Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

SPIDER SOLITAIRE BANNED

Started by BadgeCollector,

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeCollector

WARNING

I'm in a room testing out the new beta.  A pogo employee not sure if i can mention his name cause i know it's against the rules.  He just ejected a player from the game.  Say ******* has been ejected from the game. 

Anyway, this employee just said that illegal use of java is prohibited and your account will be banned.  I have a bad habit of looking at people's badges.  This particular person had 4 out of the 5 spider solitaire badges today.  I guess he/she was working on the 5th. 

So i'm guessing that pogo is cracking down on people who utilized that spider cracker.  If you are using it, use it wisely.  Don't draw attention to yourself by gettn all the badges in one day.  Spread it out over a week or two.  That's just my opinion.  By the way beta not bad won 3 out of 4 games.

Homer

The person was likely banned for hacking the java files. That is how they get their badges in one day. We do not endorse nor support this activity.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

BadgeCollector

I guess he/she did all that work for nuffin huh. 

No way, shape or form am I endorsing it.  I didn't mean to come across that way.  Just wanted to let others know that pogo is aware of the situation and they may be at risk of losing their accounts.

Me personally I hate the game.  So I'll just wait for final release of the beta.  I was reading posts on the beta so decided to check it out for myself.

Moksha

Even if you don't get all the badges in one day, don't you completely dominate the highscores with 10000000 scores or something?

Scarlett

Haven't used it but it's not the only one there are some using something for Mahjong too.  I finally asked someone about the MG badges because they had two yesterday and they used some excuse about getting to Age 94 and it skipping them through the last ones.  I'm no where near there, but after reading the board I am guessing it's the java hacking you guys are talking about and they are keeping that tight lipped.  A few impatient people are going to end up getting them cracking down harder than ever probably.

Thanks for all of the great advice here!

Homer

Quote from: BadgeCollector on January 04, 2005, 02:01:43 PM
I guess he/she did all that work for nuffin huh. 

No way, shape or form am I endorsing it.  I didn't mean to come across that way.  Just wanted to let others know that pogo is aware of the situation and they may be at risk of losing their accounts.

Me personally I hate the game.  So I'll just wait for final release of the beta.  I was reading posts on the beta so decided to check it out for myself.

I wasn't suggesting you did. I apologize if it came across that way. I was just reiterating our stance on the subject. :)

Moksha

Quote from: Scarlett on January 04, 2005, 02:11:07 PM
Haven't used it but it's not the only one there are some using something for Mahjong too.  I finally asked someone about the MG badges because they had two yesterday and they used some excuse about getting to Age 94 and it skipping them through the last ones.  I'm no where near there, but after reading the board I am guessing it's the java hacking you guys are talking about and they are keeping that tight lipped.  A few impatient people are going to end up getting them cracking down harder than ever probably.

Yeah, that's a java hack. There's a few for other games like PPS. I've actually SEEN the cracks, however I won't state where I seen them.

Homer

Quote from: Scarlett on January 04, 2005, 02:11:07 PM

They are doing the same thing in Mahjong. If pogo really is going around and banning these people there is going to be a bunch of pissed people out there.

Douglas

Homer, honestly, oh well.  Let these morons get pissed.  I try to earn my badges legitimately, very rarely will I use an auto unless it's a game I cannot stand (such as Greenback Bayou).

Homer

I have no problem with that Douglas. I don't use that method so I could care less. I meant the people who were mislead into thinking it was ok to hack the java files.

Douglas

Personaly, I'm of the opinion that if some jackass has to resort to hacking the java files, they are cheating only themselves.  People WILL realize the truth, and turn it right back on said jackass.  Badge Collector, yes, thank you for posting that.  I am glad to see that there are still people that get their badges the way they're MEANT to be gained... through hard work, determination and dedication.... Barbara exemplifies that to a science.

SmoothFox

Anyone else having trouble with how slow and how long it takes to win a game?  It played a good half hour then chose a new game instead of continuing to solve the game.  I was watching it and was so frustrated that I could see moves all over the place it could make.  Faster than it was making them.  I was afraid to touch the mouse to make those changes myself until I saw if the helper was going to work.  It was not using the free cells it had cleared up.  It was leaving cards in stacks on top of all those cards waiting to be shown instead of moving the stacks over to free up those cards.

Anyway, I will buy it. Just kind of frustrating that it takes a half hour to play one game. It played one whole game after it chose to get a new game so I at least know it can solve one but a half hour a game will take forever to make any progress.

Moksha

It only took me about 5 minutes to solve a puzzle, on speed 9.

And it solved 5 of 5. So.

BadgeHelpOscar

smooth fox...need OS, computer speed blah blah blah
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

SmoothFox

Quote from: BadgeHelpOscar on January 04, 2005, 07:09:24 PM
smooth fox...need OS, computer speed blah blah blah

Screen Dimensions: 1024 x 768
Screen width=1024
Screen height=768
Bits per pixel=24
OS Version:
  Major=5
  Minor=0
  Build=2195
  Platform=2
  CSD=Service Pack 4

Dell L433C

Chip Type Intel 810
Memory Size 4 MB
SmoothEdges is not checked
True Color 24 ...I can only choose between 256 and high 16

I use Internet Explorer
Windows 2000 NT Professional
I don't know how to give info on Java. But this is what it says
JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled is checked

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview