PlayBuddy
May 15, 2024, 01:00:16 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby

Quote from: SaintHippo on April 23, 2006, 04:03:14 PM
Can I brag too? The Royals have won 2 in a row... pencil them in for the Playoffs baby! We're only 8 games out of 1st place! Whoo hoo! This is our year!!!!
thanks saint for those 2 wins O0

Helen

Can I brag too? The Royals have won 2 in a row... pencil them in for the Playoffs baby! We're only 8 games out of 1st place! Whoo hoo! This is our year!!!!

Hey, you never know. They may just surprise you!!  :D

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: bobby on April 23, 2006, 04:05:14 PM
thanks saint for those 2 wins O0

LoL you're welcomed. Even though they're not my favorite team (I'm a Dodger fan... only 2 games out of 1st place in the NL West), I will be rooting for them all season long as I do every year for the worst team of the previous year.

hades

i wonder which team or teams wont win the ws in the next fifty years  :))

Helen

Well, it's been quite a while since my favorite team has won it so hopefully they won't be in that bunch, lol. They had their chance that year against the Marlins until they put Jose Mesa in. I knew he was not going to do well and shut the TV off!! Oh well, I keep hoping!! Maybe this year?  :))

bobby

Garland(2-1) vs Moyer(0-2) tonight, if moyer is back to himself we could have an old-fashoned pitchers duel O0

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on April 24, 2006, 02:51:20 PM
Looks when we play the royels. We need some wins badly :)) :)) :)) Hell the way we been playing as of late i'am not sure we could beat them with mike couching this team he seems to be able to find a way to lose a game. Like having sexton trying to steal 2nd base againt one of the best catchers in the game. when no one else is the league yet has even tryed to steal a base on pudge or sitting on his ass watching eddie walk 4 guys right after we just scored 3 runs in the 8th to tie the game or having the same lineup night after night when everyone been doing nothing or pitch hitting for the same guy everytime I HOPE THEY FIRE MIKE SOON HE GIVING ME CHEAT PAINS

:o ... that's the look on my face as I attempted to read that. Regardless, I was joking about the Royals. They have about as much chance of winning as my favorite team (The Dodgers) do of winning the World Series this season... none!

hades

lol jim give it up.both your teams will be out of it by the summer  :)

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on April 24, 2006, 06:17:50 PM
Quote from: jim1975 on April 24, 2006, 06:16:57 PM
Quote from: bobby on April 24, 2006, 02:53:30 PM
Garland(2-1) vs Moyer(0-2) tonight, if moyer is back to himself we could have an old-fashoned pitchers duel O0
Moyer has pitched good enough to be 2-0 Hopefully  we can score a few runs for him tonight. Looking at gerland era maybe we can. But we have this thing where we make crappy pitchers look like they are cy young pitchers or eddie come in the 9th and walks ppl around the bases :)) :)) :))

WTF?!?!?!? You're quoting yourself now and not saying or adding anything to your message?

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on April 24, 2006, 06:21:44 PM
Quote from: hades on April 24, 2006, 05:54:25 PM
Naaa i don"t see boston choking this yr and if the mariners fired mike and we start hitting and mike being gone so we don"t have to put up with his dumb moves and leaving pitchers in to long or leaving the closer in when he hasnt done smelly stuff all year in to walk 4 batters in without the other team ever getting a hit and losing games for us we can turn it around no one in the al west is doing anything at 7-13 we are only 3 games out of first so plenty of time to get the ship turned  ;:"

"Mike" leaving won't change the fact they're not hitting. He's not out there saying "swing only when the ball is 'yay' high". If the owner(s) thought he was doing a horrible job not even ONE MONTH INTO THE SEASON, they would have mentioned it, The Seattle Posts would be all over him and we would be hearing things... but we're not! Please, I'm begging you, stop talking like it's either the end of the world or so close we can taste it.... it's not even 4 weeks into the season yet!

RowdyOne

Hey Jim i bet you forgot about the Astros terriable start last year when they started the season off 15-30 and everyone counted them out and even as the newspapers put it "They dug their own graves and now have to lie in them" but look what happen, They came back not only to make the playoffs but get in the world series.  And if I'm not mistaken the Astros did NOT start their winning streak  till middle of june or july which was when they had that amazing run to the playoffs.

The point I'm trying to make here is that every team goes through good and bad transistions at the early stages of the season but counting teams out in the first month is just to stupid.

In the words of Biff from the movie Back to the future :Helloooo, McFly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

bobby

Quote from: jim1975 on April 24, 2006, 06:21:44 PM
Quote from: hades on April 24, 2006, 05:54:25 PM
Naaa i don"t see boston choking this yr and if the mariners fired mike and we start hitting and mike being gone so we don"t have to put up with his dumb moves and leaving pitchers in to long or leaving the closer in when he hasnt done smelly stuff all year in to walk 4 batters in without the other team ever getting a hit and losing games for us we can turn it around no one in the al west is doing anything at 7-13 we are only 3 games out of first so plenty of time to get the ship turned  ;:"
does the a.l. west ever do anything ??? it's always all angels, and the angels aren't even that good

hades

angels arent that good but the rest in the al west are even worse  :))

bobby

where's jim, this makes up for yesterday, 11-0 sox in the 7th :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: bobby on April 25, 2006, 09:11:25 PM
where's jim, this makes up for yesterday, 11-0 sox in the 7th :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Oh he'll be back with some excuse as to what happened.

bobby

Helen

Quote from: bobby on April 25, 2006, 10:10:03 PM
13-3 final :)) :)) :)) :))

You think that's funny?? Yeah, I do too.  :)) :)) They had some hot bats tonight.  :D

hades

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: jim1975 on April 26, 2006, 02:34:11 PM
This was the first time this yr the mariners got there butts kicked happens to everyteam inleast once during the yr. Series tied 1-1 now. If we win tonight we took 2-1 from the W.S CHAMPS. Thenwe play them next week again. and hopefully we can do it again ;:"

Ok, my question for you is: if this had happened during the 1st game of the year, would you have said "this was the first time this year...."? The "year" isn't one month old yet and to say it happens to every team at least once a year... if things continue to go this week, it will happen much more than once a year buddy! Let's stop talking about things as if the year is over and take one game at a time.

bobby

Quote from: jim1975 on April 26, 2006, 06:39:02 PM
Quote from: SaintHippo on April 26, 2006, 02:42:41 PM
Quote from: jim1975 on April 26, 2006, 02:34:11 PM
This was the first time this yr the mariners got there butts kicked happens to everyteam inleast once during the yr. Series tied 1-1 now. If we win tonight we took 2-1 from the W.S CHAMPS. Thenwe play them next week again. and hopefully we can do it again ;:"

Ok, my question for you is: if this had happened during the 1st game of the year, would you have said "this was the first time this year...."? The "year" isn't one month old yet and to say it happens to every team at least once a year... if things continue to go this week, it will happen much more than once a year buddy! Let's stop talking about things as if the year is over and take one game at a time.
U can not win everygame it"s only april and we are only 3 games out of first and yes almost everyteam in baseball will get blowen out once a year. No biggie we just need to take this series and win tonight ;:"
good luck with that :)) buehrle is up tonight :)) O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview