those in low rollers play erratically just as those people in just for fun rooms do.

Wow thank you for the advice!!! I never thought of it that way but you are soo right. Super rollers is a mess really come to think about it. I will have to remember high rollers because I am sick of peeps betting erratically.
It's hard to find consistant players.  I cannot stand either raise and check? I guess everyone is different.
I never play joker wild tables just too unpredictable!! I have lost 4 of a kind before at those tables to better.
Jenn

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview