PlayBuddy
May 16, 2024, 04:55:52 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Monopoly Sudoku : Win 30 games with 2 or more lives left this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 22 diamond suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby

ok, when the M's take 2 of 3 at comiskey let me know :P..........AND DON'T BRING UP THE 2000 ALDS >:( :P

Helen

Quote from: jim1975 on April 26, 2006, 07:20:38 PM
Quote from: bobby on April 26, 2006, 07:02:46 PM
ok, when the M's take 2 of 3 at comiskey let me know :P..........AND DON'T BRING UP THE 2000 ALDS >:( :P
Well that was the only time but it"s will happen for the first time during the reg season next week. i can just fell it. I think the mariners are about to go on a long winning steak and do very well on the road 5 out of 7 worst case in case eddie blows a game 4 of 7 O0

I will say this for you Jim....you are a true fan.  O0  You are to be commended on that. So at the end of the year, if they do pull it off and make the playoffs, at least no one can call you a front-runner. :D

bobby

Quote from: Helen on April 26, 2006, 07:25:05 PM
Well that was the only time but it"s will happen for the first time during the reg season next week. i can just fell it. I think the mariners are about to go on a long winning steak and do very well on the road 5 out of 7 worst case in case eddie blows a game 4 of 7 O0

I will say this for you Jim....you are a true fan.  O0  You are to be commended on that. So at the end of the year, if they do pull it off and make the playoffs, at least no one can call you a front-runner. :D
i hate all those band-wagon jumpers,ever since the sox won the ws, now everyone is magically a sox fan, before everyone loved the cubs :-\

Helen

Quote from: bobby on April 26, 2006, 07:28:22 PM
Quote from: Helen on April 26, 2006, 07:25:05 PM

i hate all those band-wagon jumpers,ever since the sox won the ws, now everyone is magically a sox fan, before everyone loved the cubs :-\

I know what you're saying Bobby. That's why I'm giving Jim credit for being a true fan.  :D

bobby

why is widger playing :x :x :x we never win when he plays :-\ >:(

Helen

Quote from: bobby on April 26, 2006, 07:35:28 PM
why is widger playing :x :x :x we never win when he plays :-\ >:(

Didn't you tell the manager to keep him out? What's wrong with you.... :))  :))

bobby

i can't tell ozzie anything, i don't understand a word he says back :D

Helen

OK, you got me there, lol. I don't understand him either.  :D  :D  :D

hades

is jim a mariners or red sox fan? he keeps switching  :x

Helen

I think the M's are his 1st team and the Red Sox his 2nd team. I'm not 100% sure though.

Blu

Quote from: hades on April 26, 2006, 10:25:29 PM
You gotta have a back up plan when plan 1 (M's) is a sure fire loser.
WTG M's...at 31.9% your winning % is 2nd worst in the AL.

Ethan_Hawley

I don't understand this concept of "backup teams."  You don't root for both the Yankees and the Mets know what I mean?

I live in San Diego, I enjoy going to Padres games.  It affords me the opportunity to see alot of good baseball (that's debatable actually), but I'm certainly not also a Padres fan.

And don't get me started on the Reds...ugh.

Helen

Quote from: Ethan_Hawley on April 27, 2006, 04:52:15 AM
I don't understand this concept of "backup teams."  You don't root for both the Yankees and the Mets know what I mean?

I live in San Diego, I enjoy going to Padres games.  It affords me the opportunity to see alot of good baseball (that's debatable actually), but I'm certainly not also a Padres fan.

And don't get me started on the Reds...ugh.

I won't get you started on the Reds Ethan, lol.

So, when you go to the Padres games, do you just sit there and not cheer for anyone? That would have to be boring IMO.  :)) I was at Qualcom a few years back and saw the Padres and the Cardinals. I cheered for the Padres because they had a few more players that I liked than the Cardinals did. When I saw the Phillies in Atlanta, I had to cheer for the Phillies because they still had Jim Thome. I see what you mean by a "back up team" though. Going to a game and cheering for one team is far different than having 2 teams you cheer for all the time!!!  :)) :))

hades

if thats the case for jim....his backteam is awful too  :))

Helen

Quote from: hades on April 27, 2006, 06:02:04 AM
if thats the case for jim....his backteam is awful too  :))

Well, it's really too early in the season to predict where either team will be come mid-season. I defer my comments until then, lol.  :))

bobby

Quote from: jim1975 on April 27, 2006, 02:40:37 PM
Quote from: BluRaven on April 27, 2006, 04:40:33 AM
Hay the mariners arealot better then they been playing as of late. we took 2 of 3 from the W.S CHAMPS. hopefuly we can build on this and get the ship turned around. I think that asskicking we got in game to awoke a few of the players  up . i saw everyone not swinging at bad pitches and making the pitcher throw strikes and much better baserunning expect for where willie took a wide turn at first trying to turn a single into a double. I see the mariners have a good roadtrap to baltmore and then on to play the ws champs again.
i love how everyone takes the sox as a threat now, everything changes after a championship :))

ClingFree

Quote from: bobby on April 27, 2006, 04:54:02 PM
Hay the mariners arealot better then they been playing as of late. we took 2 of 3 from the W.S CHAMPS. hopefuly we can build on this and get the ship turned around. I think that asskicking we got in game to awoke a few of the players  up . i saw everyone not swinging at bad pitches and making the pitcher throw strikes and much better baserunning expect for where willie took a wide turn at first trying to turn a single into a double. I see the mariners have a good roadtrap to baltmore and then on to play the ws champs again.
i love how everyone takes the sox as a threat now, everything changes after a championship :))

I'd rip on the sox  ... just to show you we all dont take them as a threat .. but then you might recall where I'm from and that would give you ammo. 

bobby

Quote from: ClingFree on April 27, 2006, 05:03:18 PM

I'd rip on the sox  ... just to show you we all dont take them as a threat .. but then you might recall where I'm from and that would give you ammo. 
awwwwwwwwwwww  :-\

SaintHiρρo

Quote from: ClingFree on April 27, 2006, 05:03:18 PM

Three Words: Kansas City Royals
Two Words: World Champions
One Word: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (ok, maybe more than one word)

hades

jim..taking two of three from the sox doesnt mean the mariners are goin to do anything. thats like saying they won four in a row and are now guarenteed to be in the world series  :))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview