PlayBuddy
May 05, 2024, 09:12:08 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pointless

Started by krakka,

Previous topic - Next topic

RowdyOne

the name of the badge was "Round the world super badge issued on March 10,2004".

cranky

MidnightToker62

I too was one of the first ones to join. I remember sitting at the computer refreshing over and over waiting for the site to come back online.
It's changed so much since then that I am seriously considering not renewing my membership.

Although I have gifted quite a few Premium albums I have not bought them for myself. It made the people I gave them to quite happy but just doesn't seem to excite me at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making a buck but Pogo had (has) many other options.

They say they gave people what they wanted...more badges. Yeah, the opportunity to PAY for more badges. I never heard anyone ask for that. I did hear a lot of people say they would pay for old challenge badges. Now there's an idea..pick 4 old challenges for $2.99. Those of us who joined early paid for them..fair is fair.
Point is they could have made money from that idea.

How about the option to change your screen name and keep all your badges, stats, etc? I'd pay for that. Just think of all the idjits on Pogo that can't keep their mouths shut and would have to constantly keep changing their names cuz they made asses of themselves. Big money right there.

They could have made people pay for those stupid minis that don't look like real people at all.

I for one would pay a freakin fortune to be able to be invisible or to be able to control who puts me on their friends list.

Yeah, I guess the badges are pointless so play for the challenge of it for yourself. I just choose the option of not showing any badge. My teeny tiny protest known only to me.....

~toker~

knightrider13195

Quote from: MidnightToker62 on January 08, 2006, 09:53:44 PM
I too was one of the first ones to join. I remember sitting at the computer refreshing over and over waiting for the site to come back online.
It's changed so much since then that I am seriously considering not renewing my membership.

Although I have gifted quite a few Premium albums I have not bought them for myself. It made the people I gave them to quite happy but just doesn't seem to excite me at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making a buck but Pogo had (has) many other options.

They say they gave people what they wanted...more badges. Yeah, the opportunity to PAY for more badges. I never heard anyone ask for that. I did hear a lot of people say they would pay for old challenge badges. Now there's an idea..pick 4 old challenges for $2.99. Those of us who joined early paid for them..fair is fair.
Point is they could have made money from that idea.

How about the option to change your screen name and keep all your badges, stats, etc? I'd pay for that. Just think of all the idjits on Pogo that can't keep their mouths shut and would have to constantly keep changing their names cuz they made asses of themselves. Big money right there.

They could have made people pay for those stupid minis that don't look like real people at all.

I for one would pay a freakin fortune to be able to be invisible or to be able to control who puts me on their friends list.

Yeah, I guess the badges are pointless so play for the challenge of it for yourself. I just choose the option of not showing any badge. My teeny tiny protest known only to me.....

~toker~

Actually pogo does offer a nickname transfer service for a fee. Its $30 for up to 3 accounts into 1.

quote from pogo " What is the charge if I want to transfer access to multiple accounts from the same person using the Account Access Transfer Program?

Answer
  If you acquire access to multiple accounts from the same person you can get them all officially transferred as one transaction (up to 3 accounts per transfer). There will be only one transfer fee charged to you.

What is the Account Access Transfer program?

Answer
  The Account Access Transfer program is a Premium Account Service that allows players to safely transfer or trade accounts for our Online Games.

When an account is transferred or traded using the Account Access Transfer Program:

All previous billing information is removed from the account
Any warning or other misconduct recorded on the account is deleted
New billing information is placed on the account to help ensure that the account can be legitimately used by the new owner
If you've acquired access to an account without using the Account Access Transfer Program, we have no record or proof that the account can be legitimately used by you, or that the player who created the account has given you permission to use the account name and password.
By going through this transfer process, EA can verify that the account is in your name and ensure that the new owner can continue to enjoy the new account for years to come

How do I transfer my EA Online account to another user?

Answer
  Electronic Arts now offers customers the opportunity to transfer their EA Online accounts to other users for a small fee of $30. When you transfer an EA Online account, you are transferring ALL subscriptions tied to that account. For example, if you subscribe to The Sims Online and Club Pogo, BOTH of those subscriptions will be transferred along with your EA Online account.

Please take a look at the official Account Access Transfer Program document attached at the bottom of this page. It will answer all your questions and provide links to the forms necessary to complete the transfer. The form can be downloaded below in the file attachments section."

this info can be found in the pogo help section when you do an advanced search "account transfer"

Julie

Quote from: krakka on January 08, 2006, 04:50:58 PM
It might just be me, but after pogo started making personal challenges and started coming out with all these new games and badges, the badges kinda became pointless. Its not like i dont like playing and earning them anymore. Its just now that there are all of these badges out here, everyone has all the same badges, and everyone is basically doing the same game as everyone else, and the same thing. It's almost gotten to the point that some games i dont wanna play just cuz everyone already has that badge and ill just be another person with it, you know nothing special. for example Jigsaw Detective, right away everyone started playing that game and caught up and got all the badges and are just waiting for next month to get the next months, when everyone has it, you just think you are the same as that person, and have to do something better than them, or get a badge they dont have, but someone else already has it, back when club pogo first came out you never had that problem, because you could never go back and do a challenge so at that time i always "wore" my tsunami badge, and no1 else had it, now i look at a room and at least 1 person is "wearing" it. Maybe it is just me, the only thing i can do is try to get WWW cuz only about 100-200 people have that badge total. Anyone else no what i am talkin about

- krakka

Quote from: princess on January 08, 2006, 07:29:46 PM
I am of the opinion that pogo should retire some of the older badges and make it so they can't be won anymore. I am a minority in that opinion however. I joined club pogo on day one and in the old days it was more of an honor to show your badges. Now everyone has them and can get them if they want to. I think it would be cool to retire some of the older original badges and make them unavailable, then the people who had those would be unique. JMHO. Please don't flame me! :-*
That's a little elitist don't you think? and I'm sensing a case of deja vu here...

http://www.pogocheats.net/forum/index.php/topic,8874.msg55770.html#msg55770

Irrespective of when one joins, I along with everybody else pay our fee to play club pogo each month or year or whatever so therefor we are entitled to whatever badges are on offer.  Pogo no doubt have left all the older badges up to be fair to everyone and as added incentive for new members to spend their money and join :)

ME4SPADES_

i didnt know that was even there going to go look alot of changing would be very caution on it changing from one to another

*Angel*

Good memory or research skills, Gemini.  It did sound like I heard it before.  Now I know why.  ;)

Quote from: GeminiGirl on January 09, 2006, 05:36:48 AM
Quote from: krakka on January 08, 2006, 04:50:58 PM
It might just be me, but after pogo started making personal challenges and started coming out with all these new games and badges, the badges kinda became pointless. Its not like i dont like playing and earning them anymore. Its just now that there are all of these badges out here, everyone has all the same badges, and everyone is basically doing the same game as everyone else, and the same thing. It's almost gotten to the point that some games i dont wanna play just cuz everyone already has that badge and ill just be another person with it, you know nothing special. for example Jigsaw Detective, right away everyone started playing that game and caught up and got all the badges and are just waiting for next month to get the next months, when everyone has it, you just think you are the same as that person, and have to do something better than them, or get a badge they dont have, but someone else already has it, back when club pogo first came out you never had that problem, because you could never go back and do a challenge so at that time i always "wore" my tsunami badge, and no1 else had it, now i look at a room and at least 1 person is "wearing" it. Maybe it is just me, the only thing i can do is try to get WWW cuz only about 100-200 people have that badge total. Anyone else no what i am talkin about

- krakka

Quote from: princess on January 08, 2006, 07:29:46 PM
I am of the opinion that pogo should retire some of the older badges and make it so they can't be won anymore. I am a minority in that opinion however. I joined club pogo on day one and in the old days it was more of an honor to show your badges. Now everyone has them and can get them if they want to. I think it would be cool to retire some of the older original badges and make them unavailable, then the people who had those would be unique. JMHO. Please don't flame me! :-*
That's a little elitist don't you think? and I'm sensing a case of deja vu here...

http://www.pogocheats.net/forum/index.php/topic,8874.msg55770.html#msg55770

Irrespective of when one joins, I along with everybody else pay our fee to play club pogo each month or year or whatever so therefor we are entitled to whatever badges are on offer.  Pogo no doubt have left all the older badges up to be fair to everyone and as added incentive for new members to spend their money and join :)

princess

And I said, I know I am in the minority here!

harley89

I like the harder challenges  to see if I can do it without using auto

DoubleOscotty

Wow... I think I'm about to insult some people with this but don't you think some of you are being selfish. Do you guys REALLY care so much what an anonymous person thinks of your badge album? I've been a member since before the personal challenges but after the badge thing came out and if someone had a badge I didn't, all that meant was they were members before me. big deal.

Before all this, what did you pay for... two badges a week, new games (some with badges). You are still getting that. If you find it pointless now, maybe you've been playing pogo too much. Take a few weeks off and come back.

I play the challenges for me and me alone. They are never going to do anything for you except that moment of gratification on a more difficult one. (They look terrible on a resume)

Blu

Quote from: DoubleOscotty on January 09, 2006, 08:29:00 AM
Wow... I think I'm about to insult some people with this but don't you think some of you are being selfish. Do you guys REALLY care so much what an anonymous person thinks of your badge album? I've been a member since before the personal challenges but after the badge thing came out and if someone had a badge I didn't, all that meant was they were members before me. big deal.

Before all this, what did you pay for... two badges a week, new games (some with badges). You are still getting that. If you find it pointless now, maybe you've been playing pogo too much. Take a few weeks off and come back.

I play the challenges for me and me alone. They are never going to do anything for you except that moment of gratification on a more difficult one. (They look terrible on a resume)

I agree, thats all I got.

pogohatesme

The only time I ever look at someones badge album is if they have a cool little badge next to their name and it makes me curious as to what game they played to win it. 

pogohatesme

Quote from: MidnightToker62 on January 08, 2006, 07:14:56 PM
I gotta agree some on this point. When Club Pogo started, badges were a point of pride and honor. It was all important to get those badges and never miss a challenge. Everyone trying to keep up with the crowd. I gave up after wasting 3 months finishing Pop Fu degrees for NO badge!

Then along came the "bad people who do things that are illegal that we won't talk about." All rank badges in the same day......get the picture?

Then Pogo comes out with the mobile badges, leaving out a significant percentage of the paying members.

Now the Premiums, again leaving another percentage of the community out.

Everyone started out on a level playing field and now its more what "illegal knowledge" you possess and how big your wallet is.

And I am not talking about auto usage because it actually helped to keep the playing field level allowing players to play the games they suck at or just plain hate.

Anymore i don't concern myself with badges from games I don't like. I play the ones I do like and rank up there. After I finish those I'll mosey on over to Badgehelp and well....... get some badge help.
~toker~

I don't know why people are complaining that they've come out with preimum badges and mobile badges.  Big freaking deal.  If you don't have a cell phone that can play the games or a cell phone carrier that has them, get over it, or change your cell phones.  I for one am glad that I don't have a cell phone that can get the games because it seems like there are tons of kinks in that system still. 

And the same with the Premium Badges.  NEWS FLASH:  They're are available to everyone who wants to pay for them!  If you can afford to buy "autos" then you can obvisouly afford to buy badge albums seeing as how they are cheaper than the actual autos themselves. 

I don't know why people can't accept that your getting what you paid for.  For your yearly membership your getting 3 challenges a week, exclusive games, and the option to buy even more extras.  Do you realize that there are people that actually can't afford to buy into the club part?  They only get to pay the free games...and they don't complain about it at all.

*Stepping off soap box now*  Sorry just had to get that outta my system....now going back to work on my FCS badges...which I enjoy the challenge of working on.

Shady Lady

I agree with pogohatesme.  With the exception ... I have played some games I hate just for the badge   :-[ I'm a badgeaholic

The new badges are available to those who want them. If someone wants them bad enough, then they'll figure out a way to afford them.

EeyoreCouldBMyTwin

Quote from: DoubleOscotty on January 09, 2006, 08:29:00 AM

I completely agree with you.

MidnightToker62

I for one was not complaining, just stating some facts and my OPINION of them.

I did end one post stating that I played for my personal challenge only. When it ceases to be a challenge to me I will quit.

My cell phone will play the mobile games. I also have a life and don't have the time. But contrary to popular belief, not everyone has a cell phone, the means to pay for it and extra $ for badges for it.

As for the premium albums I have not bought myself any because I have no interest in them. I have however gifted 32 of them to date. I could buy them for everyone on this board and not see a noticable dent in my checkbook. I never bitched that I was too poor to buy them or autos or a membership.

But consider this, while playing Penguin Blocks on Christmas Eve I witnessed a conversation between 2 people. They started out telling how they just HAD to buy the premiums. So, they are playing for premium paid badges  on a paid membership, on paid internet on a computer good enough to run Pogo games. They then go on to boohoo about not having nothing for their children for Christmas but $ store items. That is sickening. So Pogo is feeding on idiots like this.

The whole point of this thread was how badges are pointless. They are compared to what they started out to be. Club Pogo was advertising them as "show off your playing skills".
Now it's your playing skills, your auto use skills, your hacking skills,your ability to use a glitch skills, your ability to buy more badges skills, your ability to get someone else to get them for you skills.
So really the badges were pointless from the beginning.

Again, play for your enjoyment only, it IS pointless otherwise.

BoredNItaly

Quote from: MidnightToker62 on January 09, 2006, 12:34:02 PM

I did end one post stating that I played for my personal challenge only. When it ceases to be a challenge to me I will quit.

My cell phone will play the mobile games. I also have a life and don't have the time. But contrary to popular belief, not everyone has a cell phone, the means to pay for it and extra $ for badges for it.

As for the premium albums I have not bought myself any because I have no interest in them. I have however gifted 32 of them to date. I could buy them for everyone on this board and not see a noticable dent in my checkbook. I never bitched that I was too poor to buy them or autos or a membership.

But consider this, while playing Penguin Blocks on Christmas Eve I witnessed a conversation between 2 people. They started out telling how they just HAD to buy the premiums. So, they are playing for premium paid badges  on a paid membership, on paid internet on a computer good enough to run Pogo games. They then go on to boohoo about not having nothing for their children for Christmas but $ store items. That is sickening. So Pogo is feeding on idiots like this.

The whole point of this thread was how badges are pointless. They are compared to what they started out to be. Club Pogo was advertising them as "show off your playing skills".
Now it's your playing skills, your auto use skills, your hacking skills,your ability to use a glitch skills, your ability to buy more badges skills, your ability to get someone else to get them for you skills.

Very Well Said

Helen

You are right, its your opinion and I pretty much agree with your opinion.  If there is no enjoyment, what's the sense?

DoubleOscotty

The one thing you can't do is blame pogo for idiots that choose themselves over their children. When you buy a badge album, they are not going to check your background and send you an e-mail "Don't you think your money is better off spent _____"  People are expected to be responsible enough to know their priorities and when I read things like no money for kids, it sickens me as well. I'd go without whatever it took for my kid.

Anyway, I' think the topic went a little off it's original intent. Getting badges being pointless. In the grand scheme of things, it is. Play for yourself, like I said above.

Pogo is around to make money first and foremost. The badge concept makes alot of people play, longer then they probably would without them. If premium's, personal challenges, upgrades etc make it pointless for you then don't play. Getting a badge is a thing for yourself, not bragging rights

Eagles Fan

I agree with you 100% I don't think I could have said it better myself.  I was trying to put something together in my head for this post but you did it for me.  wtg

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview