This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

buckaroo blackjack

Started by afrot6508,

Previous topic - Next topic

afrot6508

what are the chances of getting a gold blackjack in how many games i think i have played over 10,000 games trying to get the jackpot

Jeffer

Oooh.  The problem with game math is that you have to know all the numbers involved.  I assume that the distribution on card games are random (Pogo has no reason to have them otherwise).  When it gets to JP distribution, the only one that knows the odds of getting a gold Ace or Jack is Pogo....  I don't think they're telling.

From other investigations I've found that the odds of getting a JP are in the tens of millions of events to one.  My guess would be that the odds in Buckaroo Blackjack are approximately the same.

Sorry. Probably not the answer you wanted...

bobbysbackup

From my own play, I estimate the gold jack comes out about 1 in every 200 hands  BUT, it doesn't always land in your own hand.  I've played close to 22,000 hands of buckaroo blackjack, and have yet to see a gold ace.... So, that kind of shows you what the odds of THAT card coming out are, and THEN you have to get it in your own hand.

To get them in your hand at the same time, the odds would be EXTREMELY high.  Even if we assume that the gold ace frequency is 1:22000 (and remember I STILL haven't gotten one in that amount of play), that would put the odds of getting the jackpot at over 1 in 17 million.... And, I suspect it would probably be higher.... So, expect to put in quite a bit of play if you're expecting to hit that jackpot! lol

bobbysbackup

gold jack = 1 in approx every 200 hands
gold ace = none in 22,000 hands (and still counting...)

gold jacks are infrequent, but THAT'S what you needed for the badge... good thing it wasn't the gold ace you needed!

Jeffer

I would never argue with bobbys observations.  I've never talked to anyone who has seen a gold ace.  Thus I can't compute odds. 

Has anyone ever seen a gold ace?

Carly

Once. I saw it for the weekly challenge they had a while back. Havent gotten another since that time.

Maelstrom

I've gotten the Gold Ace once and didn't even win the hand. Other times the dealer is holding the gold card, which is very frustrating. It is more likely that you'll get a Silver Jack and a Gold Card for mega tokens, but I wouldn't even know the odds of getting both gold cards in the same deck. Even then, you have to get them both dealt in one hand to win.
I haven't played much of blackjack, but I've gotten 2 Silver Jacks in one deck before, it may or may not be possible to get all 4 jacks replaced by Silvers - making the odds even worse.

Libra

When is this game going to be gone for good?  Anyone know?

Tara

Quote from: Libra on July 31, 2006, 06:37:45 AM
The end of August

Runner

that game is bunk.  I better get my 2 badges I have left before they dump it.

Pogo thank you for dumping one of your dumbest games ever.

(Pogo just for future reference, don't try and remake a game that has been around forever. Hire people with an imagination to make a fresh game)

fiz

Quote from: Tara on July 31, 2006, 06:39:01 AM
The end of August

Darn, I thought it was gonna be August 14th.  :pp

Tara

Quote from: fiz on August 02, 2006, 09:05:51 AM
Quote from: Tara on July 31, 2006, 06:39:01 AM
The end of August

Darn, I thought it was gonna be August 14th.  :pp

It is but don't tell anyone.  :))  I don't want everyone to panic at the same time.

somuchfun

It took me 3 hours and almost 500 hands to get the gold jack today.  Luckily it was not in the dealers hand.  I would have switched rooms and started over. :)))

Tara

Quote from: somuchfun on August 02, 2006, 08:16:31 PM
It took me 3 hours and almost 500 hands to get the gold jack today.  Luckily it was not in the dealers hand.  I would have switched rooms and started over. :)))

That sucker's hard to get. Well just look at this way, you don't ever have to do it again. ;::

hades

still have to get mine.my gf played for over fours for me and didnt get it yet.

kgansor

ive only been playing for like a total of like 20 minutes and im already at 22/50 on the blackjack one and im still hearing ppl coming in and getting the gold J first 2 hands, hopefully i get that lucky when i decide to do it next week or the week after

Julie

From memory the gold J took me about an hour or so to get :) Thankfully I only have 2 of those badges to get, they're both from the 2004 book.  I was in there last night and if any game needed some sort of update or makeover or scrapping altogether it is this one, gawd it's lame ::)

SexySagittarian

are they getting rid of buckaroo blackjack? :o

SexySagittarian

Quote from: PogoSlave on August 03, 2006, 03:00:22 AM
are they getting rid of buckaroo blackjack? :o

Nevermind, I just checked my badge albums and I have all my badges in that game for all  of my accounts so doing away with that game is fine with me. I'm still curious though,  has anyone heard 
if the game is definitely history? :-\

Julie

Yes it's going.  Pogo are giving everyone 4 weeks to get the 4 weekly badges they originally released for this game.  The badges seem to be going along with the game :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview