PlayBuddy
May 14, 2024, 10:37:46 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Need help with Java setting for Games

Started by BJCastnerga,

Previous topic - Next topic

BJCastnerga

I am having problems with what I believe to be Java. I have been playing JigSaw lately and I can get through one puzzle but when I finish it the next puzzle will not show up.Everything shows up but the pieces.I try to click the hint button just to see what it will do and the the gameroom creashes and it takes me to a pages telling me to clear out my cache and everything then to uncheck JIT and all of that.Well I didnt have VM I was using SUN I tried everything it told me and I even tried downloading VM but that still didnt work.Well now I am trying to play a game I never played before Battle Phlinx.That game will not let me get past the Lets play screen. And if it does let me past that it is after the game is over after I have lost.(how lovely huh.)I just need to know if I have my settings wrong or what.Or what settings to have it on and how to do it.Sorry to write a story about my problem but I guess you need to have most of the details.Thanks for any help you can give me.It gets really irritating having to go in and out of the Jigsaw everytime I want to play a new puzzle and I really want to try battle phlinx.

This is the error I get for Jig Saw and I have tried it all a few times!
"The following error has occurred:
The Applet Encountered a Programming Error (Cripes!)
Explanation:
This error usually indicates one of the following; the applet has been corrupted in your cache, there's a bug in your browser or there's a bug in our applet.

How to Fix the Problem:
The most common cause of this error occurs when your copy of the applet is corrupted. So the first thing you should do is clear your browser's cache and see if this fixes the problem.

Pull down the Tools menu and choose "Internet Options"
Click on the General tab.
Click on the Delete Files button in the "Temporary Internet Files" section and then click OK when the dialog box appears.
Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
Exit and relaunch Internet Explorer.
You might also need to turn off your Java JIT compiler. Here's how to do that:

Pull down the Tools menu and choose "Internet Options"
Click on the Advanced tab.
Scroll down to the "Java VM" subhead and make sure "Java JIT compiler enabled" is unchecked.
Click the OK button.
After clearing your cache, you need to quit and restart your browser. If you don't quit the browser, your cache will not be completely cleared out.

If this doesn't seem to solve your problem, try rebooting your computer.

If this does not fix the problem, you may have a caching proxy server between you and our web server. To see if this is the case, check the proxy setting for your browser. If there is a proxy server set, try turning it off. Then clear your cache again as described above, and quit and restart your browser to see if it fixes the problem.

If this does not fix the problem, your browser may not be installed properly. Try re-installing your browser.

You can also try doing what's known as a "Super-Reload". Shift-click the Reload button (option-click on the Mac). This may help fix the problem."

Homer

Your game files may be corrupt.

Go to:

Tools
Internet Options
Settings
View Objects
A new window will appear with all your pogo game files. Find the one for Jigsaw and delete it.
Click ok to close everything then restart your browser and try the game again.

In regards to the Cripes! error the only thing I know that will help is slowing down the auto and even that is not foolproof.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Country Lady

If Homers instructions don't work, try using a different browser, lik Firefox and see if that will work.
Jigsaw is very slow for me if I use microsoft java, I always use sun for that game.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview