This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Heat Wave 2022

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

I hope everyone is staying cool out there!

The area I live in has issued a heat warning through Saturday. We'll see ~100F temps with high humidity.

white flag.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

So sorry!  Today is the last day for us in an 8-9 day heat wave.  Heat indices all over 100 degrees F.  California has it even worse, especially in the high desert.  Stay cool, Mayhem, and hydrated.  No hard labor outside while this is going on.

bbq21.gif  snowman1.gif   vacation57.gif

Mayhem

I probably won't even go outside until sunset.

S1lent

Greetings,
Is this related to Global Warming?  Or is it just related to my age (75 ouch)?  Will it help if I purchase a Tesla Model S Plaid...Just $148,000 plus tax (6%) in Idaho? Do I need a car that goes 0 to 60 in under 2 seconds?  Do I need a car that goes 200 MPH?  The answer is NO...but it would be nice.  There is still one question...Where do I come up with 400 Miles of extension cords?

Just Dreaming
S1lent

Squid

Wait a couple of years, S1lent, the price will come down!

Mayhem

I think this may be the first time I don't open my windows at night during the summer.

It's currently 76F with 71% humidity = 85F real feel. The heat doesn't bother me so much, it's the mugginess. I've never seen this before at 1AM.

MsMissy

Well im in California @ it has been over 100 for more then 10 days now and im stll counting more till next weekend  weather man says.  Now that is not this weekend , bur next .   But Texas has had of hot days just like our weather here & some states in the southern part of the USA.  But we don t have the high humidy here in Calli. Staying under A/C and dreading my next PGE bill for power company.   Just trying to stay as cool as i can get for n ow.     sad.gif   hi11.gif

Mayhem

I'm not looking forward to my next power bill either.

Just as I got to sleep last night, a big thunderstorm rolled in. We got some much needed rain, but between the flashes and the loud booms, I'm working on very little sleep.

Squid

Mayhem

Yes! I did have a much needed 2 hour power nap.

What I really need now is to be able to sleep in past 7:30am ...

Mayhem

Finally got a break in the weather. This area is expecting the high's of 70F and showers for the next few days.

Squid

Mayhem

I'm glad the worst appears to be over, but now getting local smoke from the fires the latest thunderstorms have started. They appear to be under control though.

Squid

The next 10 days here are pretty good (great weekend) but we really need rain and there's precious little in the forecast.

Mayhem

We could sure use some rain here .. more sun for the next 7 - 10 days as well.

Squid

We need the rain, too.  Poor Kentucky got everyone's rain in the past several weeks.  They're under water and everyone else is bone dry.

Mayhem

Yeah, I saw a few images of that on CNN .. it's crazy what they're dealing with right now.

MsMissy

We definiality  need the rain here in California. Starting today for another week will be over 100 again.   It has been too hot lately.  sad.gif

Squid

There calling the drought here 'moderate' and 'severe' in a couple of spots.  All our lawns are dead or close to it.  The pond by my house is super low.  I wish more rain would come - here and wherever it's needed.

Mayhem

It was over 100F again today.

My neighbor hired a lawn moving service and they were actually out there pushing the mower during prime time.  white flag.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview