PlayBuddy
May 06, 2024, 11:20:30 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Master Badge in pinochle

Started by pogomaster6923,

Previous topic - Next topic

kessler

I played a few 500 pt games and got my rating up to 1623 so far. Am I better off playing 500 pt hands slowly or playing 150 point hands for quicker games? Does the amt of rating points go up slower then? I'm a bit confused...

kessler

Just played a game and answered my own question. Silly me ;D

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

do you get more points for a 500 point game or can you play 100 point games and get the same points?

kessler

my "opponents" ranking points are getting kinda low but.. I just played a 500 pt hand and drew 12 points, and then I played a 100 pt hand and drew only 3 points. Stick to the 500 O0

Adacia

I played 100 and 500 pt. rounds. I really don't see how it matters. 5 100 pt. rounds seemed to be about equal with playing. The fastest way to nab rating points there is to beat someone with a higher score ranking. Having a good partner(s) also helps.

If I played someone that had a 1600 ranking I was averaging about 1 to 2 pts. after a win. If this person had 1800 or more I was averaging 5 to 6 points per win.

katieshunnybunny(rangerboy)

Adacia

I would, but after playing and getting that master badge, I'm burned out. I'm only rank 32 and just cannot bring myself to play.

Use a double browser if you think it will help you. There is plenty of info here you can look up. If you have a partner that can also use a db, you are set. I would recommend that as you and one other player are helping each other out. You can play against bots and always come out on top. You aren't putting unknowing players at an unfair disadvantage either.

One person get atleast to 'Expert' rating. That player can start losing to you and you both get expert. Keep that method up, and you will be master in no time. Like I said before, if you play someone that hasn't even gotten their 'I' badge yet, you will get less rating points.

In the end, I was creating players, via guest passes, and ranking them up. Then I would rank them down and steal their points. It may seem like a waste of time, but it truly isn't. It takes alot longer to rank playing someone with less rating points. Plus if you are on a guest pass and a partner doing the same, you are not in fear of getting reported. You have a full room and no one else can be a party pooper. Best of luck....I know you can do it.

hereatic555

i only have one club pogo name and i need to get my rating up from 1492 to 2001 anyone have some advice or some way to help?

texan

wish i did have some advice....all i have is my intermediate badge...still trying to get others..not doin very well either lol
Hugs
Tex

AbCdEfMONKEY

I Know Someone Wants To Help Me ;D I Can Tell ;)...LOL.... >:D

kessler

YAY!!! Got my Expert badge tonight.. took me all day to get 100 lousy points. I'm gonna keep bangin em out though, and hopefully get the master soon! I've been drawing off my other club account, now have it built back up to a 1580 rating, but my poor sad guest players are almot down to 1400... and it's my second set of guest friends... Hopefully I'll make it, I have 3 more guest passes left. I sure wish they gave those passes out more often. :'(

kessler

Thank you so much Barbara! And to think just 2 days ago my rating was 1462 :o

Barbara

You dazzle me with your spunky attitude.  I can't wait to hear that you got the Master badge.

tmonsteriii

i was wondering what i am doing wrong in pinochle i played 11 straight games and lost all 11, i was up to 1699 now down to 13 something, can someone help, i have my advanced badge and i cannot seem to even get back up to the 1500's.  pogo seems so one sided with meld, i have good partners and i am a good player, but i keep losing any hints anyone.  thank you in advance for the help

LucsWind

Double browsing doesnt work does it?  I thought you had to have 4 players to play a rated game.

Barbara

Yes, Pinochle is a four player game, best played with two people double browsing or with two people who have 2 computers each and one auto each to run.

holly222

Barb, you have such tasty pics ... I had to go on a donut run last week, now I got to get me a pie......... ;D

bratsbemykids

I am willing to help anyone get the master badge if they in return help me too....my current rank is 1500 something or other, just wanted to let you know that i am here if anyone wants to get together and do this...and if someone can explain again how to do the double browsing thing I would be happy to do that with someone who can do it too....i was looking for the topic on double browsing but i cant seem to find it anywhere....I am home all day so I have the time to help.....

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview