PlayBuddy
May 06, 2024, 04:46:09 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Quinn's Aquarium : Collect 60 pairs of Shell Tiles this week! [Download Cheat]
Crossword Cove HD : Solve 65 down words without using hints this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles Fan

I also am glad Brenna is gone.  Everytime I seen her I should have just screamed! She just thinks she is something else. 

Bree

Quote from: PunkInDrublic on March 02, 2006, 05:58:33 PM
flippin' back and forth between idol and survivor... stressful thursday nights  :))
Not too sad about anyone that's been voted off tonight though.

I was doing the same think Punk and I hate it when I miss a part of the shows.  Next time I am going to tape on and look at the other.  I was glad Brenna is gone also she was way to much on herself.

foxx

Not too sad about those who left...actually, not sad at all...

But Will needs to be counting his lucky stars and thanking all the tweens who voted to keep his no-talent butt on the show...man, he sucks.

Next week should be interesting...cutting 4 more out is kinda hard to do...I'd like to see Will and, I guess, Kevin gone from the guys, and Kellie Frickin Pickler and Melissa from the gals...

RC

Can't disagree with any of the 4 that left the last show.. I think David and Sway needed to go, neither were good enough. I don't like it when someone has one thing they do, and stay with that one thing always and try to ride it through all the way to the end, it's too boring.. and the crooner did just that, every time he performed, it was like the same thing. The gals, I don't think anyone was too upset seeing Brenna go, and Heather did deserve to after butchering the Mariah song, very bad choice on her part. 

So.. 16 to go.. of the remaining guys, I think Chris and Ace are standouts, Elliott is 3rd.. but even with how the judges applaud him, I'm not seein the star power kinda thing from him.. he can sing, but it's just alright to me, not like a 'WOW, that was out of this world' kinda thing. Ace didn't have his best show, but he'll stick around. Chris obviously rocked it. The gals.. Ayla keeps getting better, Katharine didn't do as good, but she's still up there, Mandisa's doin well.. I'm still likin Lisa as a fave, Kellie is doin well despite someone's hatred of her, and Melissa never really stood out to me before, but her last performance I think she just nailed it, it was an awesome performance overall and it was fun watching it.. not saying she's one of the best, but just that last one, was really good.

It's funny how the judges' minds seem to change weekly as to who they think is the 'one' to beat on each side.. first Simon is saying Elliott may have the best male vocals he's heard from any year's men, then it's Chris who all the guy's should be looking to to set that bar higher. One night it's Lisa or Katharine or some other chick who has the best voice, then it's Mandisa who is the best female singer. I mean, come on, if ya say someone is the best, don't go saying someone else is the best the next week.. either they are the "best", or they just had an outstanding night and are just a good singer.

Ones to go next week.. I think Bobby Brady, uhh I mean, Will could go, and Kevin's cuteness factor may have worn off by then (he was in the bottom 3 in voting this week but survived). I would not be shocked or upset to see Gedeon go, and Bucky has done well, but he may not get the support the others do. It's gonna be tougher for the girls, I think Kinnik may go (she was also a bottom 3 that survived), and of the rest, I can only imagine Melissa not getting enough votes, even though I thought she rocked the last time out. And a note for these kids... Stay away from the old songs!! Way too many old songs sung by 16 and 17 yr. olds, and a lot of ballads as well this week. Get back to more hipper, rockin songs for a change!

foxx

Quote from: RC on March 02, 2006, 11:43:48 PM

So.. 16 to go.. of the remaining guys, I think Chris and Ace are standouts, Elliott is 3rd.. but even with how the judges applaud him, I'm not seein the star power kinda thing from him.. he can sing, but it's just alright to me, not like a 'WOW, that was out of this world' kinda thing. Ace didn't have his best show, but he'll stick around. Chris obviously rocked it. The gals.. Ayla keeps getting better, Katharine didn't do as good, but she's still up there, Mandisa's doin well.. I'm still likin Lisa as a fave, Kellie is doin well despite someone's hatred of her, and Melissa never really stood out to me before, but her last performance I think she just nailed it, it was an awesome performance overall and it was fun watching it.. not saying she's one of the best, but just that last one, was really good.

Ones to go next week.. I think Bobby Brady, uhh I mean, Will could go, and Kevin's cuteness factor may have worn off by then (he was in the bottom 3 in voting this week but survived). I would not be shocked or upset to see Gedeon go, and Bucky has done well, but he may not get the support the others do. It's gonna be tougher for the girls, I think Kinnik may go (she was also a bottom 3 that survived), and of the rest, I can only imagine Melissa not getting enough votes, even though I thought she rocked the last time out. And a note for these kids... Stay away from the old songs!! Way too many old songs sung by 16 and 17 yr. olds, and a lot of ballads as well this week. Get back to more hipper, rockin songs for a change!

Sorry to selectively quote you RC...but I needed to slim it down a bit...

Love your comments about Elliot...not that I necessarily agree with them, but I love the Randy edge you threw in there...nice one dawg.

Bobby Brady...word.  But everytime I see him, I think of Kevin Arnold.   ;)

I agree that Melissa was really good this week...just don't see her around for the long haul.

And who's hating on Kellie (aside from me...)?  The judges all adore her for some reason and I don't think she's in danger of leaving for a while...although what's-her-face from last year reminded America what an actual cute blonde country singer looks like...  :P

RC

Quote from: foxx on March 03, 2006, 12:36:41 AM

And who's hating on Kellie (aside from me...)?  The judges all adore her for some reason and I don't think she's in danger of leaving for a while...although what's-her-face from last year reminded America what an actual cute blonde country singer looks like...  :P

lol.. I was only referring to you as the one hating on Kellie, as noted in these other posts as well.

Quote from: foxx on March 01, 2006, 06:43:58 AM
The women didn't really impress me either...although I did enjoy Mandisa and Ayla...
I think Kellie Pickler is so incredibly overrated...I have heard karaoke singers do Bonnie Raitt better...seriously.

Quote from: foxx on March 02, 2006, 10:47:00 PM
Next week should be interesting...cutting 4 more out is kinda hard to do...I'd like to see Will and, I guess, Kevin gone from the guys, and Kellie Frickin Pickler and Melissa from the gals...

She's obviously got that kind of country flavor, being from NC and having that accent.. I think she can be more than just a country artist though. Unlike someone like David who was never gonna do anything that didn't have him crooning, and not in the Harry Connick Jr. kinda way. She's also one who will say whatever's on her mind, no matter how country bumpkin-ish it might sound, and won't care what others think. Plus, come on, she's just too adorable lol.
  ;)

foxx

:)) 
Adorable?  Maybe. 
Can sing something other than country and do it well?  We'll see. 

I guess I have been hating on her pretty hard...but I was very disapointed with last season as a whole...and just don't want another what's-her-face...
:P

Tara

Ok my recap of the last 3 days...I thought the girls sucked except for Ayla...Seeing Brenna go home made my day   ;D  Don't know if I could of put up with that attitude another night...In the guys I liked Chris and Elliott the best out of Wed night performance....Last night Paula and Simon were acting very  rude when Ryan was asking them a question with the bottom 2 standing there and they did it twice...when Ryan asked who should go home and Paula says well Simon said the one who ate pizza and not salad...was that not rude?  And then the next time Paula says well Simon said something about a fortune cookie...very tacky Paula and Simon... >:(  Paris kinda turned me off with her attitude last night...I think she thinks her chit dont stink...we will see...I could be wrong...as far as Kellie...American Idol has promoted her since we saw the first commerical of it coming on as they did Carrie last year...I don't want to see another country singer..They do have Nashville Star for that...Funny how they say can u sing Pop to alot of them in auditions but when they sing country its ok..I don't know...JMO ...and we all have them.

Bree

I think Kellie will win out of all the girls.  I think she has a great voice and personality.  She will win the fans over to her side.

Tara

Shes had a pretty sad life and lots of bad luck with her Mom leaving her when she a little girl and her Dad in and out of prision all her life...Her grandparents raised her and her grandmother just died recently...So your probably right...people who have it hard and not by there own choice usually comes out on top later in life

Helen

Quote from: Tara on March 03, 2006, 09:04:49 PM
Shes had a pretty sad life and lots of bad luck with her Mom leaving her when she a little girl and her Dad in and out of prision all her life...Her grandparents raised her and her grandmother just died recently...So your probably right...people who have it hard and not by there own choice usually comes out on top later in life

If she can put together a few strong performances and really WOW the fans, she stands a really good chance.

foxx

Quote from: Tara on March 03, 2006, 05:36:21 AM
Ok my recap of the last 3 days...I thought the girls sucked except for Ayla...Seeing Brenna go home made my day   ;D  Don't know if I could of put up with that attitude another night...In the guys I liked Chris and Elliott the best out of Wed night performance....Last night Paula and Simon were acting very  rude when Ryan was asking them a question with the bottom 2 standing there and they did it twice...when Ryan asked who should go home and Paula says well Simon said the one who ate pizza and not salad...was that not rude?  And then the next time Paula says well Simon said something about a fortune cookie...very tacky Paula and Simon... >:(  Paris kinda turned me off with her attitude last night...I think she thinks her chit dont stink...we will see...I could be wrong...as far as Kellie...American Idol has promoted her since we saw the first commerical of it coming on as they did Carrie last year...I don't want to see another country singer..They do have Nashville Star for that...Funny how they say can u sing Pop to alot of them in auditions but when they sing country its ok..I don't know...JMO ...and we all have them.

I'm with Tara on this one...There is a show called Nashville Star for the country singers....
;)

tigereyes

True, but wouldn't it be boring if they all sang the same type of music? I like seeing all kinds of music. I wanted Bo to win last year but I wasn't upset when Carrie won. I like Kellie. She has a good personality. She's not one of the best singers there though.

Tara

Woooo hooooo its American Idol nite....I hope the girls do better this week than they did last week....For all u Bo Bice fans....He will be performing Thursday nite on the result show  ;)

Fox is coming up with some kinda of AI extra show for backstage to see the contestants reactions when they get sent thome    :o

Libra

Quote from: Tara on March 07, 2006, 04:10:43 PM
Woooo hooooo its American Idol nite....I hope the girls do better this week than they did last week....For all u Bo Bice fans....He will be performing Thursday nite on the result show  ;)

Fox is coming up with some kinda of AI extra show for backstage to see the contestants reactions when they get sent thome    :o

Yeah, no kidding about the "doing better." Last week was a snooze fest with the chicas.

Lib

-Tinkerbell

ok now i'm confused i TRYED to watch but isn't seem to be on what time today will it be it be on EST time??

Libra

Quote from: ~Word Life~ on March 07, 2006, 04:15:02 PM
ok now i'm confused i TRYED to watch but isn't seem to be on what time today will it be it be on EST time??

It's on Fox at 8:00 EST.  O0

PunkInDrublic

wow!!! Katherine did great - really surprised me. Great performance  :)

Tara

I totally agree she has been the best out so far tonite   O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview