Yes
100 (74.1%)
No
35 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 129

xgingerx

Jewel

Quote from: gator8 on October 15, 2006, 08:54:02 PM
I was at the race at Lowe's last night. Seems a long time ago after an 11 hour drive home today. But didn't stay for the whole race one it was freezing even tho I was bundled up quite well, but it was a boring race. It was all single file around the track plus they had sound problems and could not hear all the play by play.  But did watch the rest of the race from the hotel room,Plus the end of the Gator game (looked like they made many mistakes) .  The best part of the pre race and driver intros was the reception some of thje drivers got, Jeff Gordon got a few boos, Jimmie Johnson go a lot more, but Brian Vickers got a huge 'boo' from everyone at the track, it was very loud!

But I never miss a race on TV.

How exciting that you got to be there! I heard they had extra security on hand for Brian Vickers. I am so happy that I didn't have to look at Jimmie Johnson in victory lane.

justahumping

Quote from: zzigzzag on August 31, 2006, 08:37:26 PM
I was a huge Dale Sr fan...even stopped watching for rest of season after his death, to sad to watch after that. I do now watch, of course only because of Dale Jr. lol  I've read the posts a few I wanted to post BUT figure i would'nt engage in it, nascar people can get NASTY ....LOL  GO DALE JR!!
you are  not by yourself there (((Zig)))
There was a lot of people that stoped watching nascar for a while after that death. along with the pettys losse too. I guess that the pettys loss was the one that hit me the most. Did you know that history was made in sports there? (talking aobut the petty family) That was the only fourth generation family ever, in any sports in the history of the world....  Now that was  a loss

tponka

I live four miles from Lowe's Motor Speedway.  I DETEST NASCAR!!  Lots of my friends love it though, and this weekend I ended up with SEVEN cars in my driveway and outside my house (besides my own) that belonged to friends who rode the shuttle from a nearby hotel to the race.  During race week, I usually hop an esaver and head outta dodge, because there is NO getting through the traffic!  @#$%! NASCAR!  #@%#! mid-October and mid-May in Charlotte!!!  (Oh, but the one good thing about it is that all of the colleges here get fall break during race week, so I did get last week off work! woohoo!)

gator8_24

If anyone follows the truck series, Bobby Hamilton died today from cancer.  I thought he had it licked but  not.

Jewel

I had thought he was doing better and was very sorry to hear this.  :(

gator8_24

Everyone thought he was beating it so this was a real shocker of a news release.

Homer

RIP Benny Parsons. He's gone to that big racetrack in the sky.  :(

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Jewel

gator8_24

I heard about his death while listening to sirius radio this morning enroute to Daytona. all the shows were about Benny. Tonight at the driver fan forums a few times they talked about Benny. also MRN was broadcasting their weekly show there and had a tribute to him. I was very sad to hear the news as he was cancer free.

He will be greatly missed. God Speed, Benny.

Homer

I guess you racing fans should be getting all geeked up soon. :<<

Oh yeah...Jeff Gordon is the best racer of all time!!!  :)))

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on January 30, 2007, 10:17:48 AM
I guess you racing fans should be getting all geeked up soon. :<<

Oh yeah...Jeff Gordon is the best racer of all time!!!  :)))
what ya mean, 'all geeked up'? :))  Jeff G is not the best racer of all time, just thinks he is!  Actually a good all around racer is Tony Stewart. No fat jokes he's lost weight  :ll

Anxious for the Speedweeks in Daytona!  wish I were going but way too much $$$$$ for all the races plus hotels that are crazy high prices. Got a new TV to watch them on this year, no not plasma. but a decent 46" which will look huge in our living room.

Homer

Gotta practice all those left hand turns huh? :)))

gator8_24

They do have 2 road courses! lol Often wondered how they get anyplace off the track if only used to left hand turns?

Homer

nanners

gator8_24

Homer

Jewel

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview