Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

How to Play Balloon Bounce

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

How to Play Balloon Bounce

In BALLOON BOUNCE, your goal is to fill the score meter on top of the game screen by inflating various super awesomely shaped balloons and defeating as many aliens as possible. When you win all 4 rounds, you win the game and are awarded a Jackpot Spin. After you reach the score goal of each round, you can try defeating the remaining aliens to earn extra points!

Game Controls:

To inflate a balloon, CLICK and HOLD your left mouse button.

While inflating the balloon, avoid alien contact. If an alien touches your balloon while inflating, your balloon will pop. Thats bad! To keep your balloon from popping, DRAG your mouse while holding the left mouse button down.

Once you RELEASE the mouse, your balloon is safe and becomes a super weapon against the aliens.

Try DRAG and RELEASE at the same time, you will be amazed!

Power-ups

As you progress in the game, you will find power-up diamonds in the score meter. When your score reaches to the point where the power-up diamond is located, a power-up will be unlocked! To earn the power-ups, simply keep scoring!

Time Bomb :

Click on the Time Bomb button to activate the Time Bomb power-up. Your mouse will automatically turn into a bomb icon. To place the bomb, click anywhere on the game screen. The bomb will go off in 5 seconds and blow up all the aliens and balloons within a certain range.

Lead Balloon :

Click on the Lead Balloon button to activate the Lead Balloon power-up. Once the Lead Balloon is activated, all balloons in play will fall and destroy aliens upon contact!

Slow Motion :

Click on the Slow Motion button to activate the Slow Motion power-up. Once Slow Motion is activated, all aliens in play will slow down for 10 seconds!

In the upper left, you can see any power-ups that are currently earned or active. If you mouse-over these power-ups, you can get information about what they are.

Bonus Mission

Every now and then, a bonus mission will be triggered during the game. The mission description will come onto the game play area and the bonus mission screen. All bonus missions are time-based! For example, as you can see in the above screenshot, a bonus mission "DEFEAT 5 ALIENS!" is on. As soon as the bigger version of "DEFEAT 5 ALIENS!" falls down into the bonus mission screen, timer starts counting down. If you can defeat 5 aliens before time's up, you complete the mission and earn extra points to help you progress in the game!

If a bonus mission is still on when you complete a round, it'll carry to the next round and you can continue to play towards the mission goal.

Skill Levels

Changing the Skill Level changes the difficulty of the game. There are 5 difficulty levels: Beginner, Easy, Normal, Hard and Expert. The game defaults to the Beginner level. As you advance to harder levels, you will score more points. If you select Hard and Expert difficulties, be prepared for a big challenge!

Balloons

Balloons are your weapons against the aliens. You have a limited number of balloons at the beginning of the game. As you defeat more and more aliens, extra balloons will be awarded per kill.

Unlocking New Balloons

You start with 5 default types of balloons and 10 additional types of balloons to be unlocked, 5 of which are Club Pogo-exclusive.

To unlock new balloons, just keep defeating aliens!

Clicking on the Balloon button on the lower right of the screen will lead you to the Balloon Gallery.

You can:

- Check which types of balloons you have unlocked!
- Select 5 types of balloons to play!
- Check the progress towards the next new balloon type!

Aliens

Aliens are your enemies! When an alien collides with a balloon, it takes a little damage which gradually goes away over time. Successive collisions will defeat the aliens.

The game starts with the basic type of aliens. As you progress through the rounds, you will be be introduced to new types of aliens. There are 4 special types of aliens in total:

Pin-Droppper :

Pin-droppers drop pins when they die! Don't let those pins pop your balloons!

Twouble Twin :

Twouble twins cause trouble when they touch each other. Do whatever you can to keep them apart!

Ghost :

Ghosts have the special ability to fly through balloons for a certain amount of time!

Speedy :

Speedies move faster than all the other types of aliens!

Ranks :

BALLOON BOUNCE has 50 ranks which you can earn as you progress through the game. For Club Pogo players, your rank is shown on the bottom left. You earn rank progress by winning rounds.

There are 5 rank badges you can win in BALLOON BOUNCE. The badges are given out when you achieve ranks 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50. There are also two secret badges, which we won't write about here, because then they wouldn't be secret!

Scoring :

There are lots of ways to earn points in BALLOON BOUNCE:

- Inflating balloons: The bigger you inflate the balloons, the more points you will be awarded. Giant balloons are worth even more points!

- Defeating aliens

You can also earn bonus points by:

- Making giant balloon streaks

- Making alien streaks

- Completing bonus missions

- Having unused power-ups at the end of the game

- Having unused balloons at the end of the game

Tips :

- CLICK, HOLD and DRAG your mouse around to avoid alien contact when inflating balloons!

- You can fling the balloons by CLICKING, HOLDING, DRAGGING, and RELEASING all at the same time!

- The beginner level is designed for you to understand the gameplay. If you are up for bigger challenges, switch to harder difficulty levels on the bottom right of the screen.

- Try to defeat as many aliens in a row within a short amount of time. These are alien streaks and you get bonus points for this!

- Save your power-ups! Alien streaks are hard to get, but not that hard if you have the Lead Balloon power-up!

- Some aliens are easier to defeat with different balloon shapes. Experiment with different balloon shapes and see what works best for you.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

lilsh0rtii445

This is going to be a definite auto game.

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on July 09, 2010, 12:38:56 PM
CORECTION

BUY AUTO
START AUTO

rolleyes.gif
Homer

You and I have the exact same idea.

Pogo releases new game. I buy the cheat and run until it is ranked out.
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Mayhem

Not everyone on this site uses cheats though .. so I figured this tutorial will give them a jump start when the game is released  tumbsup.gif

harley89

Auto for me  I cant walk and chew gum at the same time.  Not going to try to hold drag right left on my own

Mistyeyed

sounds like another boring game from pogo again..thats all they have been giving us..about the only one i enjoy playing is clue and they charge you for most of them..the ones you like you have to pay extra for..

MsMissy

This sounds like ill have to have an Auto. Im with Harley on this game .& Homer LOL  coffee.gif

Sue

Very few games do I even attempt to play without an auto.
I may attempt this only to clear my stats and let the auto take over.

Sometimes it is nice believing I at least tried the game....or trying to trick my brain into thinking I did, at least.

Sue

BTW has anyone played this on the beta side and if so can you give us any feedback?

twinkle6590

ok i have searched all over and I know at one time I saw where the date of this game comes out. I have yet to find it now and was wondering if you could tell me when it comes out please ?  I apologize for a repeat of this question but I am not finding it anywhere. thanks for the help.

Homer

Quote from: twinkle6590 on July 15, 2010, 11:36:24 AM
ok i have searched all over and I know at one time I saw where the date of this game comes out. I have yet to find it now and was wondering if you could tell me when it comes out please ?  I apologize for a repeat of this question but I am not finding it anywhere. thanks for the help.

the 14th  tongue.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

rosejacky37

the game is not there...maybe i'm blind... help.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Mayhem

The game has not been released yet.

C~M

Quote from: rosejacky37 on July 15, 2010, 08:26:38 PM
the game is not there...maybe i'm blind... help.gif sad.gif sad.gif

There is a forum joke that has been around for a loonngggg time.  Whenever someone asks when a game or badge book etc. is coming out, it is always the 14th.

rosejacky37

thanks...was looking everywhere... tumbsup.gif

twinkle6590

Quote from: Homer on July 15, 2010, 01:28:42 PM
the 14th  tongue.gif

Thank you kind sir... lol i looked all over ..i really did  dancing16.gif

Squid