PlayBuddy
May 15, 2024, 11:19:41 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Ending A Game

Started by pokhermama,

Previous topic - Next topic

pokhermama

is there a prog or something other then whats on the game like new game, end game buttons that will end a game in the middle?

Blu

bobby

Quote from: pokhermama on March 19, 2006, 10:36:48 AM
is there a prog or something other then whats on the game like new game, end game buttons that will end a game in the middle?
there's STAND in some games ???

pokhermama

stand? whats that and no game in preticeluar just any or all games.

o i know what u mean. hmm thinking maybe turbo 21 that would be cool.

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: pokhermama on March 19, 2006, 10:36:48 AM

I didn't understand this at all but I will ask, why would you want to end a game in the middle?

Mary

ClingFree

Only thing that comes to mind .. is if youre in a rated game and losing?

RC

I find that the X in the top right hand corner of the game window does wonders!  :D

And there is a "leave game" button in Turbo. But it does the same as just clicking out of the game. I'm with Saint on this, not sure what the purpose of this is. A little overthinking perhaps.

hades

Quote from: RC on March 19, 2006, 01:45:40 PM
I find that the X in the top right hand corner of the game window does wonders!  :D

lmao  :))

Jinx55

Quote from: hades on March 19, 2006, 02:22:18 PM
Quote from: RC on March 19, 2006, 01:45:40 PM

lmao  :))

Ummmm, well yeah my first thought too   :))  :))  :))  :))  :))  :))

cowboy63

Yea but in a rated game it might not work to your advantage. Depends on how well the comp does or the human player does after you leave.

RC

Quote from: cowboy63 on March 19, 2006, 10:09:33 PM
Yea but in a rated game it might not work to your advantage. Depends on how well the comp does or the human player does after you leave.

OK, how does that make sense? Since when does anything depend on what a comp or another person does after you leave a game? How does that affect you at all? Once you leave a game and the window is closed, you're done.. what someone does after you goes on them, not you.

This thread has gotten too strange for me.. you sure this isn't in the Twilight Zone? Am I really here? Do I even exist? What are all these voices?  ???  :o

Country Lady

:o  I've noticed strangeness in several threads in the last few days. :-\  Wonder if it is full moon yet?  :)) :))

pogohatesme

Quote from: RC on March 19, 2006, 11:48:51 PM
Quote from: cowboy63 on March 19, 2006, 10:09:33 PM

OK, how does that make sense? Since when does anything depend on what a comp or another person does after you leave a game? How does that affect you at all? Once you leave a game and the window is closed, you're done.. what someone does after you goes on them, not you.

This thread has gotten too strange for me.. you sure this isn't in the Twilight Zone? Am I really here? Do I even exist? What are all these voices?  ???  :o

Maybe he has Pogo confuse with someplace differnt...I know for a fact in yahoo if you leave a rated game in the middle and someone sits down and finishes it still affects your rating not the person who finished the game

Tori

Works the same in rated Pogo games too. If you start a game and don't finish..the outcome (whether played by bot or another player who took your seat) affects YOUR rating. I've had my lowered couple of times for that reason...leaving.

ee4.gif

Nymphy

That sucks, Im working on my Canasta Rating. But if someone leaves and the computer takes over, the ratting wont automatically go down, depending the outcome of the game. And It does benifit you if the person that passes the cards your way becomes a Tin Man because they will throw ANY ol card ur way no matter if knowingly you have a set to match it up with to pick the pile up. Woot Woot

Tori

Well yeah it does benefit your rating, if that "player" wins ...Then your rating will reflect the win.
If it loses, then rating goes down.

I was so upset when my rating mysteriously went down after I had left a stinky rated game (with partner not knowing how to bid) and was in unrated game...msg popped up saying my rating was lower...I wrote Pogo and they gave me the explanation...If it wins, it goes up..if lose, goes down.

butch1286

I have been in a game when it just closed it self makes me so mad when im going for a hard (lol)badge!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview