1 pinch Nutmeg
1 pinch Pepper
3 cups (750 ml) Chicken Stock
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Light Cream
1 cup (250 ml) Milk or Beer
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 dash Worcestershire Sauce
Salt

In a heavy saucepan, melt butter, cook onion, carrot, and celery for about 5 minutes or until tender; do not brown.  Stir in flour, mustard, nutmeg and pepper; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chicken stock; simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.  If desired, puree until smooth in blender or food processor. (Note:  this is where the hand blender comes in REAL handy-- Grin!) Add cream and milk or beer and bring almost to a boil.  Add cheese; heat until just melted, stirring constantly.  Add Worcestershire and a little salt.
Makes 6 servings.

frankie.gif
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

swamp

Quote from: SilverDodger on October 13, 2007, 05:32:04 AM
Canadian Cheddar Soup

2 TB (25 ml) Butter
1/4 cup (50 ml) Onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup (50 ml) Carrot, finely chopped
1/4 cup (50 ml) Celery, finely chopped
2 TB (25 ml) Flour
1/4 ts (1 ml) Dry Mustard
1 pinch Nutmeg
1 pinch Pepper
Salt

In a heavy saucepan, melt butter, cook onion, carrot, and celery for about 5 minutes or until tender; do not brown.  Stir in flour, mustard, nutmeg and pepper; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chicken stock; simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.  If desired, puree until smooth in blender or food processor. (Note:  this is where the hand blender comes in REAL handy-- Grin!) Add cream and milk or beer and bring almost to a boil.  Add cheese; heat until just melted, stirring constantly.  Add Worcestershire and a little salt.
Makes 6 servings.

frankie.gif

!@!

gator8_24

Canadian Cheddar Soup

2 TB (25 ml) Butter
2 TB (25 ml) Flour
1 pinch Nutmeg
1 pinch Pepper
Salt

Makes 6 servings.

frankie.gif

Thanks! I'll opt for the beer instead of the milk! lol

gator8_24

Quote from: swampboy on October 13, 2007, 06:55:21 PM
Canadian Cheddar Soup

2 TB (25 ml) Butter
2 TB (25 ml) Flour
1 pinch Nutmeg
1 pinch Pepper
Salt

Makes 6 servings.

frankie.gif

!@!
Hey, you waiti !@! !@! !@!ng for someone to fix it for you?  :))

swamp

Quote from: gator8 on October 14, 2007, 02:59:23 PM
Quote from: swampboy on October 13, 2007, 06:55:21 PM
Canadian Cheddar Soup

2 TB (25 ml) Butter
2 TB (25 ml) Flour
1 pinch Nutmeg
1 pinch Pepper
Salt

Makes 6 servings.

frankie.gif

!@!
Hey, you waiti !@! !@! !@!ng for someone to fix it for you?  :))
?.? :!#

Darling SilverDodger

ok ok. I guess it's my turn to cook again. really  :{: It's Swampboy's turn this week 
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

TmT

Im jumpin to the head of the line before l0c0 gets there... Geesh, we all wont get a drop  halloween21.gif

Darling SilverDodger

ok ok. [ adding abit more water to the soup] . you can set the table Ms TNT

frankie.gif

TmT

Quote from: SilverDodger on October 14, 2007, 05:34:29 PM
ok ok. [ adding abit more water to the soup] . you can set the table Ms TNT

frankie.gif
Ty, a  very easy task. I dont know "jack" about making this soup recipe. lol >:(  Ooopz drop a dish...sowwee

swamp

Quote from: SilverDodger on October 14, 2007, 05:16:19 PM
ok ok. I guess it's my turn to cook again. really  :{: It's Swampboy's turn this week 
my turn eh?  green beans   open can heat n eat     then your done  >:(  no plates just eat out of the can  :/\

TmT

Quote from: swampboy on October 14, 2007, 08:18:57 PM
my turn eh?  green beans   open can heat n eat     then your done  >:(  no plates just eat out of the can  :/\
You country-azz-turkey... now that definitely sound like something a (oopz  cant say that) well a "country pumpkin" would do! (no one should get offended by that, I hope)

swamp

Quote from: TmT on October 14, 2007, 08:33:14 PM
You country-azz-turkey... now that definitely sound like something a (oopz  cant say that) well a "country pumpkin" would do! (no one should get offended by that, I hope)
yall come back now you hear _____as we set on our bag of seeds  :-[ ;:: :)) :)) :))

Symbion

Although... with the exchange rate... American's only get about 97 % of the Canadian Cheese lol

TmT

Quote from: swampboy on October 14, 2007, 08:37:21 PM
Quote from: TmT on October 14, 2007, 08:33:14 PM
yall come back now you hear _____as we set on our bag of seeds  :-[ ;:: :)) :)) :))
The Beverly Hillbillies ...lmfaoz  OK, Jed...tell Jethro not to eat all the leftovers and Elly-Mae to keep her critters from eatin the seeds you  plant... Cousin Pearl and I will be back before your sweat of your brows drip water. Cya Granny! <wavin goodbye>

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview