PlayBuddy
April 25, 2024, 04:19:03 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

What's the best thing you ever did on pogo?

Started by Adacia,

Previous topic - Next topic

Adacia

And I'm not talking about autos ::)   What is the single most fantastic feat you accomplished on pogo that you are the proudest of? Is it a badge accomplishment, a prize or jackpot, an awesome poker hand with a great token award? What has made you prouder than anything you've done before?
    Besides finishing perfect pair solitaire without dying of boredom first I did manage to get a 10,000 point hand on jacks or better poker. Is that a royal flush, I think? I don't remember. The sad thing is I was playing on my mother's account to get her a badge when it happened lol.

Mayhem

1) Reaching rank 99 in Texas Holdem Poker without cheating.
2) Being one of the first people to complete Perfect Pair Solitaire (maybe a little cheating there)  :P
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Barbara

I finished Word Whomp Whackdown before there was a "Golden Carrot" badge.  Those who finished the game first had no badge because Pogo didn't expect us to finish before they were ready to hand out a badge.  I had no auto, and I was not aware of the "eat the second to last carrot" glitch.  I played 10,000 games on "level 46" before I got frustrated and alerted Pogo that I wasn't advancing and they admitted that, "There is no level 46, oopsie." Can you imagine seeing, "You are ? to ?" for a month, thinking that the platinum badge would pop up, magically?  The "how to play" instructions said "there are SURPRISE levels."  I played without surprise, except for my first bonus round where three of my words were "bitch" "turd" and "whore."  Pogo has since edited out the "potty words."  They also used to post what level we were playing in our stats, ack!

I also finished the entire Wordjong series before there was an auto.  Yep, I am that woman mentioned on Wordzw's site. Thank God, no one can see my Spider Solitaire stats.

BadgeHelpOscar

Maybe some pogo employee was slipping special bonus words into your java applet...

Who did you piss off at EA?

I keed I keed
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Dream Faerie

Quote from: Barbara on December 17, 2004, 12:14:46 AM
I finished Word Whomp Whackdown before there was a "Golden Carrot" badge.  Those who finished the game first had no badge because Pogo didn't expect us to finish before they were ready to hand out a badge.  I had no auto, and I was not aware of the "eat the second to last carrot" glitch.  I played 10,000 games on "level 46" before I got frustrated and alerted Pogo that I wasn't advancing and they admitted that, "There is no level 46, oopsie." Can you imagine seeing, "You are ? to ?" for a month, thinking that the platinum badge would pop up, magically?  The "how to play" instructions said "there are SURPRISE levels."  I played without surprise, except for my first bonus round where three of my words were "bitch" "turd" and "whore."  Pogo has since edited out the "potty words."  They also used to post what level we were playing in our stats, ack!

I also finished the entire Wordjong series before there was an auto.  Yep, I am that woman mentioned on Wordzw's site. Thank God, no one can see my Spider Solitaire stats.

Now see??? There is a game I only play when the challenges include this game.. Is the glitch still there? Prolly not right? lol

casandrabfield

hmmm got the panda badge on my own and finished all the rounds but the greatest thing for me was falling in love and moving to new hampshire and all cause of pogo. so instead of a family of 3 for me its a family of 9.  then again maybe it wasnt such a great thing lol..

Adacia

Barbara, I'm gonna pm you. I think I may know you from pogo lol.

Barbara

Adacia. you think you may know me?  Please don't be that goofy chick who used to write all of her letters in the chat area and expect us to do her puzzle for her, lol.  "Come on guys, I just need 18 more words!"  She would write Pogo a thoughtful e-mail once a night, protesting the words and challenging their validity.  One night she went on a rant about a "Painter's proper name being used" and how she was "tired of finding their mistakes."  I had to explain to her that "degas" meant to "remove gas from."  If goofy were a perfume, this chick reeked of it.

drgnwrrr4onyx

Dream Faerie

touitsjesse

best thing is i met my wife now and we have a 1 yr old baby girl now and maybe one on the way soon..if they will allow it, my web site is:

www.angelfire.com/pop2/babyupdate

Adacia

OMG and lol barbara. No, I am certainly not that goofy chick. I'm a guy for one thing. I sent you a private messsage. Was just wondering if we ever chatted in pogo b4. Wow, pogo stalkers must be horrible  ??? So sorry you went thru that lol

Kelly

Back before EA bought pogo i once was playing keno and got 9 out of 10 numbers and got like 50,000 tickets(they gave tickets back then not tokens for keno) towards the drawing and i thought i had a good chance at winning...but i didnt win.I also got the 4 aces badge in texas holdem and the royal straight flush badges(not using an auto either)....im proud of those!

BadgeHelpBill

It sounds like some of you are answering "Who's the best thing you ever did on Pogo?"  >:D

For me, there is nothing quite like the sweet sensation of having the program that I wrote beat the snot out of the computer for the first time on a game.

This almost zen-like moment, of course, is followed by dropping to one knee, do a pump-fist and screaming "YESSSSS!"

Barbara

Quote from: Adacia on December 17, 2004, 04:54:19 PM
OMG and lol barbara. No, I am certainly not that goofy chick. I'm a guy for one thing. I sent you a private messsage. Was just wondering if we ever chatted in pogo b4. Wow, pogo stalkers must be horrible  ??? So sorry you went thru that lol
I knew you were a guy.  I am smart like that, lol.  I haven'r received a PM from you. 

Barbara

And for those of you who've met your spouses on Pogo, God bless you and your love.  I wish you a lifetime of joy.

Adacia

hmmm... I tried to pm you again but you have a block on it. Oh well, was just wondering if we chatted in old school whomp. W2g again on your success and hope we get another word game soon.

BadgeHelpOscar

Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Dream Faerie

I completed Tri- Peaks & Panda Poker without autos..
As for other games... I'm not tellin'  :-X LMAO
I DO use glitches when I find out about them  >:D

Barbara

Kris, I will always think of you as the "Glitch Fairy"  You take the time to find a glitch and you share it, despite the fact that you got your badge.  I sincerely appreciate you and all of your hard work and efforts.  You are a solid member of this community and your efforts do not go unnoticed by me.  Thank-you! 

P.S. Get on that Spider Soliatire, I hate it. xoxoxo

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview