This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Site Updates!

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Last night I was able to finish updating all non-forum pages. The pages should load much quicker now. If you see any weird alignment issues, let me know.

Also, the forum word censor has been lifted for 99% of the cheat sites - so feel free to talk about your favorite autos!

Please keep in mind that any forum topic or post made for the sole purpose of advertising -or- being hostile towards any auto maker will be deleted.

On another note - I've had requests in the past to enable the Karma / Reputation feature. Is this something you guys are still interested in?

If you have any ideas or suggestions for the site, please post them in this thread!
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

mycatownsme

What is the Karma/Reputation feature? I don't know anything about this.
Lin  embarrassed.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: mycatownsme on November 12, 2013, 12:02:28 PM
What is the Karma/Reputation feature? I don't know anything about this.
Lin  embarrassed.gif

Karma is a feature that shows the popularity of a member. Members (if allowed) can 'applaud' or 'smite' other members, which is how their popularity is calculated.

Your Karma shows up under your name in your profile. Also, I can disable the "smite" feature (and rename the 'applaud' and 'smite' links to anything else).

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on November 12, 2013, 11:21:14 AM
... word censor has been lifted for 99% of the cheat sites

May we know what you would like us to avoid?

Karma / Reputation feature. Is this something you guys are still interested in?

Aside from calculating popularity or lack thereof, is there any other purpose?  Are "applauds"  or "smites"  done anonymously? 

Mayhem

Quote from: Squid on November 12, 2013, 12:27:37 PM
May we know what you would like us to avoid?

I would mention which sites to avoid, but they are pretty much no-name and have fallen off the radar - so I don't believe anyone would mention them anyways. You will know if/when you see them word censored.

Aside from calculating popularity or lack thereof, is there any other purpose?  Are "applauds"  or "smites"  done anonymously?  

No other purpose really, just an added feature that was requested over the years. The "applauds"  and "smites"  are done anonymously and are limited to once per hour per person.

Yoming 2

I applaud Mayhem and smite all those asking for free pogo passes in their first post.......... hysterical.gif        

Sue

Also, the forum word censor has been lifted for 99% of the cheat sites - so feel free to talk about your favorite autos!

Thanks Ken!!!

snap20

I say turn on the applauds and smites! I'd like to be able to applaud those that help on a regular basis (which is just about everyone).

tumbsup.gif

ozcar

Quote from: Yoming 2 on November 12, 2013, 12:50:15 PM

I applaud Mayhem and smite all those asking for free pogo passes....... hysterical.gif         

Dang it Yoming, the feature hasn't yet been enabled and you're smiting me already. 

Hmmmm, wonder what the 'Report to Moderator' button do. 

C~M

Quote from: ozcar on November 12, 2013, 05:13:11 PM
Dang it Yoming, the feature hasn't yet been enabled and you're smiting me already. 

Hmmmm, wonder what the 'Report to Moderator' button do. 

That has been there and it reports the post to the Admin since there are no mods here. You also have to give a reason for the report. I use it to report people who post their email or Pogo name. Also use it to report people being nasty or trying to give out bad info that can get you in trouble. lol

C~M

Last night I was able to finish updating all non-forum pages. The pages should load much quicker now. If you see any weird alignment issues, let me know.

Please keep in mind that any forum topic or post made for the sole purpose of advertising -or- being hostile towards any auto maker will be deleted.

On another note - I've had requests in the past to enable the Karma / Reputation feature. Is this something you guys are still interested in?

If you have any ideas or suggestions for the site, please post them in this thread!

So I can really post about Annabelle's Autos over at BW?

If so, Thanks alot for this!!

Mayhem

Quote from: Crazy~Man on November 12, 2013, 05:21:46 PM
So I can really post about Annabelle's Autos over at BW?

If so, Thanks alot for this!!

Yes - but technically a post like that falls under "Please keep in mind that any forum topic or post made for the sole purpose of advertising -or- being hostile towards any auto maker will be deleted."

C~M

Quote from: Mayhem on November 12, 2013, 05:38:57 PM
Yes - but technically a post like that falls under "Please keep in mind that any forum topic or post made for the sole purpose of advertising -or- being hostile towards any auto maker will be deleted."

Aww, it isn't advertising, she hates me, lol, I just know the autos work the best.

PS, I noticed you had deleted my post in your help topic where I asked where someone got the Windows 11 at since I only know about the latest version Windows 8.1 formally Windows Blue.

Mayhem

Quote from: Crazy~Man on November 12, 2013, 06:17:58 PM
PS, I noticed you had deleted my post in your help topic where I asked where someone got the Windows 11 at since I only know about the latest version Windows 8.1 formally Windows Blue.

When did you post that? I haven't deleted anything in some time ... nothing is showing in the recycling bin either.

C~M

Quote from: Mayhem on November 12, 2013, 06:46:12 PM
When did you post that? I haven't deleted anything in some time ... nothing is showing in the recycling bin either.

Pretty sure it was either yesterday or the day before. I figured you just wanted relevant replies to your topic so I didn't say anything about it. It isn't a big deal, if it had of been I would of PM'ed you about it like I always do.

I also haven't seen Homer on in a while. Is he OK? I noticed his last post was on: July 08, 2013, 04:14:34 pm even though he was on today around 6pm.

ozcar

Quote from: Crazy~Man on November 12, 2013, 05:20:14 PM
That has been there and it reports the post to the Admin since there are no mods here. You also have to give a reason for the report. I use it to report people who post their email or Pogo name. Also use it to report people being nasty or trying to give out bad info that can get you in trouble. lol

I know, was just being sarcastic, if you want to call it that.

Yoming 2

Quote from: ozcar on November 12, 2013, 07:52:56 PM
I know, was just being sarcastic, if you want to call it that.

I have modified my post......so now you shouldn't  feel smited or smoted or smitten    hysterical.gif    hysterical.gif   

Squid

Aside from calculating popularity or lack thereof, is there any other purpose?  Are "applauds"  or "smites"  done anonymously? 

Quote from: Mayhem on November 12, 2013, 12:45:30 PM

No other purpose really, just an added feature that was requested over the years. The "applauds"  and "smites"  are done anonymously and are limited to once per hour per person.

I think I'd like to try the karma feature.  My only hesitation is that people will react emotionally to it on both sides; posters may use the feature as retaliatory for some reason and the person receiving that treatment (whether deserved or not) may have feelings hurt.  Anyway, I think maybe a trial period would be interesting.   magnifier.gif

Squid

Quote from: Yoming 2 on November 12, 2013, 08:49:34 PM

I have modified my post......so now you shouldn't  feel smited or smoted or smitten    hysterical.gif    hysterical.gif   
I'd like to be smitten!  A smitten kitten!  cat64.gif

Squid

Quote from: Crazy~Man on November 12, 2013, 07:22:29 PM
I also haven't seen Homer on in a while. Is he OK? I noticed his last post was on: July 08, 2013, 04:14:34 pm even though he was on today around 6pm.

I have emailed him two or three times in the past 2 or 3 months asking if he is ok.  I have not gotten a response.  I hope he's alright.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview