Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Uninstalling Chrome

Started by Yoming 2,

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoming 2

swear2.gif    swear2.gif     swear2.gif  

I had to uninstall Chrome this a.m.   Every time I tried to use it up popped a notice  from Comcast   ( or so it said ) with a phone # saying I needed to call for tech support.........it is a scam.   The culprit is TRAFFIQUIM OR TRAFFIKIM.      It is a big time invader.  

I done research and tried to remove it from Chrome but nothing helped..............so being the old lady that I am...I just said  bubblegum.gif and uninstalled Chrome.  

Anybody with any ideas how to get rid of this stinking virus????  

I can't use malwarebytes cause I used my free trial already.  I am using free trial of Kaspersky.  

In the meantime................... swear2.gif     swear2.gif     swear2.gif                                                                   hysterical.gif

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

I'm considering totally uninstalling chrome because it isn't good in pogo and it isn't supporting parts of Acrobat Reader, which I need for my job.  I loved Chrome, too... wish they would continue supporting these sites/programs.

snap20

I can't find anything on Google with those two names...are you sure of the spelling/name?

Also, check your add/remove programs to see if anything new has been installed. Sometimes you can just remove it there.

Did find this, might be useful - http://malwarerescue.com/remove-warning-comcast-cable-customer-popups/

I'd skip the "Spyhunter" install though...probably just trying to sell it to you.

Edit: And make sure if you uninstall chrome, you do a full uninstall, including personal settings/options as well as when you reinstall, make sure you reinstall from scratch and do a fresh, new install.

Yoming 2

Quick Way to Remove Traffiqim.xyz - Malware Removal Tool
fixwindowspconline.com/traffiqim-xyz-removal/
10 hours ago - I have this Traffiqim.xyz popup virus on my computer and I cant figure out how to remove it. It is not in my extensions on Google Chrome, its not ...

Lots of stuff on google for this mess.............I do not download any thing I don't understand.  1st thing I done was the add/remove thingy. 

Mayhem..thanx for the link to malwarebytes...I had downloaded that this a.m. and it was scanning.  I went outside to mow the yard,,came back in and nothing.  But then I looked closer and Windows had shut down everything after doing an update.  So back I go and do it all over.  Had 7 little goodies I had to get rid of....hope the right one was bounced.
I will do without Chrome for a minute or two...I went back to Torch. 

Thanx to all for the feedback................. cheesy.gif     Such a nice group of people.... tumbsup.gif

snap20

Looks like the Malwarebytes should do the trick on that particular malware. :)

disneyland lady

I find Torch to be a good substitute for Chrome and works with most autos. It needs less clicking than other browsers. When I first got it some ads would stretch across the page but there is an easy fix to remove them forever. Also it allows AdBlockPlus so I could remove all those "People You Might Know" off Facebook.

Squid

I find Torch to be too similar to chrome.  They are both chromium browsers?  I run into the same problems... 
I'm trying FireFox and Opera. 

Yoming 2

Quote from: Squid on August 03, 2015, 04:29:42 PM
I find Torch to be too similar to chrome.  They are both chromium browsers?  I run into the same problems... 
I'm trying FireFox and Opera. 

I now use Torch as a secondary browser.....as I help other people with badges I can log them in and work on their badges without having to log in and out.   I use Opera for my badges and stuff and Firefox for my bookmarks that I already have in place.  Opera seems to do o.k. so I'll keep it until crap happens.   I logged into I.E. just to check it out and it keeps telling me I don't have Java installed...............wrong-o mary lou....  tease.gif   giggle2.gif

Squid

I installed Windows 10 on my new laptop that had 8.1.  IE is gone!  It feels strange not to have it.  Now they have EDGE, which is different.  I haven't played enough with it yet.

S1lent

Greetings,
Not sure about laptops, but the desktops still have Internet Explorer. Just ask "Cortana" where she is hiding it from you.  Once you open IE, just right-click and put it in start or task.  Yes, I do like IE much better.  In a month or so MicroSoft will update EDGE...should be much more better

Have a great day

Ken aka S1lent

essybee

has anyone used SeaMonkey as a browser? I understand it does allow Java games

Squid

Quote from: essybee on October 08, 2015, 07:11:28 AM
I guess I'm not browser savvy, I've never heard of it.

Stinkerbell

I used to use SeaMonkey ALL the time!!!!! Maybe I'll give it another go-around. I didn't install it when I got this computer about a year ago.

SeaMonkey is a Mozilla product.

AustinBennett

Opera works well with all Pogo games. Nice browser and fast. tumbsup.gif

essybee

thank you , I shall try that  cheerleading.gif
Quote from: AustinBennett on October 09, 2015, 03:42:35 AM
Opera works well with all Pogo games. Nice browser and fast. tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview