This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Firefox No Longer Supports Java

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

C~M

Firefox has officially dropped support for Java, as of Firefox version 52 and higher. There is no workaround within Firefox either.
Pogo is recommending the latest version of Internet Explorer 11 for accessing Java games.

http://news.pogo.com/important-update-firefox-no-longer-supports-java/

Squid

catfancie

Thanks for the info.  They want all browsers working on every newer device.  So doing away with Flash and Java. 

C~M

Flash will still be around for a long time, but Java is to vulnerable and hackers can exploit java very easily.

AustinBennett

I'm still running on version 51. I assume the newer version hasn't yet been installed automatically or people would be complaining. If you wish to keep playing the java games on Firefox go to menu/options/advanced/update and uncheck auto update. If you wait and version 52 is installed, java will be disabled and won't work on those games. I'm not sure if the older version can be reinstalled short of doing a system restore.

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

raine56

I have been prioritizing my Java badges in case IE decides to jump ship.  I have downloaded the earlier version of opera.  I didn't realise until I specifically went looking just how many of the older java game badges I still had to do.  My main account is completely up to date but my secondary one is lagging way behind.  Luckily PB works really well with the older challenges.  Well, all except Pool Buddy which just sits there and says no games active Lmao.  It is a classic though.  However I tried BW and it works like a champ. So now I have my task organised, to work for me. lol

Rendassor

I didn't notice that, one more reason not to update the Firefox

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview