PlayBuddy
May 15, 2024, 10:50:06 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Mobile - General Info & Badges

Started by SaintHiρρo,

Previous topic - Next topic

kessler

this mobile thing is driving me nuts. i am certainly not going to switch my plan to verizon, so i frantically search umpteen times a day to see any news of us cellular easyedge possibly carrying the games. alas, no good news and i fear i will get none in the future.

The only other thing i could think of is getting a prepaid verizon, but how would the minutes add up? Would it end up being a rip off? I'm not quite clear on how minutes and usage is deducted from the contract plans anyway.

It's causing an empty abyss in this melon of mine. This whole moblie badge fiasco is tearing me up inside; I have a great emptiness about my soul.

Barbara

We have to get you out of the house more often.  Badges aren't everything and you certainly don't have to have them all.  I almost typed that whole thing before I laughed and snorted.  Have you ever thought just to ask someone who has Verizon to get those badges for you?

avs1roy33

Sprint is next in line to pick up the games, and other major companies (like Cingular) are expected to pick up the games in the near future. Be patient, it will come. Although, I could be wrong, because I don't know what the easyedge is.

Barbara said it perfectly. LOL

kessler

easyedge is basically like the get it now from verizon, only for us cellular. and unfortunately i know of no one with verizon around here. not the company of choice. believe me i am desperate, i would ask someone if i could, but i shall just remain here, trapped in front of my computer, grieving in my little pretend cardboard box of badge withdrawl emotion.

perhaps i do need to get out more. someone... please pass the wine ::)

Motley

It sure seems some companies can't keep their stuff together.  I was told that my phone was not compatible with Turbo 21.  I woke up this morning and all 3 games were available for my phone. So, if you have a Samsung a650, you can get these games, even if Verizon tells you no.  BTW...there is a reason why I HATE Poppit and the mobile version is no walk in the park.

To remark on someone else's Tri Peaks problem, I have been to the treasure chest 2 times already and haven't moved past 33.3%.  If this is common, can someone who's gotten the first badge please tell me I'm not wasting my time.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: Motley on August 06, 2005, 04:56:53 AM
It sure seems some companies can't keep their stuff together.  I was told that my phone was not compatible with Turbo 21.  I woke up this morning and all 3 games were available for my phone. So, if you have a Samsung a650, you can get these games, even if Verizon tells you no.  BTW...there is a reason why I HATE Poppit and the mobile version is no walk in the park.

To remark on someone else's Tri Peaks problem, I have been to the treasure chest 2 times already and haven't moved past 33.3%.  If this is common, can someone who's gotten the first badge please tell me I'm not wasting my time.

I've got the first badge already and 33% is just towards the first rank. Once you get the first rank, it takes a drop to something like 8.5% or something near there to get to rank 2. So this will be the hardest of the 3 games to get all 5 badges for, especially when you consider you have to win 6 games just to get the JP spin! So don't worry, it's not a "problem" with the game... it's just you're still trying to get to rank 1

Barbara

I went across all the treasure chests in Tri Peaks once and I was at 33.3% towards the first badge.  The second time across I did not advance % wise.  At the end of the third trip across, I was still at 33.3%.  The Turbo 21 game gave the first badge with one well placed hand.  Could this Tri Peaks game be that hard?

Homer

Quote from: christina on August 05, 2005, 10:10:28 PM
Well I'm sorry to hear that Homer. What sucks is I just bought a new phone last week. And as far as I knew it was supposed to be able to play the games. As much as I would like to play the games, I dunno if I would trade my phone for another one, as I totally love tihs one!

off topic- why do you say their service is so awful? I'm just curious because I've never had a problem. I used to have T-Mobile, and OMG they were horrible!! We moved and had no cell signal whatsoever. I called Customer Service, and they admitted to having limited to no cell signal where we lived, but refused to let us out of our contract! Anyway, just wondering why you're so unhappy with them.

They are over priced and they have the worst signal problems I have ever encountered. I can get what I have now $20/month cheaper with another service. Price really isn't the main issue though. Their signal strength is terrible. I live in a highly populated part of the city where signals should not be an issue. Of course when I signed up with them they only gave me 72 hours to decide if I wanted to stay with them. This is not nearly enough time to evaluate a phone and/or service. Sometimes it takes my phone 5-10 seconds to connect and don't get me started with the dropped calls. I'd estimate that a third of my calls are dropped because of losing the signal.

Of course when I called their customer service to address this issue they gave me some line about punching a code into the phone so that it would search out the nearest tower or something like that. They suggested I do this whenver I have problems. Well that did absolutely nothing to fix my problem. Since I could get no satisfaction on the phone I went back to the store I bought everything from. I figured maybe something might be wrong with the phone so I put it in the shop. They said there was nothing wrong with my phone. They also wanted $180 for me to get out of my contract. I wasn't about to pay that. Then there was the time it took me 3 months to get another line of service removed from my account. They allowed someone else to open an additional line of service under my account without my authorization. Of course they claim I authorized it but that was a lie. Sounds to me they don't do a good job of protecting their customers information. An overall disappointing experience at least for me it was.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Chuuu

So, uh.  I've got Tri-Peaks and Turbo 21 for my cell phone, but no Poppit.   :'(
Are they releasing certain games in certain areas only?

Barbara

It appears that way for the moment.  I don't have Poppit yet either.  Just keep looking and I am sure it will be there soon.

Motley

Quote from: Barbara on August 06, 2005, 07:16:50 AM
I went across all the treasure chests in Tri Peaks once and I was at 33.3% towards the first badge.  The second time across I did not advance % wise.  At the end of the third trip across, I was still at 33.3%.  The Turbo 21 game gave the first badge with one well placed hand.  Could this Tri Peaks game be that hard?

Thank you Barb, that was what I was looking for...it is not just me.  lol..it is going to take awhile.  I just wanted to make sure that my game didn't hiccup and keep me at 33.3% forever.

Barbara

And to think that it only took me three times across to stop doing it.  I wonder how they are going to fix this?  Oh well, we will just have to play Turbo 21 for now.

Lady Golden Eagle

I just checked my phone, I have Poppit and Turbo 21, wanted Tri-peaks.

Darn it all  lol

lvdust72

My phone sits there and laughs at me.  :( :'(  I swear I can hear the bages calling me saying "Do you want me now?"  Bad POGO! >:D

Zoomy

Thats weird that some people only have certain games right now. I did only have T21, but today when I woke up, I checked my phone, and I now have all three games.  Sweet! And I already have the first two badges for Poppit. Haven't tried tripeaks yet though. Good luck all....hope everyone gets all three games soon. O0

Barbara

Quote from: lvdust72 on August 05, 2005, 06:35:15 PM
Do we have any generous people that would be willing get people who have no verizon or does not know anyone with it, for our badges? 

I have a 2 yr contract on Alltel, or I would just switch service.......I need my baby badges.... :'( :'( :'(

LvDust, I stuck 5 badges in your album.  Ranger, you also have 5.  I am going to try to see if I can get Poppit yet on the mobile service.

SaintHiρρo

11 Badges down... 4 to go. Not looking forward to playing Tri-Peaks Mobile... takes way too long. The percentage should be highter if I have to avoid fire, boulders, man-eating plants and other obstacles to open up a freakin' chest! Oh well... time to get working if I want to take advantage of free night and weekend minutes!

Barbara

You are the Mobile Badge Fairy.  I've earned 25, so far just Turbo 21 though.

lvdust72

Quote from: Barbara on August 06, 2005, 05:34:56 PM
Quote from: lvdust72 on August 05, 2005, 06:35:15 PM
Do we have any generous people that would be willing get people who have no verizon or does not know anyone with it, for our badges? 

I have a 2 yr contract on Alltel, or I would just switch service.......I need my baby badges.... :'( :'( :'(

LvDust, I stuck 5 badges in your album.  Ranger, you also have 5.  I am going to try to see if I can get Poppit yet on the mobile service.

Badge fairy you are the GREATEST!!!!   :-* :-* :-*

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview