March 28, 2024, 10:43:24 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Does anybody WORDLE?

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 15, 2023, 06:30:00 PM
You guys must have some kind of a system - or psychic abilities.. Like there must be some kind of rotation in words or something because you guys are consistently spot on. I'm not saying you're cheating, not at all. Whatever the system is, I'm not smart enough to figure it out. I wake up in the morning, and the first word that comes to my mind, as long as it has vowels, and no repeat letters, I use that word. Doesn't always work out so well.

And I don't even know if system is the right word...

Oh well. I'm glad you guys have something that works for you.
Says the woman who got it in two just prior to this post.  I think you do so well!  If I can get it in 2-4 guesses, I'm really happy.  On rare occasion, I've gotten it on the first word but that is just pure luck.  My lottery tickets should be so lucky.  I have about 10-12 starter words.  I rotate them according to how I feel that day.  Do I really care about getting vowels?  I use a word chock full of them.  Do I want to use the most popular consonants?  I have several I like and choose one.  Frequently, my first two guesses are fishing expeditions in which I use 10 different letters, no repeats.  I get SO MUCH info from those two words that I frequently get it on the third.  That's pretty much my system.  I am happy to post all my starter words if people want to see them.  I'm sure many people use the same words.

minimarshs

Wordle 696 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 15, 2023, 06:30:00 PM
You guys must have some kind of a system - or psychic abilities.. Like there must be some kind of rotation in words or something because you guys are consistently spot on.

It usually takes me 4-5 guesses to get it right. I've been on an unusual roll the last 4 or so days though.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Mayhem

Wordle 696 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟩
🟨🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on May 16, 2023, 03:41:39 AM
Says the woman who got it in two just prior to this post.  I think you do so well!  If I can get it in 2-4 guesses, I'm really happy.  On rare occasion, I've gotten it on the first word but that is just pure luck.  My lottery tickets should be so lucky.  I have about 10-12 starter words.  I rotate them according to how I feel that day.  Do I really care about getting vowels?  I use a word chock full of them.  Do I want to use the most popular consonants?  I have several I like and choose one.  Frequently, my first two guesses are fishing expeditions in which I use 10 different letters, no repeats.  I get SO MUCH info from those two words that I frequently get it on the third.  That's pretty much my system.  I am happy to post all my starter words if people want to see them.  I'm sure many people use the same words.

I'm just jealous.  And my brain is so scattered (scatter brained) that I don't know if I could keep track of the same starting words, anymore.
I used to have 6 or 7 which contained a lot of vowels, but that's not always the best bet because few words contain mostly vowels.  As I said, my starting words have become pretty random, based on mood or whatever.

**sigh**

I guess I should be happy that I rarely miss a word entirely.

Squid

6 or fewer guesses is a win!

I think I've missed totally 2 or 3 times.  It's usually for a word like __ R  A  __ E .   I have about a jillion guesses for that letter arrangement!

Squid

Wordle 697 4/6*

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

minimarshs

Wordle 697 3/6

⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Stinkerbell

Wordle 697 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mayhem

Wordle 697 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟨⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Squid

Wordle 698 3/6*

🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mayhem

Wordle 698 4/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Squid

Wordle 699 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Stinkerbell

Wordle 699 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mayhem

Wordle 699 3/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

minimarshs

Wordle 699 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Squid

Wordle 700 3/6*

🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mayhem

Wordle 700 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Stinkerbell

Wordle 700 2/6

🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Squid

Wordle 701 3/6*

🟨⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview