PlayBuddy
May 17, 2024, 07:10:05 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Video Games

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

What method do you use to get your video games?

Rent
3 (2.2%)
Buy
79 (58.5%)
Both
53 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Tara

Quote from: Mr. Tila Tequila on November 11, 2007, 08:44:01 AM
Quote from: Monkey on November 10, 2007, 10:05:59 PM
Call of Duty 4 kicks  :o0  :D
been playing since it came out, looking forward to assassin's creed this tues.

OMG..not assain's creed?  Gawd, I've been waiting forever for it to come out too.  I can't wait until Tuesday.  :-\

Tara

Hottest Banned Games

Carmageddon
Wolfenstein 3D
Mortal Kombat
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas  (my kids have this one  :-\ )
Pokemon
BMX XXX
C&C: Generals (EA)   (shame on EA) :)))
Football Manager 2005
The Guy Game  :-\
GRAW2
Manhunt 2

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/video-game-nasties-hottest-banned-games/535678-2

Monkey

Quote from: Tara on November 12, 2007, 07:09:18 AM
Hottest Banned Games

Carmageddon
Wolfenstein 3D
Mortal Kombat
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas  (my kids have this one  :-\ )
Pokemon
BMX XXX
C&C: Generals (EA)   (shame on EA) :)))
Football Manager 2005
The Guy Game  :-\
GRAW2
Manhunt 2

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/video-game-nasties-hottest-banned-games/535678-2
I plan on getting that  :-X

Tara

How come you can't buy the first Xbox anymore?  :-\

Homer

Quote from: Tara on November 17, 2007, 07:15:55 AM

I'm not an Xboxer but sometimes they discontinue older consoles. you can probably find one on ebay but if they no longer make the console they probably aren't making games for it either.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Monkey

I think it's cause the 360 has been out for like 2 years now, and most of the old Xbox games are compatible with the Xbox 360.

I'm sure you can find a used one on the internet if you search for it though.

Tara

Quote from: Monkey on November 17, 2007, 04:09:38 PM
I think it's cause the 360 has been out for like 2 years now, and most of the old Xbox games are compatible with the Xbox 360.

I'm sure you can find a used one on the internet if you search for it though.

Ok, I'm confused now..lol  We have PS2 at our house, but my next door neighbor has Xbox ..isn't that what you play Halo on? So now then there is Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Live?  Or what..lol      My kids want to play Halo...what do I need?  LOL  and I'm not spending over 400.00 on a system.  >:D

Monkey

Quote from: Tara on November 17, 2007, 04:13:45 PM
Ok, I'm confused now..lol  We have PS2 at our house, but my next door neighbor has Xbox ..isn't that what you play Halo on? So now then there is Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Live?  Or what..lol      My kids want to play Halo...what do I need?  LOL  and I'm not spending over 400.00 on a system.  >:D

An Xbox 360 itself - You can get a new one for between $350-$450 I think. Two or three games come with the Xbox though, they're also included in the price. Old, used Xbox 360s you can probably get for $200. (without any games with it)

An Xbox Live membership if they want to play online against other people - You can get a 12 month membership for like $50

The new Halo 3 game is $60

You may want/need a wireless network adapter too, that's around $100.

Extra controllers if necessary, wired controllers are $40 each, and wireless controllers are $50 each. You can sometimes choose the color of the controllers too if you buy them seperately I think. There's white, black, and pink I think.

Then you'd need a memory card or a harddrive. Memory cards are between $25-$50, it depends on the amount of memory they have. Harddrives are $180. I have the harddrive.. it has a lot more memory than the memory card does, thus that's why it's around $150 more.

I think that's it  :-[

Edited to say that they might want a microphone too.. wired ones are $20, wireless ones are $60. I love trashtalking people on the mic  +++ I have the wireless one and it works great. You don't really need a mic though.

Tara

Good gawd!  Thanks for all that info Monkey...Guess what?  There won't be any Halo stuff or Xbox in this house..lol 

I could get a PS3 and 10 new games for what all the headache would be.

jeffy

i actually put down zelda phantom hourglass to play contra 4 for the ds man talk about manly... contra 4 will put hair on your chest boobs or no boobs.    :"

bobby

contra..didnt the first one have the classic up up down down left right left right select code fall13.gif

jeffy

yea u,u,d,d,l,r,l,r,b,a start

this contra 4 on the ds has the original contra and super c from the nes in it once you beat the game then do the challenge mode

well worth the 29 bucks

bobby

anyone else played the orange box? best value out there...5 games for 60 bux on 1 disc O0

Tara

Quote from: bobby on November 18, 2007, 09:43:13 PM
anyone else play with the orange box?

:-\   Be careful...sounds like you might catch something.  :)))

Tara

Quote from: bobby on November 18, 2007, 09:43:13 PM
anyone else played the orange box? best value out there...5 games for 60 bux on 1 disc O0

Bestbuy has Orange box and Bioshock for 25.00, and free shipping.  Is the the orange box you were talking about?

Orange box:   http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8521192&st=orange+box&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1186007266755

Bioshock:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8275519&st=bioshock&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1171057792382

Homer

I wish they would hurry with the AR Max or Game Shark for PS3 :///

Tara

Quote from: Homer on November 23, 2007, 05:37:15 PM
I wish they would hurry with the AR Max or Game Shark for PS3 :///

Yeah me too, I can't wait.  :-\

Homer

bobby

has anyone else played rockband yet?? got the sweet hookup with the fake drums, guitar and mic snowman1.gif

Homer

Why pretend when you can do the real thing? I sang once with a band in front of a couple hundred people in a famous local hangout. :-{

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview