Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Bad Reviews

Started by S1lent,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

Greetings,
I was not totally surprised about the reviews.  Here is a sample of one site.
S1lent

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.pogo.com?page=2

This site has more of the same...actually much worse.

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/pogo.com

This site has 500 Negative Comments and a whopping 3 Positive comments
https://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Pogo

BTW...I love POGO...and Moreover the Great People here at PogoCheats.
Thank you for letting me vent.

Afterthought.  Why does POGO always point the finger at me when three of them are pointing right back at POGO.

raine56

Thanks Silent.  It was interesting to read.  Most of those sites had none or very very few positive ratings in a year for Pogo  Its like EA are trying to get rid of as many members as possible so it will be easier and calmer to shut the site down.

LittleFawn

People will complain about anything these days. If you honestly do not like Pogo just do not play. I will say it is one of the cheapest places to play games. Pogo is not for everyone.

Squid

I woke this morning to find that all my progress for the week in M. Sanctuary has been wiped out.  It's as though I haven't put in one moment to try and advance in those daily/weekly challenges.  When I play by the rules that Pogo itself created only to have Pogo/their system wipe out all the work I've done to play within those rules, I make no apologies for expressing my displeasure.  Yes, I am a game person and, yes, the value of Pogo is still there, which I why I continue to go to their site.  Having said that, it in no way mitigates Pogo's responsibility to listen to those who pay for the service and continue to have problems that go unanswered.  The perpetual nature of Pogo turning a blind eye and deaf ear to its customers' issues is worthy of complaint.  If some people are irritated by those complaints, don't spend time reading them.

minimarshs

Quote from: LittleFawn on January 12, 2023, 05:13:13 PM
People will complain about anything these days. If you honestly do not like Pogo just do not play. I will say it is one of the cheapest places to play games. Pogo is not for everyone.
Agreed. 

I've been with Pogo since June 2000.  It has gotten me through a few bad life moments, it has been a great distraction when I needed it most.  I've met great people.  I've gained some silly and small personal victories, like being able to win games of Rainy Day Spider Solitaire set at HARD difficulty, and gaining the MASTER badge in Pinochle.  At my age, having daily goals sets for me that I can attain is a psychological boost, even if they are silly small ones like today's "win three games" in Word Search Daily.  I like Pogo, and it costs me what it costs me.  Sometimes there are problems at their end, sometimes there are problems at my end.  But there is lots of variety, and it keeps me amused.  There are other sites out there, and I have visited some, but I don't have the same "feeling" that I get when I go to Pogo and play games that are familiar and, more often than not, fun.

And Squid, I respect your comments.  You are correct, when Pogo doesn't hire people with the proper qualifications, when their systems go down for whatever reason, when they can't fix your problem because sometimes stuff just can't be fixed without a complete re-do, those are complaint-worthy.  When they turn a blind eye for whatever reason, for sure, it's wrong.
Having anything in Mahjong Sanctuary wiped out is defeating.  Some people are having that problem in the Daily Sudoku weeklies.  It's disappointing and my experience has been that it is almost impossible to explain to Pogo what has actually happened.  I usually get the remark "You need to send us the name of the badge and describe the challenge."  Well, if there is no challenge to describe because something has happened in the game itself, as it did with you, it gets very frustrating.  I hope your problem is temporary and everything comes back.  Pogo has fallen to COVID-times: it's had to get employees, it's hard to get new equipment, it's hard to run a business.  And at the same time, they could do better.  I'm going to go do my dailies now, and raise a cup of coffee to the universe for No Glitch Friday.

Squid

I totally respect your position and take on the situation, MiniM. 

Squid

Quote from: minimarshs on January 13, 2023, 05:01:14 AM
I've gained some silly and small personal victories, like being able to win games of Rainy Day Spider Solitaire set at HARD difficulty, and gaining the MASTER badge in Pinochle. 

I'm impressed!  I play RDSS on the NORMAL level and always enjoy it.  Today, I tried HARD after reading your post and I was awful!  You will have to provide an in-service so I can get through it!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview