PlayBuddy
May 04, 2024, 11:28:00 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NASCAR

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a NASCAR fan?

Yes
100 (74.1%)
No
35 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Monkey

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Tara

Quote from: Homer on June 01, 2008, 10:42:30 AM
GO JEFFY GO!!!  :?:

Hurry! Hurry! Turn the channel....Flava Flav 3's reunion show is on.  :))   It's gotta be more exciting than watching cars go in circles, wasting gas, and polluting our air.

Homer

Quote from: Tara on June 01, 2008, 12:25:13 PM
Hurry! Hurry! Turn the channel....Flava Flav 3's reunion show is on.  :))   It's gotta be more exciting than watching cars go in circles, wasting gas, and polluting our air.

Saw it already. I'm having more fun watching Junior wreck his car. :)) :)) :))

Tara

Quote from: Homer on June 01, 2008, 12:29:28 PM
Saw it already. I'm having more fun watching Junior wreck his car. :)) :)) :))

Well in that case...keep watching.  :)))

Homer

Homer

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is well-loved and well-paid, but hasn't won in two years
Friday, June 6th 2008, 9:48 AM

Dale Earnhardt Jr. makes $27.2 million a year in earnings, but he's had zero wins to show for it in more than two years.

Junior hasn't quite been Earning his stripes lately.
A friend of mine has been repeating the fact for weeks now that Dale Earnhardt Jr., despite the team switch, despite the money, despite everything else, hasn't yet won a race.

And, he notes, he hasn't won in more than two years.

"I just don't see where he is that great," he says.

He's not alone.

Though he's sitting third in the points standings and had his fair share of bad luck, every week that goes by without a win, brings up talk of Earnhardt's winless streak.

"He never wins," the friend added, "he is the same thing NASCAR hated when [Matt] Kenseth won [the title]...He does laps."

No surprise, the friend fears the use of his name will launch an attack by members of the Junior Nation, which, race fans know, is as strong and vocal as the Kiss Army.

To be fair, despite the friend's fervent complaints, this season is far from a bomb for Earnhardt, by any stretch. Earnhardt is third in laps led, so there's a big difference between he and Kenseth, who in all of 2003 ranked 11th in laps led with 354. Earnhardt, through 13 races has led 527.

He's got five top-5 finishes and nine top-10s.

He's run well.

He's been spun by Kyle Busch.

He's been wrecked by others.

He's earned nearly $2 million in prize money.

He's had some bad luck.

Excuses aside, the fact is, after 13 races into the new season, Earnhardt's much-ballyhooed switch to Hendrick Motorsports - something that appeared to be a racing match made in heaven - hasn't paid off in the win column.

Earnhardt made nationwide headlines last season when he announced he would shift from the team formed by his late father, Dale Earnhardt Inc., to Hendrick's powerful stable of cars.

The move is a no-brainer. Hendrick has the most successful operation in racing. And, at the time the deal was announced, Hendrick's teams had outpaced everyone else in the development of the Car of Tomorrow.

Adding Earnhardt to the mix seemed like they'd be adding one more driver to victory lane.

Just not yet.

"Go back to last year, and the Hendrick organization was the hot organization," said Kyle Petty, who this weekend begins working the broadcast booth for TNT's NASCAR telecasts. "They were the team."

This year, Petty said, Hendrick is simply not as dominant overall. Yet, even below last year's standards, Earnhardt is better off.

"Junior is in twice as good a place as he was this time last year," Petty said. "He's still the most popular driver, and he's not won in two years. That's the way it is."

There's no doubt, Earnhardt is a hugely popular driver.

When he moves to the front in any race, the crowd goes crazy. There are as many cheers for Earnhardt, who hasn't won, as there are for Kyle Busch, who is spanking the field this season.

Earnhardt is also ranked 11th overall in Sports Illustrated's list of the Fortunate 50 US athletes, pulling in $27.2 million in earnings in a year. SI.com pegs his income coming from $5.2 million from winnings and $22 million from endorsements.

But wins are wins. And, even in a sport that puts a premium on consistency, at the end of the day, it's about doing the hat dance in Victory Lane. Given his long absence from Victory Lane, Earnhardt may need hat dance training.

"My point is," the friend says, "that he runs well but never well enough to win."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2008/06/04/2008-06-04_dale_earnhardt_jr_is_wellloved_and_wellp-1.html

:)) :)) :))

Homer

daveandjenn2002

Another week, another win by Kasey Kahne!  Woohoo!  :?:

Oh, and Junior STILL sucks!

daveandjenn2002

Today will test the theory on whether NASCAR is rigged or not.  Today is Fathers Day, and we all know what happened to the very talented Dale Earnhardt.  Now, let's see if NASCAR rigs the race so Earnhardts less talented son can "win" a race in his honor, or will he continue to just turn laps and not try to win.

Tara

Quote from: daveandjenn2002 on June 15, 2008, 08:28:08 AM
Today will test the theory on whether NASCAR is rigged or not.  Today is Fathers Day, and we all know what happened to the very talented Dale Earnhardt.  Now, let's see if NASCAR rigs the race so Earnhardts less talented son can "win" a race in his honor, or will he continue to just turn laps and not try to win.

Homer

GO JEFFY GO!!!   :?:

I wanna see Junior cry  girls18.gif

He always seems like he is gonna cry when they interview him about the streak after the race.  6_6.gif

daveandjenn2002

Roush drivers dominating at Michigan once again.  I'm just waiting for David Sterns script writers to come into play in the last 100 miles or so.  <:>

gator8_24

Quote from: daveandjenn2002 on June 15, 2008, 08:28:08 AM

:o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :!$ :!$ :!$ :!$ :!$ Hate a sorry loser!!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on June 15, 2008, 08:37:33 AM
GO JEFFY GO!!!   :?:

I wanna see Junior cry  girls18.gif

He always seems like he is gonna cry when they interview him about the streak after the race.  6_6.gif

:o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :!$ :!$ :!$ :!$ :!$ :!$   sore losers around here!!!!!!!!!

daveandjenn2002

Rigged.

I saw this one coming from 400 miles away.

Homer

Big deal he won "a" race.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

daveandjenn2002

Quote from: Homer on June 15, 2008, 02:13:16 PM
Big deal he won "a" race.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Only 63 more wins and he'll tie the sucky Jeff Gordon for wins.   :)))

Homer

Quote from: daveandjenn2002 on June 15, 2008, 02:18:34 PM
Only 63 more wins and he'll tie the sucky Jeff Gordon for wins.   :)))

At this rate it will take him 126 more years to catch Jeffy.

daveandjenn2002

Quote from: Homer on June 15, 2008, 02:25:45 PM
At this rate it will take him 126 more years to catch Jeffy.

But don't you know that Jeff and Jimmy suck, while Junior is God's gift to driving?

Just ask any Junior fan at the track, they'll tell you.  :))

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have nothing against Junior, it's his ignorant fans that refuse to acknowledge talent in other drivers, while having blinders on for their guy, that I have a problem with.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview