PlayBuddy
April 26, 2024, 06:05:02 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

problem for the computer genius peep to figure out.

Started by gran2x2,

Previous topic - Next topic

gran2x2

OK...I use chrome and BW auto's mostly. Chrome for some reason is not updating my pogo games with the newer graphics in the games so autos will not run. Does anyone know why this is happening with chrome. I get the newer graphics with IE and Opera and FF..just chrome gives me probs and I like it the best.....

Squid

At first I thought you were directing your question to me.  Then I read the question and realized you were not.  It hurts to not be a genius.  white flag.gif embarrassed.gif

gran2x2

I am a pc dummy too...not an idiot but a dummy...That's why I am asking for help..   giggle2.gif

disneyland lady

I have a degree in electronics but it was from 1974 - sorry! I have built computers - lots of them but if you are talking about Win 8 I am clueless. I used to be able to talk techie but Win 8 sorta messed that all up for me. I will say that I recently had issues with my PC (Win 7) and Java. I did all the uninstall java - reinstall java - install old java but in order to fix it I had to completely remove Chrome (my browser of choice), reboot and reinstall.

I miss the old Apple II dos days - brun, bsave, bload..... so simple and yet it worked.....of course all I was playing was pong or boulderdash.

C~M

Open Chrome and click the top right button (3 black lines) then click about Google Chrome It will check to see if there is an update to the browser and if so it will download it and then ask to restart to install it.

That is all I can think of. Also, some of the BW autos don't work, like I tried Crappy with Hog Heaven Slots and it tells me to put mouse on Bet Max and when I do it doesn't take over. I have to use PB's auto for it.

gran2x2

I have the prob in hog slots too..I have the old graphics in that game...Crazy maybe you do too...I have done all the chrome re install etc..didn't make a diff. I just use opera for it and the BW auto works fine.

Yoming 2

Quote from: gran2x2 on December 07, 2014, 01:24:39 PM
I have the prob in hog slots too..I have the old graphics in that game...Crazy maybe you do too...I have done all the chrome re install etc..didn't make a diff. I just use opera for it and the BW auto works fine.

Gran~~~I just went into Hog with Chrome and used the auto.....I did have the new graphics.    I hope you figure out what's wrong...maybe go to Pogo forum and post to see what other people say.     elf2.gif

S1lent

Greetings,
Once I find something that works...I stick with it.  I still have Windows 7 on my two main computers and use Chrome.  If I run into trouble I run "CCleaner Free" and "PC Tools / Performance Toolkit"  they seem to clear up  any problems.  I also clear my JAVA and Flash Player.

Good Luck
S1lent

snap20

Try to clear your internet history/cache and then close Chrome and open it again. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582?hl=en

You might want to delete your cookies too. If you use Chrome as your main browser, you'll lose all your active logins that way though. So any site you finish after you delete them, you'll have to log back in.

Make sure it's up to date as Crazy Man mentioned too.

gran2x2

have done all the cache /cookies cleaning etc...BW has been trying for months to figure out why some people have old graphics and most have new...Same pc and same java but 1 browser has new and another has old...makes no sense at all.

snap20

After doing a bit of research, it looks like this is a bug that has been in Chrome for quite a long time. There's no rhyme or reason to it, that anyone has found (that I've seen anyway). Here's is one option, just to see if it actually works:

"Open Chrome Developer Tools (F12). Click the settings icon (a gear in the bottom right corner). Check "Disable cache". Now when you browse with your Developer tools open caching is disabled."

Note, that you *have* to leave the Developer tools window open in order to try it. Maybe try that and see if the new images load.

That's probably about the last thing I can suggest, as anything else would be beyond my knowledge. If you (or someone else) wants to dive in, here is the site I found the info on - http://superuser.com/questions/89809/how-to-force-refresh-without-cache-in-google-chrome

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview