PlayBuddy
May 04, 2024, 06:55:14 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

March Madness

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

If PogoCheats had a March Madness contest would you play?

Yes
43 (89.6%)
No
5 (10.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Blu

Quote from: R E Y on March 24, 2006, 04:05:50 AM
Duke and Gonzaga lost ugg. A huge upset games by Redick and Morrison. Their career might be over in college to turn pro.
Redick is a senior, so he'll be going pro. Morrison needs to, Zags choke yearly. Awesome games last night...Hook Em Horns!

College Baseball World Series Champs...check
College Football National Champs...check
NCAA Basketball Champs...

Homer

Someone needed to put a diaper on Morrison. He was crying like a baby!

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Homer

SaintHiρρo

Well, I was 3 for 4 last night... don't feel the same about tonight but here are my picks regardless:

George Mason over Witchita St (don't know if I consider this an upset)
Villanova over Boston College
Florida defeats Georgetown
Connecticut mops the floor with Washington

Helen

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 24, 2006, 03:46:03 PM
Well, I was 3 for 4 last night... don't feel the same about tonight but here are my picks regardless:

George Mason over Witchita St (don't know if I consider this an upset)
Villanova over Boston College
Florida defeats Georgetown
Connecticut mops the floor with Washington

I'm so far out of this I hope your picks work for you!!!

Homer

I'm in 3rd place in a money pool but if LSU doesn't upset Texas I'm probably cooked. If they do, I have an excellent chance of winning. :D

Homer

Looks like the Sports Illustrated jinx was hard at work last night. :o

Homer

Nice recovery by Nova but still trail BC by 4 at the half. :(

SaintHiρρo

SaintHiρρo

Congrats to George Mason. Only a few seconds left but there is NO way they will lose this... ::knock on wood::

Monkey

I'm gonna get ulcers if this BC game goes to a 2nd overtime! Go BC!

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on March 24, 2006, 06:38:44 PM
I'm gonna get ulcers if this BC game goes to a 2nd overtime! Go BC!

LOL, Guess you won't have to worry about that now! Goaltending!

Monkey

SaintHiρρo

Homer

What a finish! Sorry PLM.

I'm not a real big basketball fan. I enjoy watching March Madness and the playoffs in the NBA but for the life of me I'll never understand the point of 1 and 1 free throws. It's like rewarding the defense for fouling someone especially if they miss the first one.

Monkey

Quote from: SaintHippo on March 24, 2006, 06:45:38 PM
Quote from: PogoLovinMonkey on March 24, 2006, 06:45:10 PM
UGHHHH!!!!!!!!!! *Screams*

They went down but they went down fighting!

Yeah. At least the BC women are in it taking out a #1 in the last round. Have to hope for UConn now! (Watch, I probably just jinxed them!)

I never watch much basketball either, just mainly the NBA playoffs and March Madness. I follow it a little every now and then by the standings.

Homer

LOL I'm gonna go crazy if it's U Conn v. Nova

Gotta root for the hometown team Nova. Not to mention I picked them in our contest. (Not that I can win the prize anyways)

In my money pool I have U Conn beating Nova and winning the championship as well. :o

RC

Quote from: Homer on March 24, 2006, 06:48:41 PM

I'm not a real big basketball fan. I enjoy watching March Madness and the playoffs in the NBA but for the life of me I'll never understand the point of 1 and 1 free throws. It's like rewarding the defense for fouling someone especially if they miss the first one.

I'm about in the same boat as you, Homer, in terms of amount of basketball watching, and when. The 1 and 1 free throws is a bit odd, but another NCAA rule I don't get- the possession arrow. When two guys tie up the ball, and the ref signals jump ball (just like in the NBA), but they don't jump it, possession goes to whoever the arrow is pointing to at that time.. what is the problem with just jumping the ball? They do it to start the halves, why not when the ball gets tied up? Doesn't make sense that a "tie" automatically goes to a certain team, and you know which team has the arrow, so you can tie someone up on purpose just to force a turnover and give your team the ball. But, I'm not really into the college sports, maybe there's a reason for it, or maybe it's just one of those wacky things that they have to have to make themselves different from pro sports, I don't know.

Homer

Quote from: RC on March 24, 2006, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: Homer on March 24, 2006, 06:48:41 PM

I'm about in the same boat as you, Homer, in terms of amount of basketball watching, and when. The 1 and 1 free throws is a bit odd, but another NCAA rule I don't get- the possession arrow. When two guys tie up the ball, and the ref signals jump ball (just like in the NBA), but they don't jump it, possession goes to whoever the arrow is pointing to at that time.. what is the problem with just jumping the ball? They do it to start the halves, why not when the ball gets tied up? Doesn't make sense that a "tie" automatically goes to a certain team, and you know which team has the arrow, so you can tie someone up on purpose just to force a turnover and give your team the ball. But, I'm not really into the college sports, maybe there's a reason for it, or maybe it's just one of those wacky things that they have to have to make themselves different from pro sports, I don't know.

Good point. I forgot about that one. You would think they would make it more like the pro game since that's where these guys are gonna try playing.

Same could be said when comparing college football to the NFL as well.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview